“Far but worth it”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sekeping Tenggiri

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kuala Lumpur
Sekeping Tenggiri
Ranked #36 of 322 Kuala Lumpur B&B and Inns
Calgary, Canada
“Far but worth it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Loved our "glass room" as it had a rustic charm with beautiful windows overlooking a pool and garden. Very surrene. Clean room and loved the semi outdoor shower bathroom.
The man who let us in left us with our key when we arrived and we didn't speak with him until we left.

The only down side we had is that we are backpackers and the walk to the closest transit station was 15-20 minutes. We took a cab back one night and the cab driver didn't know how to get there. Another 20 min walk away however was a great neighbourhood filled with restaurants. If you are okay with the walk then it is no problem!

Otherwise, I would definitely recommend as it is an oasis in the heart of KL.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank stonegoose

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

I booked this pool view room from Airbnb and stayed on Friday for my boyfriend's birthday.

The design of the hotel was great with good air-ventilation but it has also brought in another problem where we can actually hear EVERYTHING. There was a pre-wedding shooting going on that day and yes, we can hear EVERY instructions given by the photographer as if he's standing right there in the room.
I was a heavy sleepy but my boyfriend on the other hand woke up by the party animals from the private courtyard room, 2 gals bringing back another 4 people, a total of 3 gals and 3 guys getting drunk by the pool and even vomited near the stairs, and it went on to 4-5am. We couldn't imagine how noisy it would be if we were to go on a full-house weekend.

We even had problems with the room:
1) The hanging mosquito net was filthy it has that dusty smell so at the end we didn't use it at all.
2) We couldn't shower in the open-air bathroom next morning because it was raining.
3) Instead of replacing the bedsheet with a new one, there were patches of white cloth stitched to cover up whatever it is underneath.
4) 2 of us sleeping on a double bed but providing blanket of a single bed size?!

It was a horrible experience. Sorry to say this but we're definitely not going back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
16 Thank CherylChan
Kuala Lumpur
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

This is not really to be considered as hotel to begin with. Its has few rooms for rental. It has an old architecture design, everything is made to look like it has some old rustic feel.

No doubt it is a quiet place to stay, nearby there's only residents houses. If you are looking for a 5 star hotel service, then this is not the place for you. Glass room is the best room with a private veranda where you could enjoy the night sky with your partner and they provide an single mattress incase you want to sleep and watch skylight at night.

for those who do not own transport, it might take an approx 10 mins walk to the nearest restaurant nearby and these restaurant will not let you down!

it's best to visit this place on weekdays as you can almost have the place all by yourself. On weekend it has more guess.

Room Tip: Glass room it is!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ywey
Kuala Lumpur
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

I think staying here for one night, during a 3-day weekend break was the best decision I have made this year. I really needed a quiet, instant getaway nearby to me, as I had made no plans to go away but was feeling extremely suffocated in my apartment in the city what with the crowds, the traffic jams and the endless chatter of people.

So I made a last minute booking for the Glass Room and drove over to Bangsar and was blown away the minute I stepped in! The house was quiet, peaceful and gorgeous! It seemed to be enveloped in a bubble and I did not feel like I was in KL at all. The Glass Room is on the second floor with my very own private terrace that I can walk out on and sit on to watch the sky. I kept the terrace doors open even at night and a gentle breeze kept blowing in and soothed me to sleep on and off through out the day.

The room was beautiful and large, and the bathroom was of an open-air concept and extremely unique, large and comfy.

The place has 2 friendly doggies that are kept on a separate terrace from the guests. But you can see them from the Ground Floor if you look up but there is no way you will have to pass them or go near them at all. So muslims do not have to worry.

The only thing I do not like is when I am sleeping at night and the dogs are howling away. It kept me awake.

For food, I drove out to a nearby shophouse to buy food. Some visitors ordered McD delivery. I do wish they would offer some kind of food for purchase, something light.

All in all it was completely worth it. Get the Glass Room, it will be a great investment for your mini "getaway".

