Impiana KLCC Hotel
Hilton Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
US$91
US$82
Hilton
  • Restaurant
Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
US$163
  • Restaurant
US$100
US$76
  • Fitness centre
Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
US$149
US$116
US$133
US$80
3,892 results
All reviewstonka beanclub towerpedestrian bridgepillow menutwin towersinfinity poolbukit bintangclub roomcovered walkwayconvention centerwelcome drinkpavilion mallexcellent locationstar hotelgrand hyattbuffet breakfastsuperior room
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I am here after an year (during which I stayed 100+ days at the Traders hotel nearby) and I find it terrible on all parameters.
- Internet service - non functional. This review is written on a tethered 3G connection that flies in comparison. it keeps disconnecting frequently. god forbid if you open >1 tab on your browser! In comparison, Mandarin Oriental and Traders are way ahead.
- Terrible desk phones + rude service. Firstly you are curtly reminded that you are only entitled to 3 bottles of water a day (unlike the above two hotels), i.e 1.05L - we had 2 instances of calling the operator using the speakerphone, they didnt hear us, and hung up in 10 seconds as they couldnt hear us, nor bothered to call us back!
- Crappy lower floors (last time I stayed in a nicer club room) - I'm now in level 5. Did I mention that there's one elevator from the lobby thats at one end of the looong corridor. Only two lifts serve these floors = delays.
- The room service menu is really sparse. The pizza we ordered was cheesy but the tomatoes underneath the cheese could do with more cooking!
- The last thing I liked here was the bits of Indian/vegetarian food in the breakfast menu, which has itself been ditched except the roti and the watery dal.
- There's little views of the twin towers from most hotel rooms.

The price here is only a few dollars lesser than the Traders, which offers a demonstrably higher level of customer service and all around finesse.

Room Tip: Nothing below the 8/9th floors. Do not take room numbers below 20 or so - or be prepared for a loong walk.
1  Thank maddash-traveler
KimLee013, Manager at Impiana KLCC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Mr. Maddash,

Warm Greetings from Impiana KLCC Hotel!

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are extremely sorry for the terrible stay you had with us. Our staff will be immediately re-briefed on giving quality service and in up keeping our F&B standard.

Your experience with us is something no guest should experience at a 4 star hotel. For that, we sincerely apologise once more. If it is not too much of an inconvenience, would it be possible for you to email me (kim.lee@impiana.com) or PM us your full name, room number and the dates you stayed with us? That way we will be able to track the rude staff who attended to you and the chef who cooked your pizza.

Hope that should you give us another chance, we will meet up to the standards of a 4 star hotel.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

My organization held an event at Impiana Hotel KLCC and the service provided by their banquet staff, Yoga, was exceptionally excellent. He was very attentive and always on stand by to provide anything I requested for in order to ensure my event was successful. Wana from the sales/ marketing department was also very helpful to advise me on what would work best for my event.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
KimLee013, Manager at Impiana KLCC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear lynlyn_chiki,

Warm Greetings from Impiana KLCC Hotel!

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are glad that your event went smoothly and we will convey your compliments to Wana and Yoga.
Though, if it is not too much trouble, could you please let us know how else we could improve since we see that you have given us only a 3 Star rating? My email address is kim.lee@impiana.com

Reviewed 18 March 2014

A great experience...The hotel is located within 5 min walk to the Petronas towers, the adjacent KLSS mall, and the metro station.. The rooftop pool is suck a welcome addition as you will need to cool off in thei hot and tropical environment, with its view of Petronas etc. Great service, big and comfy rooms; breakfast could use more varitey, but the top floor vista can not be beat.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear Mr. Tatun,

Warm Greetings from Impiana KLCC Hotel!

Thank you for your valuable review. We are pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay with us.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Stayed here 3 nights and had a great stay. The location is excellent and the staff try and accomadate any need you have. Our room included club access for tea and drinks. The only thaing i would say is that its not very friendly for families with children. They are not allowed into the club.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
KimLee013, Manager at Impiana KLCC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear TX_FLyer001,

Warm Greetings from Impiana KLCC Hotel!

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience cause to your family. It is the policy of our Club Lounge is only for only those above 16 to ensure that our club guests are not disturbed by young children. Nonetheless, the matter will be highlighted to the top management for review on the allowed age of admittance.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

All outdoor areas are full of smokers and it’s even allowed inside – e.g., near the lifts on level 1, so I had to pass through a cloud of smoke (including from cigars and shisha) to get between our conference room and the lifts or toilet, and there’s a tobacco lounge that is completely open to the lobby. Even in Asia I can’t think of a major hotel that I’ve been to that allowed indoor smoking in a central public area.

The service was poor by Malaysian standards, sometimes comically so. They delivered laundry to my room at 9:48pm. Using the business centre was a baffling ordeal (at the end of the ordeal, they supposedly emailed me a scanned document but it took 3 hours to arrive). Just finding staff in the bars and restaurants was a challenge. Checkout was very slow and when the staff member couldn’t understand me when I told them my room number in English, I told them my room number in Malaysian - it turned out that they didn't even speak Malaysian! Rooms are OK – they look nice, have a big desk and a decent bathroom (my first room had a walk-in shower that was very good but the second had a combined bath/shower with lower pressure and touchy temperature controls) – but they’re certainly a little old and tired. They put two small single beds together so you get a bed that’s wider than a king but so short that a 6ft person will have their feet hanging over the end. There was also excessive noise from upstairs due to water pipes and the thin wooden floors. There’s a shallow pool with a barren poolside area – the pool, as well as half the rooms, overlook the amazing pool at the Hyatt opposite, which will arouse your jealousy. Breakfast and lunch buffets were edible but surprisingly ordinary – e.g., the Asian foods were very bland and the salads were made with the cheapest possible ingredients like devon and chicken sausage. Note that they say they offer “Western Delights” breakfast on the 15th floor and “Asian Flavours” on the ground floor – there’s really no difference in the offerings, although the ground floor has a much bigger range. The a la carte food was better and the 15th floor bar is nice with good happy hours. The hotel’s in a good location with airconditioned skyways connecting it to Suria, Pavilion, Aquaria, etc. The free wifi was usually good but slowed to an unusable crawl a few times, including all of Friday night, which prevented me from doing some urgent work.

All up, I don’t ever want to stay here again and I don’t think it’s an acceptable business hotel. I was expecting it to be cheap, as my organisation’s pretty stingy, but it was actually RM487 a night including breakfast and lunch, so I can't see any point to staying here unless you’re a diehard smoker.

1  Thank mrdom

Dear Mr Dom,

Warm Greetings from Impiana KLCC Hotel!

Please accept our appreciation for your comments as your constructive feedback is important to us and it certainly helps us to further improve our services.

Looking at your detailed report, it is very unfortunate that our services were not up to the standards we are setting ourselves during your stay.
We will certainly have a in depth look in all matters you raised as we are usually proud of all the positive comments posted by our customers on tripadvisor.

Therefore, rest assured we are taking your feedback seriously in order to avoid a similar disappointment another time.

Yours sincerely,