“Interesting hotel for a reasonable price but...”

Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral
Ranked #17 of 350 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 12 July 2014

has an uninviting lounge. The hotel is decked out in interesting pastels and looks young. I attended a meeting here and found the meeting room overly cold and the sound system poor. Rooms are small and food is average. The lounge is bright but crowded with children and tourists on budget tours. Not especially conducive for a quiet drink or a place to have a chat. The bar staff is unhelpful and do not seem to know what to serve. Location is good, though, and the hotel could be recommended for value and a convenient place to sleep at night. But not one for an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
AloftKL, General Manager at Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Hi CoconutHustle,

Thanks for your review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral.

Aloft is different by design and I am glad that overall we have been able to delight & deliver.

I have read your comments for improvement and will share this review with the team so that we can do better. Sorry we missed the mark.

Give us a-buzz if you are back in the KL sentral area so that we can continue to a-muse you.

Paolo

Write a ReviewReviews (3,402)

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

I've travel to Kuala Lumpur like often and stayed many hotels under different hotel groups and being a hotelier for nearly 5years, i love to experience hotel services.

I remembered clearly it was few months after the opening that i made a visit to stay at aloft KL. It was booked by my mum for a 3 days 2 nights stay at aloft KL. We booked for 2 connecting rooms. The layout and facilities in the hotel was magnificent.

We were welcome with a pleasent smile by the doorman and was serve by nadiah who was one of the receptionist. Unfortunately, only 1 room was available at that time and was promised that the other room to be ready within an hour.

When in room, we waited. After an hour passed, no one got back to us on the other room's status. My mum being to work in SHATEC(a hotel school in singapore) expect a good reason for it. On the phone, the operator checked on the status and it would be ready in awhiles time. When question on room to be ready in an hours time, operator couldnt answer.

Needed to speak to the manager on duty. His name was fairuz. After much investigation, it was expedite on such. It was then done within the next 15min.

I then personally went down to speak to fairuz on what happen. Explained that in the near future, staff shouldnt promise a guest and dont deliver. We were then given complimentary breakfast for the 2 rooms as a form of service recovery. We were pleased with it and fairuz personally apologies to us on what happen and that it wont happen again. More over he personally apologies to my parents too.

He then ensured that the remaining days we stayed with them to be well and not a single defect was to happen.

I would like to thank fairuz and nadiah for the wonderful service given to us. And i have planned to return somewhere next month (tba) with my colleagues as we know despite being a new hotel, and hope that e service has risen up. Looking forward yet again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Hi Stoint D,

Thanks for your review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral.

Aloft is different by design and I am was happy to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us last December 2013.

As a new hotel your feedback has helped us get better. Give us a-buzz on your next KL stay-cation with your mum so that we can continue to a-muse you.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

great location - right opposite to the KLIA Express station. hotel is very new, clean, with hip design. room is spacious even we just stayed there at the basic room. the rooftop pool is AWESOME! at a clear day you can have far vision of KL, including Telecom Tower and Twin Towers. Pool is large enough for a proper swim!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Albert W,

Thanks for your “a new hip hotel at centre of KL” review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral.

Aloft is different by design and I am happy that you like our jet set style.

Great to read that you loved our Splash rooftop pool with its panoramic views of the KL skyline.

Give us a-buzz on your next KL stay-cation so that we can continue to a-muse you.

Live.Life.Aoft,

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Aloft Hotel is extremely easy to locate, situated just outside of the train station.
The design and amenities of the hotel are excellent, boasting bold designs and greta entertainment choices. We have a great time exploring the facilities offered by the hotel. Our room provided a splendid view of the city, keeping us spellbound as we admired the night view from the comfortable couch by the window.
The breakfast spread is great and the staffs are friendly. Definitely a hotel I will stay again if I dropped by Kuala Lumpur.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
AloftKL, General Manager at Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Hi ElatiorG,

Thanks for your “Excellent hotel with city view” review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral.

