“Hilton slogan 'best breakfast in town' applies here” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Kuala Lumpur

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hilton Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #12 of 340 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Utrecht
“Hilton slogan 'best breakfast in town' applies here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2009

I'm always critical about the possibilities of having an European breakfast outside Germany of Scandinavia, but this breakfast is one of the best. Multiple kinds of bread, Danish pastries on the buffet are still hot from the oven, cheese and cold cuts as much as you want, smoked salmon brought on request.

For the rest perfect rooms. We only had some difficulty letting repair a power socket, a lot of disturbances and miscommunications, but finally solved in a great way by the operations manager.

The only downside for the hotel is that it is remote from shopping centers, so you have to take the skytrain or a taxi for that. Coming from the airport with the KLIA express however the location opposite the central station is perfect.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank DutchAlfred

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (580)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2009

If I could dream up what hotel service should be, this Hilton is everything I would put in the dream.
It may be the culture of Malaysia, it may be the training, I am speechless so much the staff at this hotel is helpful, cheerful, and goes out of its way to make a stay a joy.

When I compare this hotel to other Hiltons that charge 2 to 3 times the price, especially in Europe, all I can say is> consider Malaysia for your next trip.

I will make this review short> everything was excellent, from the room size, to the amenities, to the breakfast buffet, to the executive lounge, to the cheap taxis, to the proximity to central station, etc.

Do not rent a car in this place. Taxis are so cheap. Public transportation is fine.

I wish the European & American traveler would not consider executive lounges as their breakfast, lunch, and dinner all u can eat buffet stops on an Alabama highway. For God's sake, go out and experience what foreign cities can offer. Get out of that golden cage on executive floors and spend that hard money on dinner. Order from a menu and do not settle for hors d'oeuvres. It is so sad seeing exexutives making 6figures doing all they can to save a buck or two on a meal. In Kuala, a great Sushi place will cost 2 people at most 30 dollars. People!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hamza B
singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2009

I and my wife check in on 20 May and request for a smoking room. They free updraded my room to executive room at 34th flr. When we open the room door, we were so impressed with the spacious and luxurious decorated. This room come with 42" TV and dvd player. The hotel is at an excellent location right in centre of city at the KL Central station. We went Zeta Bar located on 5TH FLR, the live band is good and made u party whole night.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
lincoln
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2009

great hotel great location friendly staff ideal for metro station easy to travel around city

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
bangkok
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2009

Conveniently located near KLIA express station. Fantastic in room facilities. Amazing staff

Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
Penang Island, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2009

Date: 26th March 2009.

As a General Manager of a UNESCO Grade One Heritage Home-Stay, I prefer to stay in modern properties when on outstation or foreign business trips. If anything, for a change of scene. And when it comes to KL, I prefer the Maya on Jalan Ampang and Hilton Sentral. I am writing this review from my bedroom in Hilton Sentral KL. The Maya was fully-booked. I checked in at 9pm tonight, planning for a three night stay but alas will be moving to the Marriott, first thing tomorrow morning.

This marks my third stay in the last 4 years. And on each stay, I always request for the Executive Floors for the sake of privacy and to avoid crowds at breakfast. During my first stay, I was amazed by the sleek beauty of the property. And during my second stay, I actually managed to make acquaintances with a few of the staff. I was treated very, very well. The public spaces are grand and ooze designer-style without being vulgar or ostentatious. The rooms are not the largest offered in the price category but are exceptionally well-appointed, designer-oriented whilst practical and don't get me started on the 'a-la-Japan' toilets. The usage and manipulation of partitions allow for privacy and space - depending on which one prefers. Call me a troglodyte but WOW. The General Manager back then, Mr. Paul Hutton, has left and his successor has BIG shoes to fill.

But (there's ALWAYS a 'but' LOL) to my utter disappointment, the reception I received this evening upon check-in left me slightly disappointed. All things being relative, perhaps it was due to my past stays at this property and the excitement of coming back again. The purpose of my visit was more social rather than business. So instead of arriving in a limo with driver, I drove my own car (one that was apparently viewed as substandard at a Hilton). I was, to say the least, not terribly well-received and responded to, when I made the silly assumption that the doorman and valet would recognise me and allow me to park in the front row of the hotel...as I always have. It is of course, my own arrogance and ignorance to think that they would remember me. And for that, I really have no one but myself to blame for that oversight.

When I mentioned that I was a return guest, I was allowed to park my car in front(a 'privilege' and convenience that you pay slightly over double the usual parking rates for, I might add). Perhaps due to my own insecurities, I parked my car feeling slighted and looked-down upon. Heaven help a 3-Series BMW that just wasn’t good enough to be parked outside a Hilton…

I checked in and quickly dressed for a dinner meeting - one that I was already late for. When I quickly got into my car, moving the barrier cone myself, the guard on duty asked me if I wanted the space reserved for me when I returned. I told him that it would be wonderful and that yes, I would definitely want the space reserved. After dinner, I returned and true enough, the space has been most kindly reserved for me...or so I thought. I got out of the car, moved the barrier(as a fellow hotelier, I prefer to help myself and not have to inconvenience staff). I then heard a guard call me and when I turned around, was told that I could not park there and a member of the front desk said that it was solely for VIP guests. You can imagine my disappointment and embarrassment. I explained that the space had been reserved for me, an offer made by the valet; and I even went as far as to give my name and Room Number but the Front Office Exec. on duty looked skeptical and insisted on checking with the management. They took some ten minutes to ascertain my claims. I put it to the management that their inefficient communication placed me in a tenuous situation. If at all, they should have noted down the numbler plate of the car or the room number of its owner. I have been on the road today for over 7 hours in total today and I really do not have the time to stand around in a hotel foyer to argue on what is a matter of principle. And while on the subject of principles, I have informed the front desk that I will be checking out tomorrow and to prevent further misunderstandings, insisted that my minibar be checked and locked, have paid my bill for the night and would like to start loading some of my luggage in the car to facilitate a hasty escape from this establishment first thing tomorrow morning. I brought my bags to my car at a quarter past three in the morning, and to my amusement, my vehicle was one of only two cars parked in the foyer. Yes, privileged parking in great demand indeed.

I did not know whether to laugh or feel disgusted at the attitude taken by the staff of Hilton Sentral. Suffice it to say that I will NEVER stay in this establishment again and will tell all I know, to give this property a wide berth.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank CFTM
nindia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2009

Great value for money, the hotel has a big LCD and has all the facilities that you would want for your honeymoon from a tub in your room to exotic fruits to everything amazing served you right in the comfort of your room>
The proximity of the hotel to the main attractions in the city is also good and train and mono rail are easily approachable.
Great value for money. Must go if your going to KL

• Stayed January 2007, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank nindia