4,303 results
All reviews tonka bean club tower twin towers pedestrian bridge pillow menu infinity pool bukit bintang covered walkway club room convention center excellent location pavilion mall welcome drink star hotel buffet breakfast grand hyatt superior room
Reviewed 7 September 2010

We found the Impiana to be just great. My fiance and I looked at similar hotels, but really wanted to go with a local chain. The value for your money here is fantastic. Our rooms were very neat, and extremely comfortable. The staff was very helpful and were able to help us plan other excursions around Malaysia with great recommendations. The breakfast (buffet) was delicious and had a great selection of both local and international foods. The free business center was very helpful, and the internet speed was very fast. The location is perfect, just around the corner from the Patronas Towers. I'm sure some rooms may even have a view of the towers. We would definitely recommend this hotel to other travelers, and look forward to staying here on our next trip to KL.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RSP510
Reviewed 6 September 2010

Spent 9 nights here for a relaxing getaway and for the close proximity to attractions. We arrived at the hotel at midnight, checked in and was told that our room wasn't ready (which I found odd as they knew our arrival time and I payed for the night stay) so they upgraded us to a deluxe room for the night. The receptionist was very kind and helpful which made our moods slightly better from the annoyance that our room wasn't ready. The deluxe room was spacious and very chic and clean but instead of having a queen bed, there were two king-singles pushed together - I wasn't very happy about that but it was temporary so I didn't complain. The next day, we were taken to the superior room we payed for and saw that it was much smaller than the deluxe, had a musty smell, and was right across from the construction (but it did have a queen bed). The noise was unbearable so they had given us the choice to stay in the deluxe room and we just took the offer - at least we could have a good night sleep!

The facilities were great! Loved the infinity pool - had a view of the twin towers and I found the contruction fascinating to watch so it didn't bother me. The gym was also handy and the spa was fantastic (a little overpriced but enjoyable and soooooo relaxing with beautiful decorations and furniture that really set the mood). There was free wifi in the lobby and free internet use in the business centre. The staff at the tourist info desk were very helpful and lovely. We booked a few tours with them and they also told us where to go for cheaper tour rates. The lobby staff always opened the front door and taxis for you with a big smile on their face :) The bufftet breakfast was the best! It included western hot food such bacon and eggs, waffles etc., continental breakfast, sushi, chinese porridge, nasi/mi goreng, roti as well as fruit and yoghurt, and coffee/tea stations - and many more!

The twin towers, Suria KLCC and Aquaria were only a 5 minute walk from the hotel and the Pavillion was approx. 8-10 mins walk. Bukkit Bintang is just a little further past Pavillion. All these main attractions were very convenient to get to by foot. The humidity may bother some people but it is much better than to walk, trust me. There is constantly bad traffic around the hotel. The subway is through Suria KLCC but the monorail station wasn't very close to hotel.

Overall, a fantastic experience. We loved the room (despite the drama), the facilities, the staff, and the location. Will definitely stay here again :)

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank getaway_lover98
Reviewed 4 September 2010

A friend and I spent 3 nights at the Impiana Hotel, to get a glimpse of Kuala Lumpur before setting off to see the rest of Malaysia.
Overall, hotel is recommended. Rooms are of a great standard - spacious and modern, along with a large bathroom. The front desk staff we encountered were average, however lobby/bar/restaurant staff were very helpful and professional. The breakfast that was included in room price was delicious.
The pool was lovely, with awesome views of the Twin Towers - however (sadly) construction currently going on across the road will soon spoil this!
(A note for tourists: KL City Centre is possibly not the best area to stay - not much around the area, other than a couple of shopping centres and the Twin Towers. No restaurant/bar scene whatsoever. Would recommend to stay in the areas around Bukit Bintang - where we seemed to end up every night for dinner/drinks. It was only a short/cheap taxi ride, however in hindsight, I would have preferred to be within walking distance of this area. This is NOT to reflect on my stay at Impiana however - it was MY mistake choosing a hotel in the wrong area for my tastes).
However - if you are looking for a great hotel in KL City Centre, I would highly recommend Impiana Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank liss0502
Reviewed 31 August 2010

It is a really friendly hotel and every request is taken into consideration and dealt with. There is free internet, a great breakfast catering for all tastes, even sushi is available, Nice pool and good position, near to Petronas, especially when you want to visit them. a 7 o clock wake up as tickets are given out at 8 30 and there is a long queue.
We were given an up grade as they had only a double room instead we preferred single beds.
Free internet too, which is a real treat in malaysia, not so common in hotels

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Petercrumpet
Reviewed 31 August 2010

When we cleared the customs at the LCC-T airport, we headed straight to the taxi booth with the yellow sign board, as recommended by Lonely Planet. The trip to Impiana KLCC Hotel is MYR74 for the budget taxi. The staff issued me a taxi voucher. The staff did not even tell me where to board the taxi! Just outside of the airport, I had to ask for direcitons, and a private taxi driver was very kind to point me the location to board my taxi. It's at the other end of the airport. The hourney took about 45 mins from LCC-T to Impiana KLCC Hotel.