Room Tip: The Glass Room
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Diana A
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

We loved this place!
If you're after a hotel with attentive staff and breakfast and loads of activities at your doorstep then this is not for you. If you after a beautiful house in a quiet suburb which is not too far from the city but requires a bit more effort to get to then you'll love this place.
The rooms are comfortable, there is aircon, wifi, hot showers (just make sure you turn on the hot water) and best of all there is a beautiful pool which is great after exploring hot and humid KL. It's a beautifully designed building in a quiet location.
Just down the street there are the local shops where you can get breakfast, lunch and dinner and there's a laundry there too.
The happening part of Bangsar is only a 25 minute walk away (up hill) and so is the train. Or it's a short ride in a taxi.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank R B
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

It is not a hotel but it provides stay and retreat experience in another way, unique, that you may either like it, or not so. The place is located out of no where in a residential area in Bangsar, once you step in you are surprised with this place, the place is surround with greenery and plant that made to decorate the house in a pretty way. Basically there is no hair dryer, mini bar or safe and etc in room, however you could request hairdryer from the care taker, and there is a common area, the dining room with the kitchen, fork, spoon, plate, bowl, sugar are provided, toaster, fridge and microwave are available for your usage, it provides some fun for own food making. We bring our own mushroom soup, milo, coffee and beverages, croissant, tuna, lettuce and some bakery for afternoon tea and breakfast, we had fun of making all these on our own. As it is actually just located within bangsar, so you can dine out as well for your choice. A friendly reminder for you to bring some snack and drinks or beer however, so it would be less dull when you dip in the pool, or read a book, or simply relax on the bench of your room, or fill your stomach before you found a place for dine. There are 2 friendly dogs living there, namely Pulau and Ketam, they always located on the roof that you can reach them with a vertical stairway. As I remember there are total 7 rooms in Sekeping Tenggiri, each has its own unique point and advantages, we selected Right Garden room with a double bed, and with the nearest access to the pool, can be said as a pool access room, front of our room, which is belong to our area has a bench and fan on top for us to lay on and read. The room is spacious compare to the pool view room, however pool view room has a huge and prettier shower room compare to our Right Garden room, and yes, all the bathroom are with bit of outdoor concept that you feel so near to the nature when you having a shower, the pool is in a good enough size for us to have some fun with, dragonfly and butterfly will swim with you that you either like them or hate them, DVD player is provided so you can bring your own movies to enjoy with at night. Overall, we love our retreat stay in Sekeping Tenggiri, recommend for 2 days 1 night getaway for friends gathering, or a couple retreat. The only thing that I feel disturbing is the bridal shoot, cause us to stay in our room to wait for the whole shooting session over, only we able to come out and enjoy our bench, pool and common area.

Room Tip: We selected Right Garden room with a double bed, and with the nearest access to the pool, can be sai...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GetawayL0ver
Ipswich, Queensland, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

I went to this um house? To view the premises with the view to perhaps running women's' retreat there. However from go to woe it was woeful. I must say that I found the international bank transfer initial payment a problem and that was fine they just said to pay cash on arrival so that was good. But from then on, not so good starting with not being able to access the premises on arrival. When I arrived I couldn’t find out how to actually enter the site. The taxi driver had to ring someone luckily I had written down the number, not someone located at the house but somewhere else (we'd already rung her twice on the way there trying to find out how to get there) Eventually we found a bell hanging in the shrubbery by a door (its the one on the right not the left).

After entering it quickly became apparent the caretaker did not speak a word of English making it very difficult to arrange anything. He was very nice and smiley but that's not all that helpful and as he appears to live under the stairs which is a bit cramped so he's kinda just hanging around all the time.

Plus whilst I was there they had a photo shoot and people were yelling (in Chinese ) for hours on end, they even came into my room in the afternoon whilst I was in bed and took photos of brides in the courtyard to my room whilst I was lying in bed and no-one said anything too me (only a glass wall between us) it was really the most bizarre experience!!

Also if you are a girly girl you may not like the outdoorish bathroom and if you need your hairdryer, no power point in this bathroom. I had the courtyard room. My bathroom was also the grounds for a fierce turf war between a rat and a squirrel, not fun when you are sitting on the loo at night.

On the upside great Nonya restaurant and bakery close by.

My suggestion, focus less on being arty and more on hospitality.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo