We stayed 4 nights here. The hotel is really well located in the middle of the shopping district and right on the monorail line for easy access to other locations.
The hotel is lovely - perhaps not what you would describe as "plush" or overly luxurious, but still quite "up-market", very comfortable, immaculately clean and great facilities.
Our room overlooked the pool area and was of a good size with a nice, marble, glass-screened bathroom area with a separate toilet. The room had a fridge, TV, safe, iron, bath robes, slippers and internet access - all really well maintained.
The pool area was lovely - quite a relaxing haven away from the bustling metropolis outside the hotel doors.
We had a bed and breakfast package. The breakfast buffet was amazing - everything you could possibly imagine for kids, western or asian travellers complete with chef cooking omelettes to order and fresh roti. You could also order cappacinno.
The only thing which was not at the standard of a typical 5 star hotel was the service (as others have mentioned). Whilst the service was by no means bad, it was not at the level you often expect at a 5 star resort (with the exception of the staff in the dining room who were extremely friendly, efficient and helpful). The staff were friendly and helpful but did not "go out of their way" to help. For example, even when asking the desk staff for advice on good local eating places they provided some input but did not offer any additional assista nce (e.g. bookings, directions, maps, etc) unless you specifically asked for it. Similarly, at the pool - one day we were not allowed to get sunbed cushions as there had just been a few spots of rain (barely a light drizzle which had finished). We thought this strange since the cushions would get wet anyway with wet swimmers sitting on them.
Overall though the hotel was great and would definitely stay there again when travelling to KL.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 5-star hotel managed by Pan Pacific Hotels Group, is centrally located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur's prime business, shopping and entertainment districts. It is only 45 minutes from Kuala Lumpur International Airport and mere minutes from the Kuala Lumpur City Centre (KLCC). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Pan Pacific Hotels Group, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your PARKROYAL Kuala Lumpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkroyal Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Parkroyal Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur Parkroyal Hotel