4,235 results
All reviewstonka beanclub towertwin towerspedestrian bridgepillow menuinfinity poolbukit bintangcovered walkwayclub roomconvention centerexcellent locationpavilion mallwelcome drinkstar hotelbuffet breakfastgrand hyattsuperior room
Reviewed 23 September 2010

Just check out of the Impiana after staying for a short stop over on our way to Singapore. The hotel is fantastic value for money considering the location and the standard of service.

Location: First up this property is conveniently located near the KL Convention Centre, near Suria KLCC Shopping Centre and therefore near to the Petronas Twin Towers. It is also only a short walk (5-10mins) to the Pavillion Shopping Centre and the Bukit Bintang Area, so for a tourist wanting sightseeing this is a great spot. It is a bit of a business district so no fancy clubs or disco bar - but if your not into that you wont miss anything.

Check-In: On arrival we were greeted by the helpful concierge staff who took care of our bags while we went up to the check in counter. A helpful staff member brought us a nice chilled tea and another brough us a cold fresh towel to wipe down after a long flight and a particularly humid afternoon. Can't fault the check in

Room: We booked the cheapest possible room, so wasn't particularly expecting miracles, we were located on Level 4, which is the same level as the Spa/Pool/Gym, but don't worry you can't hear them - the rooms are in a separate area. See the pictures - the room was fantastic, better than I had expected considering the low price, and better than I have had from much higher paid hotels.

It had all the usual things you expect - Huge comfy bed, writting desk, LCD TV, in-room safe, robes, lots and lots of hanging space. Bathroom was pretty well appointed, bath/shower combined, with a good massage shower head. Free Internet in the room - but you just need to bring your own Ethernet Cable or you can borrow one from reception.

Breakfast: Our room rate included the buffet breakfast, it was a good typical Malaysian hotel breakfast, with many local offerings as well as standard international fare. Note: Due to Malaysian culture there is no Pork (Bacon) but honestly you don't miss it. We had some really nice Roti which was prepared while we waited by a very friendly chef.

Overall: There had been some pretty negative reviews in the past, maybe being from Australia we were not expecting much (Australian hotels are not that good) but the Impiana met and exceeded everything I expected, they treated me with respect and made me feel like a VIP, the room was clean and comfortable - what more could you really ask for?

PS. Also yes there is a great deal of construction going on around the Hotel, we were not disturbed at all during our stay, so can't really comment on that, but it certainly makes the pool area a little less relaxing.

If we come back to KL I will definately be trying to get into the Impiana.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MaverickRoss
Reviewed 11 September 2010

We booked superior room and stayed for 5 days. Our room was spotless, spacious and modern. The staff was very kind to help us organize our excursion. The location was great and we got to actractions on foot. The breakfast was wonderful, food was very good and spectacular. We felt comfortable and definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HirimNurliana
Reviewed 7 September 2010

We found the Impiana to be just great. My fiance and I looked at similar hotels, but really wanted to go with a local chain. The value for your money here is fantastic. Our rooms were very neat, and extremely comfortable. The staff was very helpful and were able to help us plan other excursions around Malaysia with great recommendations. The breakfast (buffet) was delicious and had a great selection of both local and international foods. The free business center was very helpful, and the internet speed was very fast. The location is perfect, just around the corner from the Patronas Towers. I'm sure some rooms may even have a view of the towers. We would definitely recommend this hotel to other travelers, and look forward to staying here on our next trip to KL.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RSP510
Reviewed 6 September 2010

Spent 9 nights here for a relaxing getaway and for the close proximity to attractions. We arrived at the hotel at midnight, checked in and was told that our room wasn't ready (which I found odd as they knew our arrival time and I payed for the night stay) so they upgraded us to a deluxe room for the night. The receptionist was very kind and helpful which made our moods slightly better from the annoyance that our room wasn't ready. The deluxe room was spacious and very chic and clean but instead of having a queen bed, there were two king-singles pushed together - I wasn't very happy about that but it was temporary so I didn't complain. The next day, we were taken to the superior room we payed for and saw that it was much smaller than the deluxe, had a musty smell, and was right across from the construction (but it did have a queen bed). The noise was unbearable so they had given us the choice to stay in the deluxe room and we just took the offer - at least we could have a good night sleep!

The facilities were great! Loved the infinity pool - had a view of the twin towers and I found the contruction fascinating to watch so it didn't bother me. The gym was also handy and the spa was fantastic (a little overpriced but enjoyable and soooooo relaxing with beautiful decorations and furniture that really set the mood). There was free wifi in the lobby and free internet use in the business centre. The staff at the tourist info desk were very helpful and lovely. We booked a few tours with them and they also told us where to go for cheaper tour rates. The lobby staff always opened the front door and taxis for you with a big smile on their face :) The bufftet breakfast was the best! It included western hot food such bacon and eggs, waffles etc., continental breakfast, sushi, chinese porridge, nasi/mi goreng, roti as well as fruit and yoghurt, and coffee/tea stations - and many more!

The twin towers, Suria KLCC and Aquaria were only a 5 minute walk from the hotel and the Pavillion was approx. 8-10 mins walk. Bukkit Bintang is just a little further past Pavillion. All these main attractions were very convenient to get to by foot. The humidity may bother some people but it is much better than to walk, trust me. There is constantly bad traffic around the hotel. The subway is through Suria KLCC but the monorail station wasn't very close to hotel.

Overall, a fantastic experience. We loved the room (despite the drama), the facilities, the staff, and the location. Will definitely stay here again :)

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank getaway_lover98
Reviewed 4 September 2010

A friend and I spent 3 nights at the Impiana Hotel, to get a glimpse of Kuala Lumpur before setting off to see the rest of Malaysia.
Overall, hotel is recommended. Rooms are of a great standard - spacious and modern, along with a large bathroom. The front desk staff we encountered were average, however lobby/bar/restaurant staff were very helpful and professional. The breakfast that was included in room price was delicious.
The pool was lovely, with awesome views of the Twin Towers - however (sadly) construction currently going on across the road will soon spoil this!
(A note for tourists: KL City Centre is possibly not the best area to stay - not much around the area, other than a couple of shopping centres and the Twin Towers. No restaurant/bar scene whatsoever. Would recommend to stay in the areas around Bukit Bintang - where we seemed to end up every night for dinner/drinks. It was only a short/cheap taxi ride, however in hindsight, I would have preferred to be within walking distance of this area. This is NOT to reflect on my stay at Impiana however - it was MY mistake choosing a hotel in the wrong area for my tastes).
However - if you are looking for a great hotel in KL City Centre, I would highly recommend Impiana Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends