“Good value for city escape”

Times Service Suites
Ranked #172 of 342 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
“Good value for city escape”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

We booked a room through booking.com (standart suite) at a very last minute (the night before check in). Have read reviews saying that there is no reception counter, so we call up the agent 1 hour before we arrive to make sure that the agent wont be late to check us in. Amazingly the agent responded right away and he waited for our arrival at the lobby. Upon checking in, we requested for a room with klcc view, the agent upgraded us right away to a premium suite with no extra charge! The room is clean, it has a bedroom, ensuite bathroom compelte with shower and bathtub, towels and toilettries, a pantry with microwave oven and kettle, the living room is furnished with wooden floor, leather sofa, flat screen tv and amazing view of klcc. Free wifi is available but the connection was very slow. The best part is its location at the heart of kl. The lobby connected to timesqyare shopping centre, and the monorail station is just the opposite side of the road. Privacy is not an issue, as security card is needed to enter the lobby and to take the lift. Pavilion, lot 10, sg wang plaza is within walking distance. All in all, this aprtmt is worth the money i paid and i would definitely come again for my next trip to kl

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank kay_azni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Indonesian first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Large complex many companies operating from here with similar names and after reading some reviews they are not staying with Times Service Suites. We are back again after experiencing a great holiday last year and are returning yet again in February for our third visit.
I can say honestly that I vote with my feet and having stayed in many hotels in Malaysia over the last 15 years, hand on heart this is the best. The Suite has everything a traveller needs, the hardwood and tiled floors are immaculatley clean, the king bed exceptionally comfortable, the room has free wifi, a microwave, cable tv, iron and ironing board, dvd player, stereo, big screen tv, comfy leather couches and amazing views of twin towers and the shower is one with power!
It is very aparent that due to the name of the complex "Times Square" how easy a mistake can be made and in this instance it can be a scale of a 2star experience to the 5 star it should be and that can just be getting confused whilst booking. This company has the signature suite, the premier suite, the 2br family suite and standard suites along with the penthouse. After reading some of the other reviews and description of rooms they are not staying in the apartments owned by Times Service Suites. These rooms are stunning so becareful when booking.
In the lower ground floor of the complex a food court called the "Taste of Asia". It is fantastic, simply go to the payment booth at the front and put money on a card. (Looks like an ATM card) there is just hubby and I so we put 50 Malaysian Ringgit on and it lasted us for 2 days (2 main meals and 2 drinks each night) Every Asian type of food avail. Go to a stall and select your main via a picture menu with prices and a menu no the stall holder will swipe your card and give you a print out of your balance. We ate in a few different stalls over the last few days and found that stall 3 (number in top left hand corner of overhead signage) this stall was always busy and the food delicious for $2.50 for a main meal it was the best value. If you wanted a larger size ( hubby loves his seafood fried rice) just ask them for larger size. It cost us an extra 2 Ringitt.
I hope these tips help. We travel a lot and finding a great place to stay and somewhere great to eat is two of the major stresses of a holiday so, becareful in booking and make sure you are booking Times Service Suites and enjoy the luxury of their rooms with fantastic views and all the comforts of home.

Room Tip: Signature suite if just 2 of you, plenty of room. The 2br family suite has 2 bathrooms, huge living...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank aussie_willows
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We had a wedding to attend to in Kuala Lumpur and my cousin booked 6 units for relatives who were out of town. We stayed there for 7 nights. The service suite is not affiliated with Berijaya Times Square Hotel. Don't bother asking any of the Berjaya Times Square Hotel staff, they will not help you.There is no check in counter, no concierge. When we arrived at 3:30 am one of our relative who had checked in a couple of days earlier was able to connect us to the person in charge so we could check in. Another relative who arrived later had problem checking in. There's no telephone in the unit so there's no way you could contact another room or maintenance, yet there's a note in your room asking you to telephone 3 of their staff member if you do have problem or email them. I was lucky enough to bring my laptop along since my toilet was plugged and I sent an email. Also they do not leave you enough toilet paper. Usually other places where I've stayed, there would be a spare roll of toilet paper. I did run out of toilet paper and had to use tissue paper. I was lucky enough on a few occasions if I saw the maid coming to clean the room to ask them to leave a spare roll of toilet paper. The unit also had a awful smell. When I complained about the odor, the staff told me it was air freshener. The units were in need of repair. The bathroom wash basin would not drain unless you complete remove the valve. The bath linen were sparse and thin. We received 2 small thin bath towels and 1 facecloth. We even received a dirty bath towel with stain all over. The safe is not really secure. When we arrived, the door to the safe was locked. I reported this to the staff and he came with a key to open the door to the safe. The only positive comment is the location. It's situated downtown to all the malls and close to the monorail. My cousin who lives in Kuala Lumpur who had booked the suites said in the future when she has out of town guests, she would not book Times Service Suites again

