“Near to KLCC & huge apartments”

Ascott Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #13 of 341 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Toronto, Canada
“Near to KLCC & huge apartments”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Booked the 3 bedrooms apartment for 3 days stay & I am impressed with the cleanliness. Ascott even provided Nepresso machine in their apartments. The rooms were big and the beds were very comfortable.

Ascott is a walking distance to KLCC and eateries, a big pull factor to me.

Stayed December 2013
Munwar_Basha, Manager at Ascott Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear Noazlynn

Thank you for your very kind comments. We are happy to hear that you are happy with the cleanliness and also enjoyed our Nespresso machine in the apartment. We look forward to hosting you again at Ascott Kuala Lumpur soon.

Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Spent 10 days in Ascott and was great value. All the staff were so friendly and helpful with any requests. We rented a 1 bedroom room for 10 days and was clean, modern and great furnishings. Within walking distance of KLCC, LRT and the walkway which is so much more easier than taking taxis around KL.

A nice touch was that it was my birthday during the trip and the hotel surprised me with a lovely b'day cake and a card signed by all their staff.

Will come back again and stay at the Ascott.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Martin H

Thank you for your kind comments. My colleagues and I are pleased to hear that you had a memorable birthday during your stay. We look forward to hosting you again at Ascott Kuala Lumpur soon.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The location was convenient and the room was spacious. Was disappointed the children's playground was locked when I brought my 5yo son who was excited to go to the playground in the morning around 9am. Otherwise we were there for one night only and couldn't comment much on anything else.

After breakfast and shopping at KLCC, we went back to the hotel to rest before check out to go to the airport. However all lifts were grounded because they were conducting a fire drill!! At 1130am!! I mean, fire drills are important for fire safety, but to conduct it near check out time?? We couldn't use the lifts for an hour. In the end, we climbed 18 floors of staircase with my 5yo boy as we really had to go back to the room to prepare for check out...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank hweeli2008
Dear hweeli2008

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that your stay with us for not as comfortable as you had expected. Please allow me to clarify on the issues you had raised. The playground next to our residence belongs to the neighboring condominium. They have agreed to allow our guests to use it too and it should not have been locked. If it is, our Guest Services Officers could assist to contact the condominium's management to have it opened. With regard to the fire drill, as we are a public establishment, we are obliged under the law to conduct a fire evacuation drill every quarter. We have tested doing the drill at various time of the day but have concluded that 11 am to 12 noon is the most ideal time which will cause the least disruption for our guests. It is our standard practice to alert all our guests about this drill in advance and also to personally call all our guests who are planning to check out to do so before 11 am instead of the usual 12 noon check out time. I am sorry if this message was not conveyed to you during your stay. In any case, my colleagues and I look forward to welcoming you and your family again soon at Ascott Kuala Lumpur and we will make sure that you have a better stay.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Whilst in the process of moving houses, we chose The Ascott KL seeing as it's probably KL's best option for a family of four to stay in temporarily. Being within close proximity to Suria KLCC (Petronas Twin Towers) and with the opening of the KLCC - Bukit Bintang Walkway (entrance via Jalan Pinang towards Impiana Hotel), nothing was out of reach in terms of shopping, dining and entertainment.

For those who are staying long term like I was, you'll be entitled to reserved parking at the hotel's above ground car park (choose any space and the spot will be spray painted with your car plate) so that's another big plus to guest relations for helping long term residents settle down quicker.

On the other hand, doing laundry may be a hassle for bigger families as the laundrette is located on the 22nd floor. Bringing two rattan baskets up a relatively mid sized elevator isn't really practical but eventually you'll get used to it. Moreover, the 22nd floor has uninterrupted views of the Petronas Twin Towers. (for long term residents, you will be granted access to the Skylounge)

Breakfast at Tujo (the restaurant) was basic with an egg service station, typical breakfast meals, Mee Goreng mamak, cereal and all sorts of bread and fruit. Additional Malaysian food is sometimes (e.g Nasi Lemak) but not everyday. However, it's lunch, room service menu and dinner offerings are excellent.

Housekeeping was marvellous, and extremely trustworthy. Never have I ever felt weary of leaving my belongings out in the open. Moreover, the 17th floor housekeeper was extremely hospitable and efficient - I have no complaints whatsoever.

All in all, The Ascott KL is undoubtedly a great place for long term stay residents. I highly recommend it, you won't regret it.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Linggie_L
Dear Lingie_L

Thank you very much for your positive comments about your stay at Ascott Kuala Lumpur. My colleagues and I are pleased that we could be of assistance to you during your transition period in Malaysia. At the same time, I would like to make two clarifications to your comments. Firstly on parking. It is correct that parking for one vehicle is provided free for each apartment. However, reserved parking lot comes with a small fee. Secondly, with regard to the laundry arrangement, while we have several washing machines and dryer at the laundrette, for a fee, we can also install a washer/dryer in the apartment too. I am sorry if this was not highlighted to you during your stay.

Thank you again for your kind comments. My colleagues and I look forward to hosting yo again at Ascott Kuala Lumpur.
New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 24 June 2014

After staying at the Traders and the Intercontinental on previous trips to KL, I can truly say that the Ascott is the best hotel I've had the privileged of staying in in Malaysia.

We stayed in a two bedroom executive suite, and the location, view, and furnishings were impeccable.

The quality of service was also commendable, with the only issue being a long wait time to be answered by guest services when calling to order room service.

All round, great location, great service, great rooms and great stay.

Also the attached bar and restaurant is of a great standard too.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Brad S
Munwar_Basha, Manager at Ascott Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Brad S

Thank you very much for your very kind comments. My colleagues and I appreciate it very much. We have also noted your feedback about the long waiting time when calling the guests services desk. We are now looking into improving our response time. Thank you once again for your nice comments and we look forward to hosting you again at the Ascott Kuala Lumpur.

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

We booked there 3 bedroom apartment. It was clean, tidy, big and very nice. We stayed in the hotel in KL for 5 days, it is near the twin towers just across the road.
After the 5 days we went to Langkawi island, so we put our extra luggage in their storage. The swimming pool located in the 22 floor with laundry, gym and massage.
Massage their is a little bit pricey 185 MR for full body massage 60 mins..
When we came from Langkawi we returned to the hotel gor one day.
Amazing service

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Weam T
Munwar_Basha, Manager at Ascott Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear Weam T

Thank you for your kind comments. My colleagues and I appreciate them very much. We look forward to hosting your family and you again soon as Ascott Kuala Lumpur.

Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My husband, sister and I stayed at The Ascott Kuala Lumpur City Center for 3 weeks. We are over 65 years old but there were many more families with children. It couldn't have been more perfect!! The morning cup of coffee and breakfast were consistently perfect. The 2 bedroom apt was perfect -- spacious, well stocked daily and very clean. It is a beautiful, secure lodging in a perfect location. We met a Swiss couple who have been there for 9 years! We're coming back!! I selected this apartment hotel because of Tripadvisors' reviews. We were perfectly led to a paradise lodging. One word for The Ascott KLCC --PERFECT!!!

Room Tip: We were shown a 2 bedroom 2 1/2 bath with closed kitchen and larger living room. We opted for the 2...