“Good service”
Review of Ttanz Hotel

Ttanz Hotel
Ranked #180 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

My mother booked this hotel for us because it was one of the better ones close to Institut Jantung Negara (dad was admitted there). I didn't have high expectations at all,
breakfast was mediocre at best (very few choices but management said it was because of Ramadan). Hotel occupancy was low, it was basically us and about 4 more travellers at breakfast. I came back home and read the reviews for this hotel and was quite surprised. I didn't meet the so called rude hotel owner, but otherwise the local staff were quite friendly. They would greet and open doors, press lift buttons, and would hail taxis for me. I also had a clean room as the cleaners came each day and gave the place a good clean. On one of the days, I left electronics and cash in the room (not on purpose) and came back to the room thinking it would be gone, but it was still in the room, untouched. We stayed there for over a week, mum requested for a different breakfast (I did mention it was mediocre at best), and the hotel manager actually came and said he would cook some fish congee for us and also had his staff cook some local noodles for us. There's some good places around for food (staff actually recommended them) - there's a bakuteh restaurant around the corner opposite the hotel with really good food. Rooms wise, it was comfortable - although we had one without a window (I didn't know that there was a choice that we can have one with windows), hence it was very hard to tell day and night and the coloured lighting in the corridors looked like we were in a bar. Overall if you are on a lower budget, this hotel is OK, and I would say the service that I had was actually above the service expected of a hotel in it's class.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Natalie L
There are newer reviews for Ttanz Hotel

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Even that this hotel is not perfect, I rate it 5 of 5 stars because you get so much value for the price. It is very cheap!
Staff: Very good.
Resturant: Good

The hotel is located at a main street. No other hotels around. Its really close to local stores and markets. Close to the Monorail, and also in walking distance for the other trains.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Magnus F
Andy C, General Manager at Ttanz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Your feedback will be very encouraging to those staffs that served you while you stay with us. We hope you could recommend all your friends to stay with us when they plan to have a business or holiday trip to Kuala Lumpur.

We do always listened to our guests' feedback whether is positive or negative. By this, we will introduced improvements that will have a positive impact on hospitality.. This is to make sure we are providing relevant and quality services for you.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Hello there,

First of all, why to select a hotel in this area (Chowkit)?
Because I wanted to visit my friend who lives in Chowkit.

Why to choose this hotel?
I only read about the hotel on the net.

What about the stay at hotel?
- Amazing staff, kind and polite and friendly.
- sort of small but nice hotel, and also very quiet.
- absolutely clean room, that was the most important thing to me.
Just make sure you would like the room to include windows or not.
Hot water in bathroom, good Air conditioner, nice and very clean bed and carpet.
- good breakfast, not one of luxury but good enough to enjoy your meal.

I hope you are satisfied with your stay at Ttanz.

Room Tip: You can ask for a room for which you have a very nice view of twin tower. The hotel is near to mono...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Andy C, General Manager at Ttanz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback.

We do always listened to our guests' feedback whether is positive or negative. By this, we will introduced improvements that will have a positive impact on patient and family care. This is to make sure we are providing relevant and quality services for you.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

My first time here in Kuala Lumpur. This hotel give me a very good memory about kuala lumpur. Im very happy with the service and our stay. The staff very helpful and friendly. The hotel location very attractive. More convenience for me to have a choices for the food. i will come again and recommended to all my friends

Room Tip: staying in Executive room, bigger and very comfortable
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Andy C, Manager at Ttanz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Reviewed 4 February 2014

I feel very comfortable and satisfy to stay here, the staff very friendly and helpful. room very nice and comfortable. The location near to shopping area and also easy to find food place.I will promote this hotel to all my friends and families.

Room Tip: Room are very specious and clean
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Elshohdy_M72
Andy C, Manager at Ttanz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback.

We do always listened to our guests' feedback whether is positive or negative. By this, we will introduced improvements that will have a positive impact on guest and family care. This is to make sure we are providing relevant and quality services for you.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

IMPOLITE, RUDE SERVICE. From staff to higher level management and also owner.
NOBODY CAN UNDERSTAND YOU BECAUSE ALL STAFF ARE NOT EDUCATED NOR ORIENTED.
The Staff looked at customer as we are beggar. they'll question your ability to pay their service rather than welcoming you.
My family and i of 4 on the way to the restaurant when they stopped us and ask 1 person to stepped out because the package were for 3 only. when we insisted, they also insisted as if we were unable to pay extra. i thought only lower level staff are like that but even the management and the owner are worst everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..............................

Room Tip: * "Do not rent, you'll be treated like beggar."
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank azminavy
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

My cousin got married in December and had booked her reception with the hotel which also included special rates for people who were attending the wedding. We stayed here for 6 nights and it was dreadful.

Where do I start?? A complete disaster!

TRANSFERS
As we were staying more than 3 days, free shuttle pick up from the airport was included as part of the wedding package (including early AM pickup). When we arrived, the driver told us that we had to pay for the airport pickup as it was "out of the standard pick up hours"

Mind you, my cousin had called them the day before to confirm the pick up and to clarify that there would be no surcharge. My poor cousin had to sort this out when we checked in. One of the many things poor cousin and her husband had to deal with!

On the plus side, at least they came to pick us up. One of the other bridesmaids, had to call them to pick her up, as they had forgotten to come, again with cousin confirming the pick up the day before!!!

ACCOMMODATION
We checked in and was about to go sleep. Good thing we checked the bed. Basically, the bed was made up but obviously the sheets weren't changed. I'm talking about tissues and dubious stains on the sheets. GROSS!!!
Housekeeping never came to make up the rooms/beds. We had to call reception and ask.

RECEPTION
Do not ever, ever have your wedding reception dinner here. The food was mediocre and the service dreadful. I don't expect much service in general at Asian weddings in comparison to a western style reception but this was bad for an asian wedding. Mostly it's just the bridal table that gets served and normally first! The bridal table wasn't served first and was overlooked. After a complaint was made, then a server came out to serve the bridal table.

SUMMARY
It's in pretty dodgy part of town where I wouldn't walk out at night. This is a refurbished hotel which must have been a love hotel in it's past, complete with see through bathroom and gaudy decor.

Zero star rating (interesting that trip advisor doesn't allow for zero rating) and do not ever stay here!

Stayed: December 2013