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Bailey55

Travellers are raving about these Kuala Lumpur hotels

Aizawl, India
Reviewed 12 January 2014

It is one of the best suite in Kuala Lumpur, located at the heart of the city, a lot of shopping you could do during the stay, easy to get transportation, Taxi, LRTm MonoRail, and Buses. Opposite to the suite go to Lowyat Plaza, and eat the Big Apple Donuts, it is the best i've taste in my life

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Subgaoire
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Note: Service Suite at Times Square is not under management of Berjaya Times Square. Personally I have booked my stay with Berjaya Times Square directly before and the stay was fabulous. Just want to share my experience when I book with Service Suite at Times Square.

Booked "Service Suite at Times Square" via Agoda for my KL trip in August. We arrive at the lobby at 8pm that evening, understand that there was no reception at the lobby, we called up the person in charged to pick us up. The person in charge kept us waiting at the lobby for 45 minutes despite of 3 calls. When she reached, we were then informed that the rooms that we booked were out of order due to some piping issue, and she had to transfer us to another hotel. At that point of time, she had not been able to find any available hotel for us.
At 10.00pm, finally she got a hotel for us and we requested her to send us to the hotel personally via Taxi. When we got to the hotel, we got to know that her management screwed up the dates of booking and we have to wait for another hour or so for her to settle the things.
All our plans for the first day evening were all gone due to all these mishaps.

On the second day, we were then transferred back to Berjaya Times Square Hotel. The room was dirty with cockroaches around the kitchen area, no telephone in the room. If we need any additional toiletries, we will have to contact the person in charge again and she can take about 3 hours just to deliver a set of additional toiletries. There was no house keeping as well until we checked out the room on the last day.

Room Tip: For those visitors whom plan to stay at Berjaya Times Square, please book directly with Berjaya Time...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
8 Thank siriuslight11
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 4 February 2013

There are many individually owned apartments in these two amazing towers but the times serviced suites@times square deliver exactly what they promise. We have been to K.L at least 10 times and decided we would try something new, we are so glad we did. The decor in their Signature Suite is white leather and black accessories. It was comfortable, trendy and exceptionallh homely.
The representatives met us in the lobby and showed us to our apartment (39floor apt12) Mohommad gave his personal mobile number if we required or needed any assistance. Being disabled, I have a three hour limit for being out and then I come back to the room to rest. The Cleaning team leader Agnes, ensured I had everything and also offered me good advice about safety on the subway etc. To watch this team of 5 ladies come through and meticulously clean this apartment with care as if it was their own whilst respecting the fact that it is your home for 8 days.
Located next to Imbi train station and being on top of a 10 storey shopping complex, for our needs it ticked all of the boxes. The pool area is extensive coupled with spectacular views of Petronas Twin Towers and K.L tower just being in the pool is an Ahhh moment.
There are plenty of eating areas within the shopping centre and the stores are fixed price which takes the guess work out of haggling. The prices are bargains anyway.
The shopping centre also houses the largest indoor theme park. It is a bit pricey but still good value.
The size of the suite was perfect for two people and having the dvd player meant that any dvds we purchased on the 6th floor we could test. If you fancy catching a movie there is a multiplex within the centre.
If you fancy a trip to Sengi Wang or BB plaza, it is a 40cent train ride (1stop) to Bukit Bintang.
Catching a taxi back to the airport can be organised through the regulated stand on the outside of the hotel near Krispy Kreme. You need to organise a day before if like us require a mini van due to too much luggage. The cabs are in excellent order (not all Malay cabs are) and the cost was 120ringitt.
Times serviced suites will now be our yearly holiday home. I felt like I was at home. Well done to the staff and management!

Room Tip: There were two of us and it was our 22nd wedding anniversary. The signature suite on the 39th floor...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple