Getting there is really convenient on the KLIA express. Unaware of that on my first trip, I endured the long, and inexplicably slow service at the airport prepaid taxi counter...not a great welcome after a 16 hour flight.
The drive up inside the hotel complex was strange/clumsy, through a car park and an ugly ramp, partly shared with the Meridien next door.
The hotel has a no-frills foyer/reception, but once you get to the rooms, you really start to relish the experience. Thoroughly modern, and extremely well equipped/furnished. Flawless wifi.
Executive lounge was spacious, with terrific views...even had a live band playing one evening. Breakfast there was top notch. Evening snacks over complimentary cocktails were extensive, but not too much of it appealed to my perhaps my too-conventional preferences...lots of local fare. I got to try the Chinese restaurant Chynna for lunch. Service was a tad awkward (experience seemed low), but warm and well-intentioned nonetheless.
The airport express gives it high marks for location convenience, but otherwise it's a cab ride from anywhere you'd need to go for business, but I found that manageable, convenient, inexpensive and a worthwhile tradeoff. City center, Petronas is a little far off, but easy enuf to get to.
A good choice of business hotel, great value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience this vibrant city at its best at the Hilton Kuala Lumpur hotel, located just 28 minutes from Kuala Lumpur International Airport and 33 minutes from Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2 by KLIA Ekspres train. Gaze out on Kuala Lumpur's city center while swimming laps of the hotel pool, featuring a tropical sun deck, or indulge in a holistic spa treatment. The hotel boasts 14 lavish meeting rooms including the magnificent Grand Ballroom, mid-size Sentral Ballroom and the sophisticated multi-event leveL7even. Services for meetings, events and outside catering are designed to meet every event need. Executive rooms and suites include access to the Executive Lounge and complimentary WiFi. Experience an array of additional benefits including complimentary breakfast, afternoon tea, all-day refreshments, and evening cocktails. The hotel provides 10 stellar choices for dining and entertainment, from business brunches to pre-dinner drinks and everything in between. Hilton Kuala Lumpur has been awarded Malaysia's Leading Business Hotel 2015 by The World Travel Awards™. The hotel's modern European restaurant, GRAZE won accolade as Malaysia Tatler – Best Restaurant 2015. Hilton Kuala Lumpur also won the TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice® award for 2015 in the Top 25 Luxury Hotels – Malaysia category. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Agoda, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Kuala Lumpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Hilton International Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur Hilton