“One of the best”

Hilton Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #14 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 14 May 2008

I stayed for 6 nights at the Executive Floor. The staff didn't always do things right, but what's more important was that they're trying very hard each time to fix it. Most people are friendly, some I knew was faking it, but again, at least they're trying very hard to deliver, and that's all that matters sometimes.
Rooms are nice, clean and crispy everyday, love the touch of burning essential oil every night.
Great breakfast and dinner on the Executive Lounge. Appreciated that!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank mdns
Write a ReviewReviews (4,314)

Reviewed 8 May 2008

Very attentive staff and pleasant atmosphere in the bar and restaurant area. Fantastic value for money.

• Stayed: January 2007
1  Thank epicentre
Reviewed 15 February 2008

Stayed here three times already so I am pretty much familiar to the place. Room design and condition still impressive and very practical, always have a good night's rest here. Slight problem on the check-in process, one time room wasn't ready though it was already very late at night , 10 pm. and only ready an hour later ! no recommendation nor alternatives, just "please wait!") Pool and health club are excellent as well as those attending staffs.

Lobby staff and bars are very well attending clients through very late hours. Breakfast selection always decent but very limited seats for such a large hotel, long que at peak hour always.

On my last visit the lights in the bathroom was gone, and three times very quickly fixed by the staff, but finally it was gone the forth time and I no longer interest to get it fixed. Should be on that special room and during that particular period of time I hope.

I will always stay there, best business hotel in KL. so to speak.

Stayed: January 2008
3  Thank bom2535
Reviewed 12 February 2008

Now, this is THE hotel I would gladly check into after a 18 hour flight! I started out from Zurich and arrived in KL and checked-in 18 hours later without a single wink of sleep for the last 24 hours because of one non-stop-18 hour crying baby on my SQ flight!

I checked-in at 10:30 am and did not expect a room until 3pm. To my surprise, everyone took pity on me. The receptionist promised to get me a room cleaned within an hour and since I had no energy left to go anywhere else, the head concierge brought me up to the pool area and told the staff there to start the kitchen at the Broadwalk restaurant just for me to have lunch! I guess he knew his remedies; after an excellent burger with fries and salad downed with tonnes of fruit juices by the pool, I was feeling much better! Stephen the receptionist knew where I was, called up to tell me that my room was ready and even sent someone up to pass the key to me.

I was given a very nice suite on the 25 floor with views of the lake gardens and KL tower. They sent housekeeping up to bring me an extra set of Crabtree and Evelyn toiletries and bath salts in case I needed it. Needless to say, the room was very comfortable, with two washrooms and one bathroom, a living area, working area, numerous wardrobes, one master bedroom and a walk-in dressing room. The room was very sound-proof and quiet and they had two dvd and cd players in the room. The room was very tastefully decorated in complimenting hues of dark wood with modern colours. Of course, the main reason that I chose this hotel was for their bed! You could sleep forever on their beds, no matter how jetlagged or awake you are. Of course it was a pity I couldn't sleep that afternoon because of an appointment, I only managed to get back at 10pm that night and slept peacefully until noon the next day.
Housekeeping came twice a day for cleaning and turndown service. They left very nice tidbits like candy, muffins, praline and other sweeties by the bed after turndown since this was the Hilton Honours floor. They also refilled the free apples counter at the corridor about 20 times a day, since all the red apples kept disappearing within minutes.

Breakfast was really improving. The breakfast spread was very satisfying, from American, continental, asian to malaysian dishes. They did employ quite a huge number of staff so that the long queue at the entrace was resolved quickly.

Food remained good, I had buffet at the Al-Noufourah one night with some clients and we were entertained by a terribly skinny belly dancer, nevertheless, the Lebanese food was great and the chef himself came out to patiently explain to us on how to eat and how he cooked the dishes.
Chynna would also be rather good, if they did not have such strange dishes for Chinese New Year like raw fish, fish lips, roasted pidgeons, chicken feet and waxed duck that nearly terrified my non-chinese clients.

Pool was great, you could have the whole pool to yourself after 9pm and enjoy sliding down the water slide!
Travelers should be prepared to pay more for a cab ride because of the new hotel blue cabs or premier cabs. A ride from Hilton to KLCC should be around RM 30 as compared to RM 9 if you took a coupon cab downstairs.

I would give Hilton 7 stars if I had the choice!
This was definitely one of the best stays I've had at the Hilton. During my 8 days stay at the Hilton, everyone smiled and remembered my name, they've been a great help to me and completely spoilt me to the end until I didn't want to leave at all.
I would not even think of coming back, I will be back!

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled on business
5  Thank Global_traveller2000
Reviewed 12 February 2008

Our last three nights we spend in a suite at the Hilton Kuala Lumpur. In a strange but very nice room. Everywhere closets. Very friendly staff. Nice bathsoaps/shampoo etc. Special thanks to the gorgeous ladies in white silk at the restaurants in the lobby. Very professional. And very friendly. Thank you Suria from housekeeping for babysitting our son. We will send you a picture of him, because you have never seen him awake. We will be back!

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 February 2008

Just a few words to add to the many positive reviews others have given about this great hotel -

Pros: Ultimately excellent value ($150 Aust is amazing for this type of hotel); stylish rooms; very good buffet breakfast (lots of options); excellent location (exceptional access to airport and city); lunch and dinner food generally very good; the pool is wonderful and the water slide was great (especially for big kids like my wife and me)

Cons: Our room was not turned down on one night and on another night strangely only half done (i.e. my side done but not my wife's); some meals at the Japanese restaurant are not well priced for what you receive.

Stayed: February 2008
1  Thank Shrimo
Reviewed 5 February 2008

I stayed in the Hilton for a short business trip in the week before Christmas.

Whilst I have no complaints at all, I found that the hotel to be so large and impersonal that I felt quite lonely there. Unusually so as I am well used to my own company on long business trips.

Simply it is a very large business hotel situated extremely close to the town terminal of the airport express train and therefore very convenient for late night arrivals.

All facilities are fine although I don't think I succeeded in finding a bar with real atmosphere. Certainly the principal lobby bar has a very transient feel. Nobody seemed to be relaxing, everyone was waiting to meet somebody then move on.

Recreational facilities - pool and gym/health club are fine.

Unusually, the hotel is situated, twin-tower style, next to another major business hotel. I can't remember which. As you arrive from the station you are confronted by two doors, one leading to each hotel. The signposting is not good. I was not the only bemused traveller unsure of which route to take.

One evening I ate outside at the swimming pool bar which was excellent. Good Malay style food and an option to taste an array of wines well suited to the cuisine in a tasting 'flight'. Small measures of each, but well chosen.

A well run and impressively large hotel but if you are looking for something more genuinely Malay and intimate I would look elsewhere. When you find it please could you let me know?

Stayed: December 2007