“Good Location”

PARKROYAL Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #36 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Had stayed in a deluxe room for 3 nights over the weekend. Location is the main selling point for this hotel as it is close to several malls nearby. Room was comfortable, clean and adequate, however, sound insulation was questionable as I could hear my neighbour's TV and the occasional running of tap water. Breakfast had good variety and I loved the freshly squeezed orange juice every morning. The waffles and pancakes tasted awful though. It tasted as if the cooking oil that was used had been re-used for a long time or had been overheated. Overall, I still had a pleasant stay and will consider this hotel again in future because of its prime location.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Celestar989
MarkLosi, General Manager at PARKROYAL Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear celestar989,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to note that you have generally enjoyed your stay with us and recognized our great location. I have noted your comments relating to our waffles. I have shared it with our Executive Chef for his review. Thank you for that.

Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We spent 2 nights at the ParkRoyal in April. It is a large 5 star hotel. The location is great, near to the train, malls and restaurants. Walking to the nearby sites saves you a fortune compared to taxis. Our standard room was basic, nothing to rave about. The view was pretty decent.

The best thing about this hotel by far was the buffet breakfast. Never had I seen such variety and such tasty food. I found myself having curry for breakfast.

Please read more about our stay and see some pics here:http://suitcasesandlattes.com/2014/05/13/the-parkroyal-hotel-kuala-lumpur/

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ImaanCapeTown

Dear table-mntn-dweller,

Thank you for your review. I am happy to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us especially our buffet breakfast spread at Chatz restaurant. We hope to welcome you back for another memorable experience soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

It is a great hotel. We love the location and the environment. However, when we reached at about 230pm, our room (deluxe king room) wasn't available to us. We had to wait for almost an hour. The recep had kindly offered us a welcome drink to make our wait less boring. It's the first time I had to wait so long for check in. To us, it's unacceptable considering it is a Monday - a offpeak period.
Other than this, everything else is great so far.

Room Tip: We had a room on Level 17, can see the Menara Tower from this room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank ongailing

Dear Ongailing,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. I am glad to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us. On the same note, I have also noted the delay in getting your room ready upon arrival. Please be rest assured that I have shared this with our operation team for their review. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Spent 2 nights at the Park Royal Hotel before travelling to Langkawi. Very nice hotel and very central to all amenities.
Staff all very friendly and very happy to help. Pool area very clean and pleasant but shaded part of the day.
Rooms had plenty of space and very clean.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Blousy
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I treated myself to a room on the club floor. It was swanky and I enjoyed the comfort and space. Only drawback is that it was on the 3rd floor, so there was a little street noise.

Evening cocktail hour at the club lounge was relaxing. Beverage and food selection were good, but not great. Service was friendly.

I had opted for just the room without including breakfast and that was a decision with which I was well pleased, since there were lots of good eating places across the street in a shopping mall.

Crossing that big street is a challenge. It's always busy and you have to be fearless, alert and fleet of foot.

Service at the hotel was top notch and I was pleased with the public facilities. I didn't try the gym, but the swimming pool was quite nice.

Big bath tub, just right for soaking. Plenty of high end toiletries. Minibar tea and other amenities were good quality. Strong wi-fi because the room had its own router.

The hotel was functional and pretty. I would gladly stay there again.

Room Tip: Next time I'll try an ordinary room on a high floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank ZhongguoKM
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We spent a total of three nights in KL as a stopover on the long journey from Australia to the UK and back again.
Our travel agent booked us into the Parkroyal and it was and excellent choice for us. You are welcomed as you arrive and again as you enter, and helped at every stage for anything you might think of. They brought our check in time forward as we had come off a long haul flight, for which we were deeply grateful and were happy to wait just half an hour in a very comfortable lounge for the deluxe room instead of the 6-8 hours we had expected.
The room was first rate, the hotel is close to big shopping centres and public transport, pool and gym were great.
Wonderful choice of foods from many cultures for breakfast; quite the best I have seen.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lynette L
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Me and 3 friends traveled through Asia and stopped over for 3 nights in KL. We shared a really big apartment room, the place was very nice and clean. I could not ask for any more extra facilities within the room as everything was available. There is also a really nice swimming pool with a nice view on the roof where you can just chill away!

Definitely recommend staying here as its placed right next to the shopping mall and bars.

Thank you Park Royal staff for all your help!

Foyz

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Foyz R
MarkLosi, General Manager at PARKROYAL Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Foyz R,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. I was very happy to read that you and your friends enjoyed our great location. We will do our best to continue to provide excellent customer service in creating a memorable stay and guest experience. We look forward to see you again soon!