“Dirty dirty dirty!! Don't be fooled by the online pics!”
Review of K Hotel

K Hotel
Ranked #270 of 355 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 16 October 2011

Booked the night before online through Agoda as from the pics it looked nice & sounded central. Location wise, it's on a very busy road which thankfully you can't hear from inside, it's 5 mins walk to the nearest metro/LRT and there's lots of good places to eat nearby.

The reception area has been recently renovated, a theme which certainly hadn't continued through to any of the rooms I seen. We were given a triple room on the 4th floor, it was dark, dingy & smelled of damp. We discovered the shower curtain was black with mould, the carpets were stained & extremely dusty (see pic), the walls were filthy (see pic) & the ac was as loud as a steam train. Upon going down to reception to ask if there was another room available I was shown one of similar ilk. I explained to the gentleman that we weren't happy with the room & that it was dirty, he came in to have a look and couldn't get out quick enough muttering he'd "see what could be done". We then received a phone call saying that all they were willing to do was remove the shower curtain. GREAT!

When we checked out the next day I was ready to offer my constructive feedback (ie. disappointment!), however the female at reception, who I believe was the owner could not have been more rude to us. She spoke to us as though we were stupid, and then when I asked her a question, she didn't even acknowledge I'd spoken to her, instead she turned to her colleague & began conversing in another language blatantly ignoring us. A course in customer service is required I think.

Don't make the mistake we did & pay to stay here, go elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends

#145 of 355 in Kuala Lumpur
StarPoints Hotel Kuala Lumpur
StarPoints Hotel Kuala Lumpur
#107 of 355 in Kuala Lumpur

Been to K Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about K Hotel

Address: 142 - 146, Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman, Kuala Lumpur 50100, Malaysia (Formerly Kowloon Hotel)
Region: Malaysia > Wilayah Persekutuan > Kuala Lumpur
Business Centre with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Room Service Spa Suites
Ranked #270 of 355 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Price Range: £19 - £32 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — K Hotel 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, bedfinder AG, Ebookers, Zenrooms, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK) and Evoline ltd so you can book your K Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.