When I reached Impiana KLCC Hotel at 2pm for check-in, I was told that my Deluxe Room was not ready, because the previous guests just checked out. When I enquired when my room can be ready, the receptionist told me she does not know. She said that I may approach the counter again to try to check-in at a later time. Again, I asked her what will be a suitable time, and she again replied that she does not know. How about 3.30pm, I asked. She replied that I can try but no guarantee. Shouldn't the hotel disallow the previous guests to check out so late, knowing that the next guests are checking in at 2pm?

Upon entering the room, I was very impressed by the good quality finishings. The room is very clean and the layout is that of a business hotel room. I love the big writing desk! The King-sized bed was very huge! My toddler had plenty of space to toss and turn in between my wife and me at night! There are numerous light points in room, with several of them serving as asthetic lights, creating cosy ambience at night.

The Deluxe Room offers more space for us to move about in the room. The bay window was very nice to sit on, while having a view at the Petronas Towers, and the infinity pool below.

The cable broadband is free in the room. Guests have to borrow the LAN cable at the reception counter. However, it can be difficult to connect. I just keep clicking refresh several times before getting connected.

The entrance to the pool has a very cosy ambience. There is an air-con indoor bar area just before one steps out onto the pool area. This bar area serves as a very good relaxation place, especially when I wanted to avoid the mosquitoes at the pool. The infinity pool is simply relaxing, with views of the Petronas Towers and KL Observation Tower. However, the nearby Hilton Hotel construction spoils parts of the view.

The buffett breakfast is of high quality. The various food served is delicious and refined. My favourite is the wafer with peanut butter and pancake syrup, and the prawn noodles. However, the cafe is too packed with tables and chairs; quite difficult to get in and out of my seat. The decor at the cafe is very nice.

Impiana KLCC Hotel's location is smacked in the middle of nowhere. The nearest subway is KLCC station, and the nearst monorial station is Raja Chulan. Both are about 10-15 minutes on foot. Also, the nearest shopping mall is Suria KLCC, which is 10 minutes away. There are neither hawker fares nor restaurants near the hotel, except for the hotel's cafe and restaurant. The location is good for businessmen, but not families with young children. Contrast this to Berjaya Hotel, which has a very good location to the Bejaya shopping centre, and plentiful of restaurants and hawker fares nearby. Also, the nearest monorial station, Imbi station, is just outside of the hotel. Very good for families with young children.

There are multiple construction sites at KL city. Hence, the city can be dusty, noisy, and at times dangerous because some lorries are parked indiscimately near the construction sites, and other lorries are moving in and out of the sites. We had to be very careful when walking even on the pedestrian pavements beside the roads.

The concierge can be pushy when I asked the staff about land tranport from the hotel to the LCC-T. My wife's friend mentioned that street taxis cost MYR60+. The concierge staff's first recommendation was the hotel's limo which cost MYR100+. Then, he offered to book a taxi for me MYR90+. When I asked him about street taxi, he said it is MYR80+. I then decided to try another mode of transport. We walked to the KLCC subway station, passing through Suria KLCC shopping centre. We took the subway to KL Sentral. Then, we bought the KL Transit tickets to LCC-T. At the station, we saw the KL Express train, and not the KL Transit train. Upon enquiring, we were told that this is the KL Transit train; the difference is "the body" of the train. So, we are to take this train, actually. It can be confusing taking the train. Do note that the KL Trainsit train travels from KL Sentral to Salak Tinggi station, and once we are there, we are to alight and transfer to a coach to LCC-T. However, the counter staff at KL Sentral forgot to issue us the coach tickets. So, at Salak Tinggi, I had to explain to the staff there a few times that I bought the tickets at KL Sentral and the price includes the coach ride. The train ride was fast, but the coach ride was very long.

Overall, Impiana KLCC Hotel is elegant, has good quality finishings, and good value for money. However, the location is more suitable for businessmen.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family