“Service with a smile”

Portuguezze Kitchen
Price range: US$2 - US$5
Cuisines: Malaysian, Portuguese
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Portuguezze Kitchen is a cozy little diner located within the Food Emporium(a food court) in Sungei Wang Plaza. We serve authentic home-cooked style Malacca-Portuguese dishes such as our signature Claypot Devil Curry, Portuguese Grilled Fish and more!
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We arrived just before closing (it actually looked closed) but they couldn't of been more happy to serve us. A very small stall within a mall but the food was of excellent quality. I had their signature dish the Devil pot curry hot and it certainly was. Well worth a visit for the very tasty food at very cheap prices.

1  Thank Kickingkyle

Reviewed 20 July 2014

A small restaurant in a food court - but don't be deceived! This was the nicest food I had in the whole of Malaysia! The manager was an amazing person, who was so kind and catered for us completely. I was so impressed with this place. The food is so flavoursome and freshly cooked. All in all, one of the best dining experiences I had on my travels. Great prices for a lot of food!

2  Thank Footech231
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I read many good reviews and even though most are (over)exited I was a little sceptic at first. I mean its location is errr odd. Having a restaurant in a shopping mall more or less resembles a McDonalds-level. However, I know that in South-East Asia even fast food is taken more serious than in Europe. So we decided to give it a shot. In particular as we love both Portuguese and Malay food.

We weren't disappointed at all. The food is spicy, made with love and served with a smile. Simplicity always does the trick. Don't expect haute cuisine but fair food and cheap pricing. All of the curries were fantastic, hot and tasty.

(PS they only serve non-alcoholic drinks)

2  Thank Tim A
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I have been visiting this place as they offer affordable price and nice food quality. Furthermore, their customer service are sometimes even better than high-end restaurants.

1  Thank xiaolam
PortuguezzeKit_admin, Owner at Portuguezze Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Hello there and from all of us here at Portuguezze Kitchen, thank you so much for your recurring visits and also for taking the time to write us such a kind review! We are really happy that you are satisfied with the food and service and will continue to try our best to ensure that each of your upcoming visits are equally as satisfying or even better than before. Once again, thank you and we are glad to have served you.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

After reading good reviews, I insisted my family to have dinner here. The good parts are friendly gestures and price. We were excited and tried 4 different curries. But unfortunately, it didn't taste something that I can talk of. 2 chicken curries were okay kind. And 2 fish curries were smelly (of fish) that we could not eat.
I'll not recommend unless you are shopping in the same market and need to grab something and give a try.

Hello there and thank you for dropping by with your family to try our cuisine. While we are glad that you were satisfied with our pricing and service, we apologize that the taste was below expectation. Thank you again for your visit.