“Can't see how it's getting such positive reviews” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral

Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral
Ranked #14 of 341 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Singapore, Singapore
“Can't see how it's getting such positive reviews”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

I'm staying here as we speak and the hotel stay is a complete disappointment. I paid for urban loft but I have an empty bar. Nobody greeted me when I checked in and the process took far too long. I've got a bad view (Hilton view) that shows me nothing but kl sentral's horrible concrete structure. There is no room service to speak of and they won't pick my phone anyway.

To top it all, I paid as much as for a room in Hilton or Le Meridian which are clearly a class above.

This hotel doesn't compare to other 5 stars and is a disappointment.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank daikimatsu
AloftKL, General Manager at Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Hi daikimatsu,

Thanks for your review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral.

Aloft is different by design and we certainly understand that our modern bright & bold style is not for everyone. I am sorry that we missed the mark.

The hotel talent work hard to delight & deliver and its looks like we missed the mark. I will share your feedback with the team so that we can do better.

In the meantime, if I may be of further service to you please give me a-buzz at aloft.kualalumpur@alofthotels.com

Paolo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (531)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

This is a great hotel. If the Aloft is your price range you should stop looking and book it now. It's modern, the staff are beyond excellent and the location is good. If you're flying into KLIA, simply catch the express train from KLIA to KL Sentral. The Aloft hotel is across the road from the train station, it could not be any easier.

This is a large hotel with a boutique feel.

The rooms are modern and new.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AloftKL, General Manager at Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Hi Greg S,

Thanks for your “Excellent Hotel, Book it NOW!!” review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral.

Aloft is different by design and I am happy to read that you like our modern jet set style.

Good to read that you like the location of the hotel in the heart of KL's transport hub.

Give us a-buzz on your next KL stay-cation so that we can continue to a-muse you.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We stay at aloft kl sentral for 1 night on 5th july 2014. The hotel was greatly located at the kl sentral that connects to almot any part of kl via public transport. It was juat a few steps away to lrt counter. For the convenience, definitely 5 star. After a hassle free parking moment, we walking straight to the reception lobby. I was a little bit shock when it comes to lobby decoration, is it a 4 star hotel or 2 @ 3 instead?. Seriously I think reception counter could be more luxury feels on that. The rest of the lobby was great, seating and computers setting at the front of elevator looks great as well.

Check in was pretty fast and to make it short, we are at our room. Loft room king bed. The room was great at 11th floor with king bed, study table, a sofa and everything that a 4 star hotel needs plus the headboard decoration was pretty creative with durian info on our room! Bed as usual was great when it comes to starwood hotels. The bathroom was small but that doesn't makes me uncomfortable for all the stay. View from our room was quite limited because the adjacent building blocks the panorama and all I can see is nearby ascot hotel. Our sleep that nite was amazing.

The pool is stunning with endless pool viewing hilton and le meridian. The pool was great but a little bit small. It might get crowded during prime time with few bench available...

We dont take breakfast because of ramadhan time. So I cant write about food at all. Parking rate as always rm5, but this time they gave it for 24hrs not per entry.

After all, a loft kl sentral was good. And the vision of w hotel just lomgggg way to go...in the end, it was a great hotel if u dont really like to drive in kl.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Hi Pakoo D,

Thanks for your “Good and modern” review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral.

Aloft is different by design and its great to read that overall you like our jet set style.

I have read your comments about our Re:mix lobby and understand that this modern industrial loft like feel is not for everyone.

Glad to read that you had an easy breezy stay.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I was staying in the hotel room for 2 nights on 22nd & 23rd Jun 2014. It was my 2nd time stay in the hotel. The hotel are very new, clean, great design & feel great at every corner. Especially likes the interior design of the room, restaurant, swimming pool & cafe area at lobby.

