“Embarrassing”

Latin Tropical Yoko's
Ranked #42 of 53 Nightlife in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I am a citizen of Colombia living in Kuala Lumpur. When I went to Yokos the first time I was excited to find a piece of my country in Malaysia. As I spend the first few minutes inside I became embarrassed that the people here will believe that this place represents our country and culture. I would like the owners to realize that there are hundreds of Latins in KL that do not visit Yokos and that they do not go there for a reason. The service is terrible, the food is not original, the alcohol is very very expensive, the videos on the screen are horrible, the ambience is tacky and the decoration messy. This place does not represent my country, I wish the owners would wake up and realize how bad this is for the latin culture.
By the way, latins are not shisha smokers!

3  Thank Juanjoserestrepo
There are newer reviews for Latin Tropical Yoko's

Reviewed 1 January 2013

For me, I loved the Latin music which they played, but last time I went there on 1 Jan 2013, Yes on NYE, I didn't like the music at all, It was almost new latin and mostly reggae-ton, any way, I haven't ever tried their cocktails and always ordered those Carlsberg Beer Tower, so I can not advise on the drinks. Totally it is an OK place to sit and drink with friends.

3  Thank iBehzad
Yokomargarita, Owner at Latin Tropical Yoko's, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

It is pity to hear that you didn't have special exciting night with Salsa music and dance. Our music is specially selected by Latin DJ and the most nights many salsa dancers are coming to dance. You may visit us wrong time. It seems you visited us on New Years day when just after everyone had all night long party. Please try again. I am sure you will find something different.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

My wife and I were on Changkat one night and decided to try this place out. We ordered cocktails, a mojito for me and a margarita for her. We both agreed the drinks were revolting, and I've had some bad cocktails in my time! The ambience is terrible with the same shakira song playing over and over. Never again....

1  Thank Stephen R

I am very sorry to hear you had a bad night at Latin Tropical YOKO'S. Our bartender has more than 10 years experiences. I never heard any complains about his drinks before. He was also trained by original Latin awarded bartender as well. The reason why you listened Sharkira songs was Our main concept is " COLOMBIA" Sharkira is the one of most famous singer from Colombia. Early evening we sometimes play special music video. I think when you visited us, we played Sharkira's concert video. We have many different types of Latin Music, Salsa, Merengue, Bacharta, Kumbia...etc.....Hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 9 August 2012

Me and my wife after exhausting day sightseeing Kuala Lumbpur were on our way to Hotel, and we stopped by to look who is singing so good. We discovered that in Yoko's restaurant were men singing Live by guitar ! That was really good singing , i guess something in spanish. That was a Columbian guy - who I guess is on of the restaurant staff responsible one for music, attractions and performance in restaurant ! There were few guys from visitors who were dancing and did really good in salsa! All the people that night had great time ! After we had couple of vine glasses we jumped in the dancing ! We did not tried food, but we got some snacks. The owner or manager Japanese lady were really nice, I even had a dance with her ! Big thanks to Columbia guy who made our night ! If you read this, we will visit Columbia, as promised ! Well if you are about dancing salsa and having fun for a night that is the place to visit !

Yokomargarita, Owner at Latin Tropical Yoko's, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Hi! It was quite sometime ago but I clearly remember both of you. Yes I am a Japanese woman who danced with you!! Hahaha! I also enjoyed that night. Thank you very much for visiting us. We made some renovation last year so the place looks more Latin now. Please visit us again if you have a chance or See you in Colombia(Colombian Musician says). Colombia is beautiful country. You should visit. Thanks again for your review on my outlet.

Reviewed 12 July 2012

They didn't even know how to prepare Mojito and gave this drink that tasted like gelatin.

Overpriced cocktails. Bad music.

Go someplace else.

2  Thank queen_tourist

I was very surprised to read your comment. Our bartender is experienced and had been trained by awarded Latin Barman. Our drinks includes cover charge after 12 am. So it may be a bit higher price but much cheaper than cover charge of other club. Many customers come for our special Latin music. If you don't like Latin music, my place may not be the place for you. Sorry for that our concept didn't suit to your tastes.