“Good!”

Vivatel Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #113 of 356 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and it was good! Room was well-decorated, clean and comfortable. But, the swimming pool was quite small and didn't have a good view. Morning buffets were ok, some were delicious but overall not my taste :)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank HoangLan135
Vivatel_KL, Guest Relations Manager at Vivatel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Hoang Lan,

Thank you for choosing Vivatel as your preferred accommodation during your visit to Malaysia, it was our privilege to host you during your stay.

We're delighted to hear about your pleasant experience here. We appreciate your feedback regarding the morning buffet spread and we will continue to improve on it to cater for various preferences and people.

We thank you once again for taking time to review our hotel, may we see you in the future again!

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

My sis and I stayed here for one night since I attended company annual dinner. It was a standard room and at first glance everything looks neat and interior design was impressive until I discovered shower switch is not working, shower gel was not refilled, floor is dirty, lamp desk is not working and bed was not even neatly done.

Eventhough it is the small things but it dissapoint me since I've been to cheaper hotel but everything in the room are perfectly function. I am guessing the hotel houskeeper do not check thoroughly after the room has been cleaned.

The receptionist was not friendly either with her sulky face attending us or other people.

The hotel is attached with shopping mall which always an added advantage and convenient for travelling by foot which is walking distance to train station.

The room has a great interior design and modern with a comfortable bed though I really wish they could done better.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank shareenadean
Vivatel_KL, Manager at Vivatel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your constructive feedback with regards to your recent stay at
Vivatel Kuala Lumpur. Please do accept our sincere apologies for not being able to live up to your expectations. This provides us a great opportunity to further strengthen our service standards and close the loopholes.

I must sincerely apologize for housekeeping overlooking on the cleanliness and services rendered by our receptionist. Rest assured I have taken note of all your comments and have been looking into them personally together with the departments concerned. I thank you once again for highlighting our shortcomings.

We hope that you will consider visiting us again to allow us to change your perception of
Vivatel Kuala Lumpur.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed here to attend a conference nearby.

This hotel is located in a mall - viva mall which I did not have time to visit

The first issue is parking. It is rather confusing. This hotel does not have its own parking zone and shares it's parkings pace with the mall therefore to park is to park in the mall.

The second issue is looking for the hotel lobby from the parking area. I met with a guest of the hotel who was equally lost which is not a good 'feel' to your first impression. I needed help from another guest who was staying there to find my way.

The hotel itself was not bad. The staff were friendly. Basic amenities available.

The rooms were clean. The view was okay. The rooms were fairly modern. Some of us found the fact that there was a window from the bedroom into the toilet disconcerting, however, it was ok for me.

I tried the pool which was ok and the breakfast. The latter I had once and only had some pastry. I noted there were a lot of guest from tour groups which may be the target audience for the hotel.

Finally, the hotel is in KL but not in the main parts of KL. You will need to travel by car or taxi to where all the action is at. Unless you have this, best to stay in other estabishments in KL. If you came to visit relatives in the nearby hospital HUKM, this may be a suitable venue.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ViciousTravelling
Vivatel_KL, Manager at Vivatel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Vicious Travelling,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

We note you were overall satisfied with the room, hotel facilities and services rendered by our staff but disappointed with the lack of signage at our car park area and the location of our hotel.

We have reviewed your comments and will work on putting up more directory signage to guide our guests to hotel lobby from the parking area. Our hotel is just a mere 10-minutes’ drive from the Golden Triangle heart of the city and for easy access to public transportation, the Miharja LRT station is linked directly into Viva Home Shopping Mall via a covered pedestrian bridge.

Thank you again for staying with us and your kind feedback. We look forward to hearing from you again soon and we hope the mentioned shortfalls would not deter you from visiting us again.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

We arrived at vivatel hotel at midday. Be aware that not many taxi drivers know where the hotel is as it's new. When we went to check in the system went down and we had to wait about 20 minutes to check in. When we got checked in we paid for our room straight away and the amount for the room wasn't the same as what was shown on our email. Thy never told is we had to pay quite a lot for a service charge and they took 100 R for a key deposit which they didn't inform us about. They never helped us with our bags to the room, when we had 2 large backpacks, handbag, a small backpack and carrier bags?! Even though we paid a service charge? And we never got shown our room. The room it's self was very nice and clean, no the biggest but it did for us. The breakfast was okay, it was a buffet but there was limited choices if you didn't like eating noodles, rice and curry for breakfast. More western food should of been available. For me the hotel is too far away from the centre. With he service charge and the prices for taxis it's cheaper to stay in a hotel in the centre.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank kieran_elise
Vivatel_KL, Manager at Vivatel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Guest

We thank you for taking the time out to write a review on your recent stay with us at Vivatel Kuala Lumpur .

