Open today: 09:30 - 16:15

Book in advance
from
£14.58
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience National Planetarium
from £14.58
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 August 2017

I had never visited any Planetarium in Asia before. Last planetarium I had visited was Adler Planetarium in Chicago Illinois. If I compare both of them - I feel National Planetarium to be dull.

I visited it after National Museum in last July 2016. Place was deserted. There were very few folks inside. I had previously ignored this place in 2009 trip. Ticket was modern less than MYR 15.

There are around 100 - 200 different displays. There is a lack of interest in visiting this place. I was one of few "tourists" in there. It started raining later in the evening - might be some folks taking refuge from elements inside.

This place is better suited for young kids. I think as an adult I find it boring. There is an observation deck that allows you to take photos 360 degrees. However access to this "tower" is hidden. I just happen to walk by a sign indicating its place.

I took around 1 hour to complete my visit and I was not impressed. Much more to do.

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Entrance is free if you are not going to watch a movie. Worth a visit for kids and adult, near to other museum or parks (police musuem, Islamic arts musuem, bird park) and not far from National mosque or china town : about 30 minutes walking.

Date of experience: December 2016
1  Thank Elyes-Benachour
Reviewed 17 July 2017

This place seems abandoned, Hardly anyone there to my surprise. There are very few things to capture your interest. And to come so far it is really a waste of time.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed 30 June 2017

Go for the shows in the theatre, or if you have kids and need some entertaining and education for them, with observation deck

Date of experience: June 2017
1  Thank iamhappysheep
Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

I went here because my friend really wanted to go. The surrounding area is quite nice and there are several other interesting things to see as well as lovely gardens. I appreciated the fact that entry was free. The place is quite small. I was not allowed to bring my drink bottle inside which i think is ridiculous. I was so thirty throughout the visit that i couldn't wait to get out. There is no where to get drinks once inside. There is a lot of info and displays but im not the least bit interested in space which is why i didnt really enjoy my time here. We saw everything in about 25 mins and left. Underwhelming. Air con inside is wonderful

Date of experience: May 2017