“Amazing”

Ranked #12 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We stopped for 3 nights flying from London to Australia. Absolutely loved the quality of the Hotel, especially the food! Lobby is fresh and relaxing and the staff were professional and very friendly. Executive package a delight, rooms very comfortable. Free wifi in lobby, pool area lovely. Booked ahead for early bird rate, made it better value.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Robert And Jack... W
Hilton_Kuala_Lumpur, General Manager at Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the 5/5 review and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your KL stopover on such a long journey to London. Your feedback and praise is certainly appreciated and the team will be delighted to know that you were impressed with their service and our product.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and to further impress you with our Malaysian Hilton hospitality.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Kuala Lumpur

Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed a night at KL Hilton for my boyfriend surprise birthday with assist of one of their staff, Jocelyn. Jocelyn was really helpful for my surprise plan. She did not hesitate to help me out with my plan i.e float up the balloons and cake arrangement. We really enjoyed our room and pool :) Would love to stay Hilton again :)

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Cookie810
Hilton_Kuala_Lumpur, General Manager at Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience and Happy Birthday!

It is wonderful to know that you had a great time and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Came back for conference. The renovation that took months have finally completed. Hotel lobby looks modern , fresh. Yet same can't be said to the room. Part of the wooden floor has lots of scratch marks. The bed linen looks worn off. But the worse scenario was the drain at the shower area seemed clogged up. Water accumulated after shower, took 10 min to drain!
Such room condition definitely does not give the Hilton chains' name any justice .

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Guest,

Please accept our sincere apologies for what occurred and we would like to assure you that this is an isolated incident.

As explained when our team attended to your guestroom shower a portion of the guest bathroom amenities was lodged in the drain. This was immediately rectified and is not a typical issue at Hilton Kuala Lumpur.

Bed linens are of the highest standard and replaced on a very regular basis. All lines used are high thread count and in excellent condition.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to impress on you the service and quality that is synonymous with Hilton.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

I stayed at this Hilton 4 months ago, and entitled my 2-star review "An Accumulation of Frustrations, Large and Small". At the end of a 2-night stay now, I can report that some of my frustrations persist, others seem to have gone away, and some I have learned to avoid.

Last time I waited 9 mins in line to check in. This time there was no line, but checking in took 15 mins and I had to wait an additional 15 mins for my room to be ready even though it was after 3 PM. Last time I could never figure out how to turn down the air conditioning despite the instructions, so I just turned it off intermittently. I still haven't figured it out, and yes, I should just ask.

Last time I had a tough, tasteless, expensive steak accompanied by negligent service at the Chambers Grill. This time I opted for room service and ordered a pizza and glass of wine. The pizza tasted like the supermarket variety that you heat up at home. A good glass of wine is expensive, more than $20 US, but maybe that is just Malaysia.

Wifi is free in the hotel lobby and to Hilton Honor Club members, but for the rest of us they charge >$20 US/day. Wifi is neither fast nor particularly reliable. This is outrageous in this day and age!

OK, there are lots of good things too. Rooms are modern, spacious and eye-pleasing. The bathroom is large and has a rainfall shower. The desk is great for working, the chair is comfortable, and there are lots of electrical outlets. The bed is comfortable and there are lots of pillows, both hard and soft. The breakfast buffet is vast and varied and most of it tastes delicious. Some of the food under heat lamps is not as warm as it should be. Service is prompt, friendly and efficient. Accept the offered glass of orange juice because it is really good.

The coffees, pastries and sandwiches at the little coffee bar in the lobby are excellent.

Last time I took a walk through the train station across the street, through a shopping mall, and into the hot noisy city streets. This time I asked, and the bellman told me how to get to the lake and park on the other side of the hotel, that looks inaccessible because it is beyond 2 freeways. It is easy to get to, and really worth the visit! I have reviewed it separately, see Perdana Botanical Garden.

In summary, this visit was better than my last, but this hotel could easily be much better.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Hilton_Kuala_Lumpur, General Manager at Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

I am however very disappointed to receive your comments and to note that you were not completely satisfied with your stay.

Check in was approximately twenty minutes from arrival to receiving your key and an upgrade to our Executive guestroom was provided for you - please accept our apology for this slight delay which was due to the late departure of the previous guest.

Concerning Room Service, all pizza's are freshly made at our dedicated pizza kitchen in Vasco's Restaurant and are one of the most popular items on our menu, our culinary team is available to prepare any type of pizza required and all pizzas are made fresh to order. Please note that pizza flavours may be slightly different to what you experience in other countries as Hilton Kuala Lumpur is a 100% pork free hotel.

