“Good location but hotel is rundown.”
Review of Palace Hotel

Palace Hotel
Palace Hotel
Ranked #241 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
“Good location but hotel is rundown.”
Reviewed 23 August 2011

I stay with my fren, suppose to check in on 20 th til 23rd aug but when i reach at the hotel on 20th reception say our booking been cancelled due to crd crd decline but without inform us. Earlier on when we call and we confirm everytin in order. End up we hav to stay at leo palace hotel for one nite. Wat a hassle cos we hav to travel to one hotel to another plus the road so crowded with vehicle and people due to shopping season for raya day. So on 21st be bac to palace hotel, gosshh the door cant closed properly same goes to the toilet door. The carpet smelly, no fridge, tv witout remote control. Overall the hotel is rundown.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank Ezarenna

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Pros:
Rates are reasonable (140 per night for a double room)
Good indian vegetarian restaurant nearby - Saravana Bhavan, Sangeetha
Hanifa shopping is just a few minutes walking distance
500 mts to "Masjid Jamek" Rapid KL station
Fairly close to most major attractions to the city
15-20 minutes to KL Sentral by taxi

Cons:
Room service & the location ambience is not good.
The hotel has a tour desk which will help you in booking some package tours. These are generally quite expensive (25-50% higher) when compared to booking packages on your own.

Suggestion: Visit the Malaysian toursim site and be prepared with the list of places to visit in advance.
Have a nice trip!!!

Room Tip: DONT use Agoda.com to do the final booking. Use it to the get the list of hotels & do the bookin...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Karthik_KKR
Perth WA
Reviewed 11 November 2010

Before I went to this hotel, I called them first to ask about the price. Then the reception asked my number and promised to call me within a minute. What a surprise, he never call me.

But never mind,I still went there on the date of my arrival.Since I am a single traveller, they charged me RM110 excluding breakfast,which i think is a good price compared to other hotel nearby.

They allowed me to check in earlier,about 11 am. When i stepped into my room at 5th floor, the first thing that across my mind is, "this room smells like an old room" you can only smell this if you enter a room that people rarely enter. The room is twin bedded,with hot water maker,thermos,medium boxy TV, a chair and end table,a huge window facing another room,a full length mirror,self controlled air conditioned and a medium wardrobe.

They quilt and the beddings are just like the hotel room in the 90s,as far as i can remembered. The room is quite dark as there is not enough lighting.

the bathroom is very small. The shower comes with the bathtub, so i need to step in the bathtub and take a shower. The bathtub is pretty useless to me. It comes with hot shower too which is a must in the hotel.

Internet are available throughout the hotel but you have to request the password by calling the reception. The room is clean too, and no cockroaches. The environment is quiet.

The staff is not friendly, but not snobbish either.they are just another staffs,nothing is special about them. They only smile a bit.

Overall,this is a good hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank mclover
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 September 2010

Been there for a week or so. Overall its an affordable hotel, reasonably priced at 110 RM for a twin sharing room. Has an attached restaurant with it which serves well for vegetarian people. The rooms are neat and clean. The hotel staff are very much cooperative. The rooms are decent with an attached bath. For tourists it is the perfect place as all the well known destinations like Patronas Tower, Pavillion Mall all are located very close by and should not take more than 20 RM by taxi. There are other malls nearby namely SOGO which sells all range of products at affordable price. I enjoyed my stay there and hope you do too.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank saahmed
Asia
Reviewed 17 December 2008

It is not my 1st tyme staying at this hotel. I like this hotel because it is surrounded by shops and bazaar which sale variety of stuffs at reasonable prices.Most of my Malaysian friends said they bought their mariage stuffs here!. The night market also held in certain day (Sorry, I forgot the day, may be every Saturday). The outside views of this hotel is not ok but inside is clean. Previously, it served malay food but during my recent stay, it is changed. But nevermind, i can take my breakfast and dinner at the nearest malay foodstalls just in front of this hotel and beside Mydin retail shop. Before, the LRT station was situated near the bank but during my latest stay, i need to walk across the road in which it is far away from the previous one. Actually, I prefer the previous LRT station. But nevermind taxis and buses are still around. So far, i think The Arc Money Changer is the best money exchanger place here which offers good rate. I've stayed before at Noble Hotel and Garden City Hotel which are situated at the same area, but due to some reason i prefer Palace Hotel.

Palace hotel is suitable for the traveller who decides to spend most of his leisure time outside the hotel. It's not because this hotel is not good but for me if i paid for the expensive hotel, i will stay most of my time in the hotel because i feel it wastes of my money paying for such expensive accomodition without spending most of my time inside... hehe.. because i'm not a rich person...

• Liked — Strategic place with reasonable price.
  • Disliked — outside view: i got room which the window was blocked by the wall from outside.
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank GuestAsia
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 31 December 2005

I went to this hotel after a visit to KL with my working colleague 18-19/Dec/2005. The Front Desk staff don't have friendly looks but the housekeeping staffs are quite helpful & friendly especially when I misplaced my handpone. The surround and ambient of the hotel okay.

• Stayed December 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 November 2005

on my last holiday with my frens,and after a long search we finally got ourself a hotel. Even on that time we reach there almost 5 in the morning. The person in charge was very friendly. To cut it short we had great stay at Palace Hotel.

Stayed March 2005