Aloft is different by design and its great that you like our modern jet set style.

Glad to read that you like the location of the hotel in the heart of KL's transport hub and that you like our breakfast chefs@play station at Nook.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stayed this hotel for 5 nights at the end of June and I really enjoyed my stay! Very clean and modern place, the staffs are friendly in general and the location is just unbeatable. Must try the breakfast buffet at NOOK as there is a widespread of variety of food and is tasty. I particularly like their fresh fruits as it includes quite a number of tropical fruits which only available in South-East Asia. One more thing, the waitresses at NOOK are quite pretty too! (The guys are also smart but I paid more attention to the ladies XD).

The free Fuji apples also make this hotel so special!

After all, this hotel gives me a very good impression to KL as well as Malaysia!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Hi Edmund K,

Thanks for your “Good Hotel!” review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral.

Aloft is different by design and its great to read that you like our location in the heart of KL's transport hub.

Happy to see that the hotel talent were able to delight & deliver.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We were looking for a hotel which was next to KL SENTRAL as we were returning from IPOH by Train to KL SENTRAL and we wanted to catch Malaysian Airlines Flight from KL international we had choice of 3 hotels near KL SENTRAL but we selected Starwood Group ALOFT Hotel. We directly checked in the hotel from Station and checked in the Reception Staff was courteous and checked in was completed within 5 Minutes, however luggage was delivered to us after 20 minutes. On entering Room we were delighted to see the Room, Comfortable bed, LCD TV with many Channels and good lighting ,modern interiors and clean bathroom full of toiletries. Next Morning, we had wonderful Buffet Breakfast with wide choice of juice,yogurts,breads,croissant,eggs and hot and cold drinks. It was one of the best breakfast we had.

The Lobby of the hotel is very modern and decorated, and Business centre in lobby has good facilities,desktops, printers and comfortable chairs which are very comfortable. decoration and Art work hotel is commendable .They also have refreshing drink in the lobby. Check out was little bit slow in comparison to check in. As we had Airport Express
After 45 minutes, we could catch the train and we had checked in our luggage at Malaysian Airlines counter and we had already taken our Boarding Cards.During our stay, we could move in KL by train and Monorail to BUKHIT BINTANG,MOSQUE,PETRONAS,SHOPPING MALLS very fast and without being tired, Considering the excellent service and nice Rooms, Food and location, I strongly recommend ALOFT hotel. However, families with small kids will not enjoy to move in train or Monorail as they have to walk a lot to reach K L SENTRAL and board the train in crowd and get tired. I look forward to a opportunity of staying in ALOFT Hotel again to enjoy their wonderful Hospitality and Hotel

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Hi farooq47,

Thanks for your “MODERN HOTEL EXCELLENT SERVICE NICE ROOMS GOOD K L SENTRAL LOCATION” review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral.

Aloft is different by design and its great to read that you like our modern jet set style.

Even better to read that the hotel talent were able to delight & deliver.

Give us a-buzz on your next Kl stay-cation so that we can continue to a-muse you.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I'm staying here as we speak and the hotel stay is a complete disappointment. I paid for urban loft but I have an empty bar. Nobody greeted me when I checked in and the process took far too long. I've got a bad view (Hilton view) that shows me nothing but kl sentral's horrible concrete structure. There is no room service to speak of and they won't pick my phone anyway.

To top it all, I paid as much as for a room in Hilton or Le Meridian which are clearly a class above.

This hotel doesn't compare to other 5 stars and is a disappointment.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank daikimatsu

Hi daikimatsu,

Thanks for your review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral.

Aloft is different by design and we certainly understand that our modern bright & bold style is not for everyone. I am sorry that we missed the mark.

The hotel talent work hard to delight & deliver and its looks like we missed the mark. I will share your feedback with the team so that we can do better.

In the meantime, if I may be of further service to you please give me a-buzz at aloft.kualalumpur@alofthotels.com