Guestroom internet at Hilton KL (and all other international hotels in KL) is charged at a modest fee for up to three simultaneous connections. Internet is complimentary for our loyal Hilton HHonors Gold and Diamond members and as you mentioned is provided on a complimentary basis in our lobby and other main public areas. Unfortunately in Malaysia due to infrastructure limitations internet is generally slower than in many developed countries, however we make every effort to provide best available bandwidth for our guests.

It is disappointing that your experience is so different from the great majority of reviews and that you did not bring any concerns to our attention whilst our guest. The team at the hotel and at all Hilton Hotels are committed to absolute satisfaction and to 'Make it Right'. We also recommend that guests review the 1000+ reviews on this site to gain a balanced perspective on the hotel and the experience, product and service provided.

We look forward to welcoming you back and to impress on you the hospitality synonymous with Hilton Kuala Lumpur.

Wishing you safe onward travels.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

On a business trip and Hilton was choice due to close proximity of office. I have staid at the Hilton in the past and service was great however consistence is something that lacks this time around. I would like however to praise the Concierge Team, after breakfast they new where I was going every day and my taxi was waiting. An out standing team, well organised and very efficient. After a long flight then on the KLIA express to Hilton, front desk managed to stuff my booking and my room was not ready, which I didn't mind too much as I was going to head to the office. After a couple of emails and sorting out which annoyed me as in between my meeting had to solve the issue which they should of done. Anyway got back and room was ready, very spacious and clean with beautiful views. So the inconsistence would be at breakfast when staff seems to be annoyed at me coming too early. I am an early riser and start my day early to I can go the office early. I would have to ask things twice or thrice but my European counterparts seems to get more attention, but my day would always be saved by the guys at the front. They intuitively know my needs without asking instead of front desk or other staff.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank PerthGuy2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you also for your acknowledgment of the main reception and bell/concierge team.

On reviewing your stay, your arrival was in the morning and due to full occupancy your reserved room type was not available for early arrival. If an early arrival (prior to 3pm) is required we recommend to pre register to guarantee room availability.

I would also like to assure you that your comments concerning early morning service in Vasco's Restaurant has been addressed and we sincerely apologise for this lapse in standards. This is not typical of this restaurant and our Director of Food and Beverage is committed to ensuring that there is no reoccurrence.

We look forward to welcoming you back and to demonstrate the usual high levels of service that is synonymous with Hilton Kuala Lumpur.

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for my birthday celebration with the wife. Booked for a executive king room and opted for the e-upgrade for the plus room but upon arrival at about 5pm was told that there are no available rooms. We would have to wait if I still want the room, as we were quite tired so I just opted for the normal king room. And again, we were not offered for check in at the executive lounge. Thought this is a standard practice at most 5 stars hotels.

Breakfast choices were ample & good at Vasco. Good thing is espresso based drinks are available, too bad as beans are pretty stale. Could have been better if fresh beans were used. Evening cocktail at the executive lounge was good, same goes to the scenery & layout.

Parking is RM5 per day flat rate which is really cheap if compared to other surrounding properties. Would recommend upgrading to executive floor for the extra facilities. Pool was good despite a bit small, extra gesture bringing mineral water from the poolside bar attendant was a
plus point too.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on tripadvisor.

The eStandby upgrade is a 'standby' product and is only available if the upgraded room type is available on arrival. For your recent stay the reserved room type was ready and the option of fulfilment of the upgrade request was presented but was subject to a slight wait. Check-in was also expedited at the main lobby so you could access your room as quickly as possible rather than transferring you to the lounge on level 33. If you would prefer in lounge check in please advise any member of the team and they will provide assistance to access the lounge on arrival. as access to the tower is restricted to provide the best security to our guests.

I am pleased you enjoyed your breakfast and assure you that the beans used are fresh and of the highest quality. Vasco's restaurant hosts more than 1000 guests per day and coffee is constantly stocked, brewed to order and is 100% Arabica.

It is great to know that you enjoyed our poolside service. I am however surprised by your comments on the size of the swimming pool - as the Hilton/Le Meridien pool is the largest free form hotel pool in KL at 600m2. It is also one of our guests most popular areas with its expansive tropical gardens, waterways, seating, slide, waterfalls, children's pool and Jacuzzi.

Thank you for your comments and we sincerely appreciate the time taken to share your experience.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Across from the train station so easy access to KLCC and airport. Amazing friendly and helpful staff where you can go to for directions and whereabouts. Rooms are very clean, renovated with nice views. Bathrooms are contemporary style with Asian style and decor. High price for rooms but good value overall. Had the breakfast buffet and it is diverse with more Asian morning dishes.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
2  Thank caravaniza

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with fellow travellers.

My team and I appreciate your feedback and to know that you appreciated our hospitality.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Mr Jamie Mead