“Great Spa at GH KL”
Review of Essa Spa

Essa Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Essa Spa is a 14,558 square feet tranquil retreat. The spa features 11 treatment rooms that consist of nine single suites & two couple suites. Essa Spa’s healing treatments are based on the three pillars of Essential Calm to de-stress & achieve tranquil serenity, Energetic Awakening to uplift & activate energy levels and Inner Radiance to purify & rediscover inner radiance & beauty.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Great Spa at GH KL”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

A friend of mine recently tried the spa at the Grand Hyatt and was quite impressed with the treatment (I think she had the oxygen facial). So I thought of trying it out myself.

Having tried a few spas at 5 star hotels around Asia, Essa Spa did not disappoint. It is quite a modern looking spa with lots of spacious well appointed rooms (which would be excellent for couples or for large group bookings). The staff at the spa reception desk was also quite warm and friendly.
They offered me to use the sauna/ pool facility, post treatment, but I did not have enough time.

A special mention to the therapist who was very knowledgable and had excellent massage technique (I had the Essa dream state massage for 90 mins). Nothing was too much trouble for her and she made sure all my requests were catered to. I wasn’t hurried at the end of the massage to leave the room. She left me to relax post massage whilst she waited outside the room to escort me back to the desk.

All in all, an excellent experience and would recommend to anyone looking for an urban spa in KL.

Visited April 2014

Singapore, Singapore
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 261 helpful votes
“Masseuse has very good skills, overall spa experience is lacking.”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The Essa spa is very good. The experience is nowhere compared to the banyan tree (its the details that matters). However the skills of the masseuse were outstanding. We had a great back massage, pressure was good and they were very effective. So if you are looking strictly for skills of the masseuse, pls go for the back massage. However the overall spa experience was a little rough around the edges, more could be improved (nothing like the banyan tree). For the price we paid approximately 1000 ringit for both of us for a 30 min body scrub and a 1 hour massage.

Visited April 2014