We had an enjoyable stay at the Parkroyal. We travelled with our 9 year old son and stayed in a family suite. This was a great recommendation by our travel agent and was not that much more expensive. The family suite was spacious, like 2 rooms joined together. The room had 2 queen sized beds, a bench in the centre of the room for the TV and mini bar and a sitting area with a couch and chair, a desk and an entry hall.The bathroom was huge featuring a shower separate from the bathtub, toilet and 2 vanity basins.
The staff were very friendly and helpful throughout the hotel. Our room was serviced twice a day. Once in the morning and in the evening/late afternoon we would return and find our bins had been emptied again and towels replenished if required. The chocolates in the evening were a nice touch!
Our son spent afternoons swimming in the pool which was frequented by many guests. The buffet breakfast was quite large, featuring many dishes suited to the Asian traveller which did not suit our tastes but there was also the usual foods for the western traveller - eggs, toast, pastisseries, cereal etc. The egg bar needed to be more efficient as the wait for eggs was quite long. They cooked an omelette in a fry pan and only had a couple of jets to cook on. (Not as efficient or as nice as the eggs cooked in Bangkok. Breakfast was served till 10:30 which was a bonus compared to other hotels.
Taxis from outside the hotel were great - take the blue taxis, they are more spacious for the larger western travellers and they use the meter. The red taxis rip you off, are often really run down cars and much smaller in size.
The location was close to several shopping centres - one across the road and Berjaya Times Square just around the corner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 5-star hotel managed by Pan Pacific Hotels Group, is centrally located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur's prime business, shopping and entertainment districts. It is only 45 minutes from Kuala Lumpur International Airport and mere minutes from the Kuala Lumpur City Centre (KLCC). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Pan Pacific Hotels Group, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your PARKROYAL Kuala Lumpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkroyal Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Parkroyal Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur Parkroyal Hotel