“Kuala Lumpur in December”
Review of Grid 9 Hotel

Grid 9 Hotel
Ranked #69 of 345 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Abuja, Nigeria
“Kuala Lumpur in December”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I visited Kuala Lumpur during this December, and I saw the great recommendation about Grid 9 on trip advisor before
The hotel location is perfect, all the activities inside Kuala Lumpur is around you, walking you can go to many of these areas, and by monorail you can do the same if you don't want to walk
very easy to find the hotel the first time, and alway easy to go back there by monorail
I visited a list of best attractions in Kuala Lumpur and all by using only monorail
The hotel itself is good, the housekeeping is good, all towels, bed cover and bathrooms are clean
The rooms are small in general, but I was looking for a place to spend the night hours, having some rest, and good comfortable bed, and Grid 9 is the right place.
The room charge is nothing compare to the worm staff, and clean rooms.
The hotel staff are great, always helpful, don't worry to know any details about transportation and attractions, just ask them, and they will be happy to help
The restaurant is perfect, I had the best sweet and sour chicken there
only two negative points I found, the room has no cupboard or cabinet to put your clothes, and the water heater was not satisfied enough.
Overall, I enjoyed all my nights there, and I recommend the hotel for all the people who is planning to spend all their days going around in KL.

Room Tip: the best is 1st and 2nd floor, back side the 3rd floor is noisy when it is raining, and the front s...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
gridnine o, General Manager at Grid 9 Hotel, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear Nouran Y,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Tripadvisor. We are most grateful for your positive feedback and this will certainly spur us further to strive towards achieving service excellence. We look forward to welcoming you again at Grid 9 hotel.

Owen Lim

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Tokyo
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

-Grid 9 is located opposite to the monorail station. You can see "Grid 9" upon exiting the station. It's just a 90 second walk.
-I stayed in a 6 bed female dorm with attached bathroom. The room was huge with lots of storage space, a comfy bed and comforter and a window provided natural light. The noise from the street didn't bother me. I didn't have a problem with the room being to cold from air conditioning either.
-I had pancakes for breakfast two times; just 6RMY = US$3 = NOT expensive!
I would hands down stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank NicoleAlexis28
Dear Nicoleapps35,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we are most pleased that you have enjoyed your stay at Grid 9 Hotel! Taking your positive comment on board, we will continuously seek for improvement on our current experience. Have a pleasant stay ahead!

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Very new hostel, next to maharajalela monorail, abit troublesome to take an LRT from Puduraya coach station then change monorail from hang tuah. Actually it is walkable from puduraya, go thru Chinatown n walk to maharajalela monorail if you know the way, abt 15mins walk.not advisable for ladies to walk from hostel to Chinatown in the night as the street is very dark. Overall the hostel is worth staying as everything is very trendy n new. I love it !

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank LGTONG
Dear LGTong,

Thank you for sharing your experiences at Tripadvisor. We are glad to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Yes, you are right! It’s possible to walk from Chinatown to our hotel. Alternatively, if you have a lot of luggage and don’t feel like walking, you may flag a cab to our hotel. It only takes about 5-10 minutes from Chinatown, depending on the traffic condition.

We look forward to welcoming you again for another memorable hotel experience with us soon!

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Highly recommended for solo or couple travelers who would like to spend 1~2 nights in KL. A nice boutique hotel indeed!
-Easy to access, walking distance less than 1 minute (if you are fast) from Monorail to Hotel.
-Affordable local delights breakfast and lunch in the hotel.
-Leisure corner if you wish to online, just next to the reception front desk.
-Modern room and interior (just love it :])

Things to improve:
-Should provide fresh towel on daily basis if guests stay more than 1 night.
-Well, no drinking water is provided, The nearest 7-11 is about 5~7 minutes walking distance.
Two bottles of drinking water should provide to each room maybe?

Overall the place is fantastic and value for money, and of cause would stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Alexchiew
Dear AlexChiew,

Thank you for choosing the Grid 9 Hotel as your preferred accommodation during your recent visit to Kuala Lumpur. We are delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay with us. Pertaining to the drinking water, it is available at our Gastropub but it’s chargeable at a relatively low price. As for the towel, we will only change it every alternate day unless otherwise it’s dirty or special request.

We appreciate your comments and look forward to welcome you back to Grid 9 Hotel. Have a good day!

Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

This was a great choice for a few days in KL. Located next to the monorail made it easy to get around and also easy walking distance to Chinatown.
The rooms were very clean with good bathroom, wifi and tv.
The staff were very helpful and easy going

The cafe serves fairly basic food but it's relatively cheap and convenient

The only downside we found was the room can feel quite damp. With no windows and high humidity there is not much air. But for a couple of nights it's a good option at a good price.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cliff M
Dear Cliff M,

Thank you for sharing your experiences at Tripadvisor. We are glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. You are right! Our hotel is strategically located near Chinatown and Bukit Bintang. Maharajalela monorail is just a stone’s throw away. With regards to the room, we will usually place an ionizer in the room during the room cleaning process. In addition, there’s also a ventilation fan in the room for a better air quality. Nevertheless, your comment will be highlighted to our room designer for their action.

Thank you and have a pleasant stay ahead!

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 7 December 2013

This is the 2nd best hostel I ever stayed in all my travels. A$15 a night is very good for an excellent place like this. The view from outside looked like it was a club or something. So I stepped in with my heavy luggage and climbed the stairs. I didn't know there was a lift. The guy at the reception was kind to help me with my luggage. The service was excellent. The place looked modern and trendy. I love the bed. I had a super pod bed and it was huge. Very clean room. Lots of space and storage in the room. Very clean toilet and shower. Free wifi. The things this hostel don't have is laundry and water station.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Be789
gridnine o, General Manager at Grid 9 Hotel, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear Be789,

Thank you for taking the time to review. The team at Grid 9 hotel is very happy to see your positive comments as we working very hard to make it happen. Once again, thanks for your great support. We hope to see you again at the near future.

The Management
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I chose this place based on Trip Advisor reviews and it's location. I was not disappointed. It's right next to a monorail station, close to Jalan Petaling, THE KL street market, and central KL - what more can you ask. I went for one of the larger rooms but it was still only about A$40 per night. My room was very clean, rather sparsely (but adequately) furnished. The room overlooked the busy road but I did not find it noisy. The ground floor restaurant was fine - good value - I recommend the American breakfast for $6 as I re call.

I found the staff helpful and always there when needed. Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Dear Beaumaris 32,

Your comment is indeed very important to us. We, the team at Grid 9 hotel, would like to thank you for the positive comment and support. We hope to have a pleasure to serve you again.

The Management