The rates display on the website is exclusive of service charge. This is applied in the hospitality industry and normal rate is 10%. This charge accumulates to the establishment imposing the charges and is pooled into a fund to be paid to the workers in the industry. As for the refundable deposit, it is to secure any incidental charges to your room and providing you with the signing facilities at the hotel outlet. We are very sorry that our Front Office staff has overlooked in explaining the details.

Nevertheless, our sincere apology on our shortcoming which might have inconveniences caused to you. Your feedback has been invaluable. Our F&B team would expand the buffet lines with more western varieties in near future and improve on bellman’s alertness.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back for a more memorable stay in the near future.

Your Sincerely

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I'm a traveller that always stayed in hotels. Around the world I've been traveling and saw many kinds of people and characters especially in Hospitality. Friends of mine spoke to me when they come back home. I'm an observation person so I'm not buying their comments easily. I arrived to Vivatel a few days ago as I want to verified the comments by my friends is true or other side stories. I expected a warm welcome and a SMILE once I stepped in this hotel.......BUT NO! It did not happen! The staffs not smiling at all! So pity to them do not know HOW TO SMILE?? I was greeted with a FAKE SMILE not SINCERE from the heart....means their service is not comes from their HEART. A LADY was there...maybe she's the Duty Manager also not SMILING!!! My goodness! A Manager also not smiling?! And their voice a bit hash and loud when they talk through the talkie. This is not good impression as I'm a guest standing in front & can listen she scolding people in the talkie! I just stayed a couple of nights. I'm happy when comes in to the room as I get the high floor facing the city. The room was clean & tidy. Chambermaids smile to me even they are from Bangladeshi. In my thoughts,even Bangladeshi can smile sincerely than the Front Desk staffs.I suggest the Management need to train their Front Desk how to meet & greet the guest & the important is Smile and give Service From Your Heart to the guest sincerely.

Room Tip: High floor nice view especially at night. The rooms that facing the city was superb during night wit...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank Aida A
Vivatel_KL, Manager at Vivatel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Nel333,

We would like to thank you for your constructive feedback during your stay with us recently and please accept our sincerest of apologies with regards to your bad experience with our Front Office staffs.

This issue will be dealt with accordingly and more training will be carried out to ensure that our Front Office staffs are friendlier and more hospitable.
We look forward to having the opportunity to turn around the impression on your next visit hopefully sometime soon.

Your Sincerely

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Being a new hotel in KL, amnities are in top notch. clean surrounding and very airy. Prefect place to enjoy KL nightlive since there are clubs around the vicinity area. Located at the main road means getting a cab to travel around is at ease. There is a shopping complex downstair which can occupy your stay there. Great for couple for steaming night together with modern decoration. Minimal privacy in bathroom may cause sexy night together. for family with children. For muslim, there are no qiblat direction sign. pity.

Room Tip: Book thru agent website rather book direct. Better deal
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank RamunNik
Vivatel_KL, Manager at Vivatel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying in Vivatel Kuala Lumpur and taking the time to write a review.
We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us and have shared your feedback with my team. Your positive review will definitely motivate us to strive harder to continue to improve ourselves.
We hope to welcome you back again to Vivatel during your future visits.

Best regards

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

It is the nice hotel. The receiption counter are too simple but the receiptionist not that friendly.

The room is nice and clean . The best thing about the room is the bathroom , it have sliding door and can be opened but to bad there no tab.

The breakfast is nice and it opened 6.30am. The hotel have shopping complex but too quite and not that crowdy probably because it weekday.The LRT Station is 10mins walk from the hotel.

The room rate is not that cheap , probably I will not bring my family to stay there. Unless I am on business trip.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Nizam7801
Vivatel_KL, Manager at Vivatel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Warm Greetings from Vivatel Kuala Lumpur !

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay experience with us and we sincerely apologize on your unpleasant experience during your check in.

Nevertheless, your comments regarding to the reception staffs are duly noted. Kindly rest assured that further training in regards to service and guest relations will be carried out again with all our staffs to avoid such incident(s) in the future.

Once again, we apologies for the unpleasant experience that befell you when you were here, and we hope you will consider staying at Vivatel Kuala Lumpur during your next visit.

Warm regards,