However i had an unforgetable experience during my stay which is first time in my life. On first night of my stay & in the middle of mid night, i was being wake up by the very irritating sound. With no idea what is happening, i went the lobby seek help (i cannot make any call from my room to seek help during that time where i felt so helpless in the mid night). It was great that the manager, Darren came immediately within 5 mins to check on what is happening. Initially i was not aware that it was alarm triggered until i was told by Darren & subsequently the alarm was triggered at the whole floor. Every customers on the same floor was rushing out from the room & wondering what is happening. Very shortly, Darren has settled the issue by turn off the alarm & ensure everyone of us nothing was happened & we can go back to the room.

On the next morning, when i came across the lobby and just out of queries i went to ask the receptionist on what is happeing last night. Why the alarm triggered? I was shocked & surprised that the receptionist told me the record in their computer show that i am the culprit that smoking in the room & i am the root cause of the alarm triggered. I still remember clearly she quoted & asked "You smoke in the room, right?" I was very angry & cannot believe on what i heard as i am not a smoker & i did nothing in my room except sleeping. I also feel ashame because that means other customers may also being told that i was the root cause and i was the person that affect the whole floor alarm triggered & affect others sleeping time. Is this the same information being told to other customers which i became a very irresponsible person that caused all these to happen? I requested the staff to give me an explaination on the claim they made & recorded in system. Immediately, Darren came & told me that he need to seek my permission to enter my room & do some investigation on the alarm. After he went to my room & done the checking, he acknowledged that no clue of smoking, burning and nothing wrong with me. And subsequently he suspected that maybe the alarm was in error. I understood that this is his duty to check & understand the root cause, however i was upset that the staff made such a record in system & suspecting their clients. Anyway, with Darren's prompt response & immediate action on problem solving & with his very sincere apology. I would say "Well Done" to him on his great job & the hotel should be great to have a great staff like him. However, the receptionist should be gone through further training & the management should look into this matter & write to me for an official apology on that matter. I hope that such incident will not again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hi Marcus,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us from your recent stay. Glad that overall you had a great stay and that you like the modern style of the hotel.

The hotel talent work hard to delight & deliver and its looks like we missed the mark. At aloft we take the safety of our guests seriously and will share your feedback with the talent coaches so that we can do better.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Kota Bharu, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
AloftKL, General Manager at Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Hi pakooaswary,

Thanks for your "Good" review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral.

Great to read that you overall you like the bright & bold style of the hotel. Aloft is different by design and we certainly understand that our jet set style is not for everyone. Aloft infuses some of the DNA of W hotels and was created by the same design team but is a distinct brand from W Hotels.

Glad to see that that experienced an easy-breezy check in.

toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

I am currently in room 2007 and will be checking out this morning. The staff holding the fort at the front are very friendly, professional and makes my stay at the Aloft Sentral a pleasant and welcome one. Breakfast is good with a large variety of food and I love the fresh orange juice even though I have to do the juicing myself.

However I am disappointed with the staff at the pool area. No one greeted me or even bothered to ask me if I wanted a drink. They were 3 staff standing at the door (entrance) to the pool and not one of them bothered to open the door for me or acknowledge me. It was a double standard however when a different nationality approached the pool, they were greeted, door was open for them - maybe because I am a Chinese, the staff ignored me.

Thank goodness for the friendliness and warmth of the front staff, I will be checking in again on July 7th. Please inform your staff that regardless of nationalities or how a person dressed, all guests are important and to treat them equal after all they are the one paying their paycheck

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Cleanliness
2 Thank Christine Yf S
AloftKL, General Manager at Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Hi christine496,

Thanks for your review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral.

The hotel talent work hard to delight & deliver and I was happy to read that overall we have been able to do so.

I have read your comments about our Splash pool team and will share this with the talent coaches so that we can do better. I am sorry we missed the mark.

leeds
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel twice now. Amazing hotel, amazing rooms and really helpful staff. The pool is fantastic and it's even better once it's dark. The second time we stayed we asked for an early check in, we went straight from the airport and arrived around 10am and they still were happy to check us in so early, they also offered a late check out too. Best hotel in KL.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
1 Thank LeedsHollie
Hi LeedsHollie,

Thanks for your “Amazing” review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral.

Aloft is different by design and I was happy to read that the hotel talent have been consistently able to delight & deliver.

Give us a-buzz on your next visit so that we can continue to a-muse you.