We booked an apartment with 3 bedrooms for our party of six. We found it to be generally spacious, clean and comfortable. We were given a choice of either an apartment on one of the top most floors or one on the 9th floor. We chose the one on the 9th floor as we were informed it had been newly renovated and that it came with free wifi while the upper floors still used cable. Needless to say we chose the one on the 9th floor and it did appear to have new furniture and fittings. We did hear some knocking going on in the day time which we assumed was the renovation works going on.
All rooms had fairly large en suite bathrooms stocked with the amenities one might expect, had their own air conditioning controls and were equipped with a television. Many of those in my party found the pillows to be a bit too flat for comfort. Only the master bedroom was provided with bathrobes and slippers.
The kitchen was also spacious and very well equipped. One could easily cook meals in there although we didn't. We were also given 6 complimentary bottles of water daily.
We also had free wifi in our apartment. There is a self-service laundrette on the 22nd floor.
Breakfast is served at the Sky Lounge on the 22nd floor. You get a great view of the city from the smoking section of the Sky Lounge. Breakfast spread was adequate.
During check-in, we had an issue with the breakfast as they did not seem to have records that our reservations included complimentary breakfast. We produced the reservation confirmation printout for them to check and were promptly informed that we were indeed entitled to complimentary breakfasts. Upon being brought to the apartment, we were given a safety briefing which, although slightly lengthy, is something to be lauded.
Unfortunately, we encountered an issue with the breakfast again during check-out and this was the only blip on our otherwise lovely stay at the Ascott. Our bill indicated two charges for breakfast and upon checking, we found that one of the charges was not even ours. Someone else had signed for it but stated our apartment number. The other charge was ours but was supposed to be complimentary. The check-out staff was very efficient though and upon checking the reservation print out, cancelled the breakfast charges immediately. While I can understand a mistake occurring on matters such as this, I certainly didn't expect to have to deal with it at check-out after having sorted it out when we first arrived.
All the service staff at the Ascott were very friendly and were able to give directions to all the places we wanted to go to.
The location is one of the best points of this accommodation. Suria KLCC is just opposite the road from the Ascott. A couple of minutes walk to the right of the entrance will take you to the air conditioned skywalk which goes all the way to Pavilion.
There are no food stalls very nearby although one can find food in abundance in Suria KLCC. We also had dinner at their Sky Lounge on the 22nd floor (where breakfast is also served in the mornings) which was pretty good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Right in the heart of town and a stroll away from the world famous Petronas Twin Towers, Ascott Kuala Lumpur enjoys a prestigious address. The Suria KLCC Shopping Mall, ritzy restaurants and chic cafes are right at your doorstep. Let us lavish you with impeccable service and a suite of the finest facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotelopia, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Hotels.com and TravelUp so you can book your Ascott Kuala Lumpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ascott Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Ascott Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur Ascott Hotel