“Terrible rules about not bringing your own good food”
Review of Desa Water Park

Desa Water Park
Ranked #187 of 288 things to do in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Took my overseas visitors there and we were forced to leave our food and drinks behind. The queues to go in was long but the facilities provided is below theme park standards. City council has to check on safety standards provided by company running this park. I will never take nor recommend this theme park to anyone.

3  Thank 638JAV
There are newer reviews for Desa Water Park

Reviewed 1 April 2014

This is undoubtedly the worst amusement park of any sort that I have ever been to. I went with my wife, daughter and two friends. There is absolutely no reason to go here. You pay 40RM for a ticket...but this pays for nothing. For 40 RM you have two choices...go into the swimming pool, or walk around the "lazy river." They have two water slides, but if you wanna ride these you have to pay another 20RM. For that 20RM you will get a underinflated tube that actually makes the slide more dangerous. My friend was thrown from it and received a mild concussion. You may not bring in and food or drink...not even water. That is right, they took away my 6 year old daughter's little water bottle. It gets worse when you see the food they have available inside. Disgusting 5 day old hot dogs on sticks, luke warm, prepacked fried rice or noodles, pre wrapped ramly burgers...and all for triple the price you pay for the same thing made properly anywhere else. Disgusting. The whole park is in disrepair. Paint peeling off, bathrooms dirty and unmaintained, "lifeguards" lounging under trees sipping their drinks, the kids pool abandoned with no lifeguards at all. You are better off just hanging out at any swimming pool then coming here. There were no positives whatsoever. I repeat...no reason at all to go here. Oh, and btw...if you do not listen to the reviews and still go, you will be disappointed and they have an absolute no refund under any conditions policy. The GM called me after reading my complaint....agreed with everything I said, yet offered us nothing. I did not ask for any compensation, but you would think that would be common sense?

24  Thank AaronH1982
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

We arrived at the water park at 12 mid day. The website said it opened at this time but it didn't - it opened at 10.30, so we lost 1.5 hours. We then went to the ticket booth. We had exactly 40 RM each and wanted to pay via card. No card machine - no ATM?! So the woman behind the counter said "go to main road, flag taxi, go to atm". They wouldn't order a taxi for us so we literally stood on a 3 lane road trying to flag a taxi. No luck! We walked for about 30 minutes and waited further. Still no luck, so we decided to just go into the park and go to an ATM on the way home. We got in and the park was very disappointing. They make you pay for rubber rings and ALL slides require a rubber ring?!!! They want 20RM for a single (5deposit) and 25RM for a double. We didn't have any money and there was no ATM inside so we were literally sat in the pool for the whole day. We paid 40RM per person for a pool! They open the main attraction "thunderbolt" (soooo slow and rubbish) for 30 minutes a day only!! Ridiculous. We left really early as it was a waste of time. We asked if they would call us a taxi home - "no". They were soooo rude. We even spoke to the manager and he said "there is no point phoning a taxi as it won't come". Great customer service!!! NOT!! Definitely do not go here!

13  Thank Rebecca J
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Once u get in, all things is money money money... the food is poor and changing room so dirty.. what makes me so angry is the 'TOKEN' for locker cost me 5myr per use, small mineral water will cost u 3myr, thats y u'r not allowed to bring water in, becoz they want u to buy from them A LOT70..... Need more attention from the management about customer feeling!!! We want to enjoy but when all the things(EVERYTHING actually) cost us money then how we could be enjoyed!!!!!! I give 1 star becoz the wave pool makes my son and wife happy, other than that IS NOT NECESSARY

6  Thank Adam A
Reviewed 22 December 2013

We went there for a family day out. The place is so small and they admitted many more than the place could handle. There were no tubes available for hire. We spent an hour in the ticket queue in the sun to get in and was waiting for another 45 mins in the queue for obtaining a tube (again the the hot sun). Gave up eventually and without using the facilities at all, we decided to leave. Asked for a refund from the park manager who was very rude to us. They don't understand customer care, no consideration at all.

Also, the places is so small, it gets crowded. The park manager told that they had admitted 1600 for the day and many of these people were angry lining up in the queues. Would NEVER RECOMMEND this place to anyone. As foreigners we went there to enjoy a family day and ended up being treated very badly. What a disappointment.

We had been to the Melaka Waterpark which is much better. We will take the ride and go there next time. Will never visit this low quality, non-customer oriented with rude staff. I will be filing a case with the Malaysian consumer affairs for misrepresentation of the service offered.

9  Thank craft_lyrical