“Never again...”

Latin Tropical Yoko's
Ranked #42 of 53 Nightlife in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 5 November 2012

My wife and I were on Changkat one night and decided to try this place out. We ordered cocktails, a mojito for me and a margarita for her. We both agreed the drinks were revolting, and I've had some bad cocktails in my time! The ambience is terrible with the same shakira song playing over and over. Never again....

1  Thank Stephen R
Yokomargarita, Owner at Latin Tropical Yoko's, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

I am very sorry to hear you had a bad night at Latin Tropical YOKO'S. Our bartender has more than 10 years experiences. I never heard any complains about his drinks before. He was also trained by original Latin awarded bartender as well. The reason why you listened Sharkira songs was Our main concept is " COLOMBIA" Sharkira is the one of most famous singer from Colombia. Early evening we sometimes play special music video. I think when you visited us, we played Sharkira's concert video. We have many different types of Latin Music, Salsa, Merengue, Bacharta, Kumbia...etc.....Hope you will visit us again.

There are newer reviews for Latin Tropical Yoko's

Reviewed 9 August 2012

Me and my wife after exhausting day sightseeing Kuala Lumbpur were on our way to Hotel, and we stopped by to look who is singing so good. We discovered that in Yoko's restaurant were men singing Live by guitar ! That was really good singing , i guess something in spanish. That was a Columbian guy - who I guess is on of the restaurant staff responsible one for music, attractions and performance in restaurant ! There were few guys from visitors who were dancing and did really good in salsa! All the people that night had great time ! After we had couple of vine glasses we jumped in the dancing ! We did not tried food, but we got some snacks. The owner or manager Japanese lady were really nice, I even had a dance with her ! Big thanks to Columbia guy who made our night ! If you read this, we will visit Columbia, as promised ! Well if you are about dancing salsa and having fun for a night that is the place to visit !

Yokomargarita, Owner at Latin Tropical Yoko's, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Hi! It was quite sometime ago but I clearly remember both of you. Yes I am a Japanese woman who danced with you!! Hahaha! I also enjoyed that night. Thank you very much for visiting us. We made some renovation last year so the place looks more Latin now. Please visit us again if you have a chance or See you in Colombia(Colombian Musician says). Colombia is beautiful country. You should visit. Thanks again for your review on my outlet.

Reviewed 12 July 2012

They didn't even know how to prepare Mojito and gave this drink that tasted like gelatin.

Overpriced cocktails. Bad music.

Go someplace else.

2  Thank queen_tourist

I was very surprised to read your comment. Our bartender is experienced and had been trained by awarded Latin Barman. Our drinks includes cover charge after 12 am. So it may be a bit higher price but much cheaper than cover charge of other club. Many customers come for our special Latin music. If you don't like Latin music, my place may not be the place for you. Sorry for that our concept didn't suit to your tastes.

Reviewed 26 January 2012

Most reviews have described Yoko's as being at the cheaper end. You judge for yourself: Two adults and one child eating. We had ebi tempura, a modest sashimi set, four sushi rolls, wine, and juice. The bill was about USD180. Not what I would describe as cheap. Some of the sashimi was excellent, incl. Butterfish, and lime-marinated mackeral. But in all honesty, unless you must have Japanese, you are after all in Malaysia and you can eat really, really well for a fraction of the cost.

Reviewed 8 February 2011

Located at a street full of cool bars and restaurants. Wide selection of Japanese food, Japanese beer & wine, and the owner is a beautiful Japanese woman that is warm and friendly. The staff there is responsive and friendly. 9.30 pm onwards normally there are band playing good music, recently there are some visiting Japanese travellers that perform excellent music there, they are called "ONIGIRI". The environment is homely, casual, and just relaxing. Can be pricey.