One night stay on the executive floor in a basic room, having stayed over CNY in a suite did not really expect much from the room but was surprised, it was larger than expected.
Car park very busy took a while to find a parking space, were charged a flat rate of 5myr for parking for the stay.
Check in quick in the exec lounge and drinks offered. Room on the 31st floor away from the lifts. Staff here same as before very nice and helpful
The room was quite spacious, modern with a king bed which was comftable with nice big square pillows. Good sized desk to work at and good chair. A day bed was next to the window but was badly stained.
Huge bathroom with sept rain shower and bath, sink and sept toilet. Lots of mirrors and the TV below the shaving mirror. I really like the Crabtree toiletries and they don’t skimp on leaving plenty inc bath salts and an oil burner which is lit at turndown. The wardrobe could be opened from both sides in the bathroom which again had full length mirrors. Good quality white towels and plenty of them. Clean throughout.
Club lounge good, great views over the city, and again the staff are friendly, had a chat and carried on a conversation with one member from my last stay. Choice of wine which was good and the nibbles were well presented and replenished quickly. No unruly children running about this time which was good.
Had breakfast in the lounge, we tend not to eat that much at b/fast but asked for a omelette and for it to be well cooked, it came almost raw in the middle.....how hard is it to cook a well done omelette?. Anyway all ok for b/fast food the usual.... but the tables are on the small side for two to share.
I do think apart from the bathrooms the rooms are now due for a refurbishment or at least a deep clean, really cannot see how people in hotel rooms can make such large gouges out of the wood around a window??? Wood all over the room very scuffed as was the floor (in both rooms we have stayed in). The door handle into the room was nearly off and very loose and the second lock on the door was missing the kind you pull over. The holes had been filled in and painted. The light in the wardrobe would not go out so had to put paper over the sensor. There was an overall grubby smell in the room esp. near the day bed/lounger and I would not sit on it as I said it was covered in stains and had a bad odour. Also the window blind (which we had to keep down as the windows were being cleaned, note left but did not see it) was badly stained. A general knocked about room same as the suite.
The location of the hotel is great for the express for KLIA and getting taxis. The pool is really nice and pleasant, and does not get that busy.
I do think the Hilton in the past has been a great hotel but standards are slipping, and the rooms are not the good value if they are grubby and worn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience this vibrant city at its best at the Hilton Kuala Lumpur hotel, located just 28 minutes from Kuala Lumpur International Airport and 33 minutes from Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2 by KLIA Ekspres train. Gaze out on Kuala Lumpur's city center while swimming laps of the hotel pool, featuring a tropical sun deck, or indulge in a holistic spa treatment. The hotel boasts 14 lavish meeting rooms including the magnificent Grand Ballroom, mid-size Sentral Ballroom and the sophisticated multi-event leveL7even. Services for meetings, events and outside catering are designed to meet every event need. Executive rooms and suites include access to the Executive Lounge and complimentary WiFi. Experience an array of additional benefits including complimentary breakfast, afternoon tea, all-day refreshments, and evening cocktails. The hotel provides 10 stellar choices for dining and entertainment, from business brunches to pre-dinner drinks and everything in between. Hilton Kuala Lumpur has been awarded Malaysia's Leading Business Hotel 2015 by The World Travel Awards™. The hotel's modern European restaurant, GRAZE won accolade as Malaysia Tatler – Best Restaurant 2015. Hilton Kuala Lumpur also won the TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice® award for 2015 in the Top 25 Luxury Hotels – Malaysia category. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotelopia, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, Southall Travel and TravelUp so you can book your Hilton Kuala Lumpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Hilton International Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur Hilton