“Heaven and hell”

Happy Holiday Hotel
Ranked #170 of 342 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
“Heaven and hell”
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Two stays and two totally different experiences!
First time arriving very early in the morning with the night bus and compared a few rooms in the area - finally the Happy Holiday had absolutely the best price/quality relation of them.
I checked in very early with no extra charge from the friendly reception staff.
Nice and clean room, I was happy to have no windows as the area is very loud and busy. All in all a pleasant experience.

So after 3 month I came back, arriving with the same bus, same time and I remembered this nice place. BUT I WAS VERY DISSAPOINTED THIS TIME.
This time the room was with windows to the busy street, still a nice clean room but the linnen looked like they have been used already. WiFi was not working most of the time.
The greatest dissapointment was how the staff, namely the manager Sharol was treating the guests. Not so friendly this time. (I ear-witnessed that with other guests at the reception and telephone)
In my case, arriving about same time as last time, I had a shower and a short rest of about an hour and then went out for business. Coming back to the hotel after lunch, I get a call from the reception that they charge me another roomnight and I have 10 minutes to come down and pay.
What? Excuse me, but it would be nice at least to get an information about these early check-in charge.. And a whole roomnight price for a few hours earlier - RIDICULOUS
Since hotel policies regarding early check-in (generally before 2:00 p.m.) vary by location and by hotel, I was asking for their hotelpolicy document, which Mr. Sharol refused to show to me. He stated it is standard and I could google it. He should do so and see that there is no standard - at least not the standard to charge a whole day.
Such massive incompetence and guest-UNorientation left me no choice to check out immediately after a few hours with a damage of one roomnight for an nearly unused room.

After my first visit I would give 4 points but after the second hardly 1 - which rounds up to 2 points and a warning to be cautious - you never know who is your host and what confused "policy" they follow that day.

Room Tip: Check cleanliness, wifi and noise before you decide on a room.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Frank B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 25 March 2013 via mobile

good location. Just less than a minute walk to masjid jamek lrt. Easy to get taxis. Taxi fare to bt bintang abt rm6 only.
Next to the hotel theres 7 11, cafes, burger king and mac donald opposite the hotel. Hotel only provide free soap, mineral water n coffee. The shampoo in the dispenser is dirty. another hotel of the same price nearby provides full toiletries, coffee and tea and mineral water. At least provide an empty jug in the room as its easier for guest to refill water instead of walking in n out of room just to get water. On our first night.. we caught 2 cockroaches in the room and there were so much ants on the table just for a cup of coffee.
We called the housekeeper the next morning to spray our room with insecticide. But it doesnt help. Ants still comes by ones u put a cup of drinks on the table.
The hotel is alongside a busy road. Even till late night and early morning. If you are a light sleeper avoid this hotel.
Room ok..bed ok.