“Little Italy in KL”
Review of Giovino Restaurant - CLOSED

Giovino Restaurant
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Italian Market is the latest trend in Kuala Lumpur for Italian Food, Drinks and Lifestyle. Our extensive menu will allow you to enjoy many different bite-sized Italian dishes and experience the real Taste of Italy. Our Italian Chef, Experienced Bartenders, a well-stocked wine cellar and bar will surely satisfy even the most demanding of the palates! HIGH QUALITY ITALIAN WINES Customers can have a complete wine and dine night in The Italian Market because they can choose from a long list of quality Italian Wines to go with their meal. It's great for a romantic date or a business meeting to impress visiting guests. Their drink menu is also filled with a variety of alcoholic drinks, non-alcoholic beverages, and cocktails which customers can drink at their table or climb to the second floor to their music bar. They provide the perfect setting for a nice night out in a bar in KL with friends.
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Our group visited GioVino largely because of there wine selection on display. Very large food selection and a sensational wine selection - 5 out of 5 for good wholesome food and service.

1  Thank MeachAU
giorgos k, Διευθυντής at Giovino Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Thank you for your review, we hope to see you soon again..

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Jalan Changkat reminded me of Little Italy in New York, but with more international varieties. I am usually put off by enthusiastic ushers who try too hard to get you into the restaurant but in this case I was attracted by the mention of the Italian-Greek food. There are many Italians restaurants but this could be the only Greek Restaurant in Kuala Lumpur.

The cellar was impressive with a decently priced house recommendation. It was the last hour before sunset just after Christmas. Changkat was at its best: cool, not much noise, not crowded, when alfresco was so pleasing.

As it was a family day out we decided to go communal. We started with fresh oysters. In the land of perpetual summer, oysters and good drinks are Godsend. Next was the duck salad and antipasti. My wife thought it was the best duck salad she ever had. I was blown over by the grilled baby squids, just the way Greeks do it.

The children vetoed for us to proceed with the deserts: baklava and tiramisu. The tiramisu was outstanding. The caramalised grapes were out of this world. I topped the evening with a double expresso.

Our hostess for the evening was the manageress herself. It was a wonderful evening with the family: we had good conversations, excellent food and drinks, wonderful host, excellent desserts, good coffee, wonderful street sights and sounds. The only thing missing that evening was my Cohiba. The damage was about USD150 for 6 of us.

1  Thank LordOfKendal
giorgos k, Διευθυντής at Giovino Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Thank you for your review, we hope to see you soon again

Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

They celebrate the New Year in kualalumpur it's so crowded people in jalan changkat and i see the Greek Italian restaurant and i try to set outside with my two friends..the staff is friendly' lovely!!!!!they recomend to me the Greek antipasti very nice and excellent...and they recomend to me the wine Sauvignon ronco delmelle excellent and good recommendation...thanks and happy new year see you again my next visit...

giorgos k, Διευθυντής at Giovino Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Thank you for your review, we hope to see you soon again

Reviewed 30 December 2013

I visited Giovino three or for times and every time I tried something different.

I can recommend the starters (Italian and Greek mix) and the oysters, to be accompanied by a good glass of wine or a fresh beer.

Lastly I tried their pastas and I was not very satisfied, they were cooked almost al dente, but the sauces were not up to the standard I was expecting, more on the international taste perhaps.

Having said that, the place is nice and they have an impressive cellar with a lot of wine bottles, ask to visit it!

I would come back here to have some pre dinner happy hours or late night snacks.

giorgos k, Διευθυντής at Giovino Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Thank you for your review, we hope to see you soon

Reviewed 22 December 2013

Just back from a wonderful meal at giovonos. So much nicer upstairs, white tablecloths, away from street heat, noise and traffic,and wonderful staff, so friendly an patient with our 10 month old granddaughter at the end of the table. Menu: Spaghetti and shrimps, and grilled shrimps were wonderful, as was the creme brulee and ice cream. Had excellent help with choice of wine, spot on! Very sweet staff, would definitely come back! Thank you!

1  Thank Arvid K
giorgos k, Γενικός Διευθυντής at Giovino Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2013

Thank you for your review, we hope to see you soon