“I love this place”

Ranked #93 of 340 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Miri, Malaysia
“I love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

I stayed here twice and i love the how homey the feeling it gave me. i can walk to KLCC and pavillion all from here and the taxi service is nice. I have been upgraded when i did a last minute booking once and the manager gave me two bedroom in apartment which i am really happy. I enjoyed the atmosphere and nice steak house called victoria station next to it. They also offer currency exchanged in the hotel when we were out of malaysian ringgit. the customer service is something i love and also the food breakfast was nice. The bus stop is directly in front of the hotel and i can jump on to the bus and only rm1 per ride which is very convienient for me. I stayed here once for 5 days and another times for 2 nights which i would recommend it if you have a large family and lots of luggage and do not want to drag it around and not far from all tourist attractions in kuala lumpur this place will be ideal for you and your family. They have free ice machine on certain floor and it is not noisy as i am light sleeper. The swimming pool is the only thing that put me off but everything else is acceptable

Room Tip: book early and make sure you try to mention facing twin towers or petronas towers before you check i...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
Penang Island, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

I decided to stay at the hotel mainly because of 2 reasons: near to embassy offices and kids club is available for my kids.

Some of my comments:-

1) service: the staff are friendly, but not very helpful. I checked in on 11:30am and was informed that the room is not ready because the check-in time should be 3pm (or 2pm). That's fine.... The staff agreed to give me a room by 1pm, will inform me by phone once the room is ready. But I never receive that call.

The evening of my check-out date, I found that I have left a pair of shoes inside the shoe rack of my room. I immediately called the hotel to ask if they can find my shoes in the shoe rack. They checked and revert me by call quite soon, maybe 30 mins later, said nothing was left in the room. I was unhappy because I'm sure the shoes are still there. On following days, few telephone conversation took place, they insisted they did not found the shoes, and I must have miplace it some other place. Finally I was very unhappy, told them if they cannot find the shoes, I will reserve my rights to act further. Amazingly, they now replied that they found it!

2) From booking site, I learnt that free shuttle is provided to shopping complex nearby, like KLCC and Sg Wang plaza. When I check for the time table, I was informed that the service is not available on Sunday. Well, then you please mention in your booking site that the shuttle is available , except Sunday.

3) Location- The hotel is located in embassy areas, walking distance to embassy of Russia, Myanmmar, Netherland & etc. US embassy is also nearby, I took a cab to US embassy and it cost me about RM4. A mall shopping mall is nearby (Ampang walk?), you can find some restaurants at walking distance.

4) Location-The landmark, KL twin tower is nearby, about 2km. Not far if you have your own transport or you can take a cab. It's even better if the hotel can provide you the free shuttle service. If you come with young kids, there is a kids pool, a very big playground, a fountain, science centre (with fee) and aquarium (with fee).

5) Room was big and clean. Furniture was a bit old, but I'm ok with it as long as it is clean. Kichen is well equiped. Microwave, fridge, stove, pots, kettle are available for some simple cooking.

6) Big bathroom, with bathtub.

7) Facilities- I saw a gym but I didnt enter. My kids enjoyed the kids club. Swimming pool is available but seems like there is no kids pool.

8) Free parking for guest. The system is a bit inconvenient as hotel guest has to update their parking ticket at the front desk, else might be stucked at the parking exit and block the traffic.

Overall, I'm happy to stay there and hope that the service could be further improved.

Room Tip: Heard that they are currently renovating the property, but I was not aware if any work was carry out...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

This is a dated suite but the room is clean and comfortable. The staff are friendly and very helpful. They staff offered us to hang our blazers at their porter cart and help to carry our luggage. The breakfast is great. Though the suite is basic, but with the price, I think this is really a value suite for those travel with family.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

Here on a 6-day break from Singapore. Booked a 2-bedroom in 2 separate bookings because of non-availability of rates.
First room for 2 nights was bad, facing the T-junction where lots of vehicles are moving and horning.
Requested for a different room for the second separate booking. This was much better, facing the diagonal of the first room. Higher floor also.
Have been here 4 to 5 times that the front desk manager recognises me. Water, coffee, tea supplied daily.
Reno on-going from 11 to 16 floor. Addressing some of the earlier feedback on room amenities and issues.
Good value for money. Will come back again.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from function (think is stack 13).
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Windhoek, Namibia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

Lanson Place provides a spacious place to stay short or long term. The serviced apartments are nice and well maintained. The staff is friendly and helpful. The location is just good, close to transport facilities, and walking distance from the a good mall. There is a good spa facility in the premises.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

I stayed here for a week about First week of May. The room and the furniture are old and the there's no access to the balcony, the sliding doors are locked and the hotel wont give you the keys (weird). The internet was rather slow too.

The location is right near the embassies right on Jalan Ampang which seems to be in a perpetual gridlock whole day. There's Hock Choon nearby a supermarket with quite a wide range of imported goods and the nearest shopping mall (Great Eastern Shopping Mall) is about 10-15 minutes walk on an uneven sidewalk.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

Been here once with my partner; the room was cozy and warm. Amenities and facility provided is more than I can ask for.

However the internet was not that 'pleasant' and it was slow. Travelling to KLCC will be a distance on foot, so having a car will help the most.

There a kitchen to cook too. But we both enjoyed the room service tomato spaghetti the most - it's even better than what I have in Germany.

Loved to be here again one day.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple