“Will be here again!”

The ZON All Suites Residences
Ranked #184 of 347 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 6 February 2014

The check in was about 15 minutes. Right about we arrive to our room, i make an error on the booking, so my wife went back downstairs and immediately they upgrade our room for only RM50 to deluxe single room which is my better. Having a separate bedroom and a living room.

The bathroom is huge separate bathtub and shower. My kids love the bathtub. A huge plus for the bathroom.

Breakfast was excellent. Lots of menu from local and western. The hotel was really generous to let all guest enjoy their breakfast although only 2 guest were allowed per breakfast.

Overall, i enjoy the stay here and looking forward for our 12th wedding anniversary and this time with 2 bedroom deluxe ;)

Room Tip: Pick a deluxe room if you want to face KLCC.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JuneMid

Reviewed 14 January 2014

I was with a bunch of smokers (two elder women and two middle aged women) so we got a smoking suite which was ok, pretty old tho.

Location is good but construction is all around hotel for the moment. Other hotels being built.

Breakfast good if you like asian fair (I had good fresh made omelettes with sambal) fairly lame if you crave western. And they do warm water not hot water so you might need to ask for 'panas'. if your a herbal tea drinker, bring your own tea bag to breakfast.

The pillows were beyond bouncy no matter how many times I asked for a soft one, otherwise they were quick to fix anything and polite (a few bathroom leaks etc, safe not shutting). However DO NOT seek travel advise in KL via this hotel for any reason. The two times I asked for advice I was told to take an expensive cab rather than a good cheap train and the guy in the travel room treats women like dirt. He would hang at the front door doing his scamming thing with the men and reminded me of village mafia. Not nice and totally dismissive and rude to women.

Room Tip: If you want to smoke your going to get the oldest rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Arrow555
Reviewed 27 December 2013

we booked this place on agoda...maybe this place caters to those with more budget concerns than my family...but good news first, the gave us a full refund via agoda, so at least there is some sense of customer service there.

the bad news: the place was run down and dirty.

the reception area was borderline nasty. there was a centimeter of dust on fixtures that were slightly above easy reach and the lamp shades were broken and propped in place. The wall behind the reception desk was extremely scuffed and dirty. The driveway was convoluted and not inviting, nor easy to find (although there was some construction going on). I got my first hint by the difficult to access driveway...next hint was the deplorable condition of the reception area...next hint was the walkway to the elevators...after that, I knew this was going to be a dirty place to stay.

our floor had a disgusting cigarette smell and our room had many mop fibers/strands stuck in splinters on the baseboards and floorboards. The little paper doilie things that the plates were staged on looked like they were 6 months old, the walls had marker drawings, dirt, and smudges all over them. the bathrooms were the breaking point... they looked like the staff had tried to clean them (at least a little) but they were just so old and rusted/molded/rotted that non of my family used them.

we changed to another place about 5 minutes further from KLCC which was just about the same price, but so much better it was laughable.

I actively discourage my friends from going here unless their primary concern is budget...then I encourage them to look elsewhere before they book here.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We stayed in the 2 bedrooms deluxe units last June for several days. Very clean and home feeling. It was really huge and the bedrooms were really nice and cozy. They prepare all the utensils and kitchen tools, so my momma can cook also. The service is really fast and the staff is really friendly.
It is really near to KLCC, you can just walk for 3 minutes and can enjoy the light fountain at the park during night.
If you are muslim and come there during Ramadhan month, they prepared buffet for the sahoor (morning breakfast before fasting).
Really recommended place to stay over if you come to Kuala Lumpur!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 December 2013

It was a convenient location, walking distance to KLCC – food, Kinokournya Book Store, etc all in one, our main objective being there. And we had an offer too, RM600 for 2 nights with a generous buffet breakfast for 2 thrown in. I was surprised since I booked only 2 weeks before, in late November. And we were upgraded to a single bedroom deluxe for no extra charge. An advantage with ICT, let your fingers do the walking. Downside, no internet in the room, I guess you are expected to go sight-seeing a-plenty. The bathroom was huge with a tub and a shower room. My son had fun in the tub with an 18-floor view outside, save us time to take him to the pool – yes there is pool on the 1st floor. There were 2 TVs, each in the living and bedroom.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Thermoprofessor
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We stayed in the hotel for 5 nights, excellent location very clean rooms,super housekeeping,room service,front office.Two minor comments one is that the staff in the Restaurant needs to be friendly & not have the "I don't care attitude", 2ndly the hotel needs to provide in house guest with umbrella's during the rainy season especially the foreigners .Some may walk away with the umbrella hotel can always charge the guest. I will at any time recommend this Hotel and yes we hope to come back in early 2014.

Room Tip: 15th floor
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I had a two night stay at his hotel. According to my discussion with the staff, the hotel is an old apartment building converted into a hotel.

The first room I was allocated had a very stale smoke smell…so much so that I could not tolerate the room. I asked reception if I could change it and they obliged. The next room was quite ok; however it must have been a smoking room as well as there were cigarette burns on the coffee table and TV cabinet, where people had left a cigarette smouldering away. The furnishings were a little tied looking and gave the impression of an old 3 star hotel that needed refurbishing.

The bathroom was excellent…very clean, modern and nicely appointed.

I did have one problem with the manager/reception staff whereby on the first night, they accused me staining their pillow slip. I explained to them that the stain must have been there for quite some time as it had a ‘washed-out’ appearance. After that discussion, I then went back to my room and thoroughly checked out the other pillow cases, sheets and bed spread. I found several marks on all of them (biro and spot stains), even the spare ones up in the cupboard. I took photos of the items and then took all of them down the reception desk to show the state of the items. This was a very disappointing aspect of my stay to be accused of staining their pillow slips.

If you are staying for a few days, it is convenient for families as you can get 2 or 3 bedrooms, kitchen and living room. Like all old apartments it is quite spacious. The hotel is basically clean and comfortable but the hotel is set back about a 5 minute walk from the main street. Other than that, the location is convenient…around 10 minutes walk to KLCC and Ampang Park LRT.

The lifts take quite some time to arrive and they are often full. There is a decent swimming pool where locals bathe in their clothes.

The staff is adequate and the included buffet breakfast is just OK…certainly not good value for money.

Overall, the price is a little high for the value. I most likely would not stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo