I have often stayed at the Hilton, and while i like the decor i have consistently found their customer service below the level of other equal hotels. I stayed at the Hilton in KL Sentral for 5-6 days in January- February this year. The location ( adjacent to a central train station) makes it easy to reach the airport and other parts of Malaysia. However, by foot there is very little to see directly around the hotel. The lobby was dated and less impressive in design. The rooms on the other hand were large, modern and immaculate. Prices for food and drink were very expensive, although the cost of the hotel rooms was much more afforadable than other Hilton hotels. Free Internet was only in the lobby. The swipe cards for both the lifts and rooms consistently didnt work, which was extremely frustrating. The spa rooms and treatments were lovely. The live night entertainment at Zeta Bar (Sonic when i was there) was indeed a highlight for me, although the large proportion of business guests did attract working girls. My main issue was with customer service isolated to the concierge service. The concierge service could only recommend a few tourist tours. They were not aware of the top tours recommended by trip advisor, neither were they keen to find out the information. Their information was not always the most accurate. To top it, on my last day i requested a taxi to take me to the airport. The concierge insisted ( with a smile) that i take the hotel taxi ( twice the cost of the usual taxi) and refused to call a normal taxi because he could not guarantee my safety. This was after i arrived in a normal taxi, had taken a normal taxi to the airport twice previously from the hotel ( arranged through other staff rather than the concierge) and had taken a normal taxi to see other sites in KL. Despite trying to explain this to the man, he still insisted that he could only call a hotel taxi according to policy. So i took my 2 large bags and lugged them to the train station where i caught a normal taxi. What a disappointing way to finish my stay with the Hilton. All in all, this hotel is designed more for the business man/woman, not the tourist. I'ld recommend trying a different hotel if you want to actually just enjoy KL.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience this vibrant city at its best at the Hilton Kuala Lumpur hotel, located just 28 minutes from Kuala Lumpur International Airport and 33 minutes from Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2 by KLIA Ekspres train. Gaze out on Kuala Lumpur's city center while swimming laps of the hotel pool, featuring a tropical sun deck, or indulge in a holistic spa treatment. The hotel boasts 14 lavish meeting rooms including the magnificent Grand Ballroom, mid-size Sentral Ballroom and the sophisticated multi-event leveL7even. Services for meetings, events and outside catering are designed to meet every event need. Executive rooms and suites include access to the Executive Lounge and complimentary WiFi. Experience an array of additional benefits including complimentary breakfast, afternoon tea, all-day refreshments, and evening cocktails. The hotel provides 10 stellar choices for dining and entertainment, from business brunches to pre-dinner drinks and everything in between. Hilton Kuala Lumpur has been awarded Malaysia's Leading Business Hotel 2015 by The World Travel Awards™. The hotel's modern European restaurant, GRAZE won accolade as Malaysia Tatler – Best Restaurant 2015. Hilton Kuala Lumpur also won the TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice® award for 2015 in the Top 25 Luxury Hotels – Malaysia category. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Agoda, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hilton Kuala Lumpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Hilton International Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur Hilton