“Don't Go There!”

Ranked #41 of 341 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Melbourne, Australia
“Don't Go There!”
Reviewed 6 October 2010

Worst Hotel I have ever stayed in and I have stayed in a few. Smallest queen size beds..my feet hung over the edge and I am only 160cm. When I queried the size (I thought it was a double) was told that is normal size for Asia...everywhere I have been provide a king bed..go figure that one. Bathroom was filthy...mould in the grout and around the bath, toilet not clean, random housekeeping, somedays we would get a face cloth and toiletries replenished and other days not! Newspaper some days and again not. Forget the pilllow menu..eye pillow never available and I reserved it everyday. Breakfast was cold no matter what time you went for it and if you arrived an hour before it finished they didn't replace any of the food..not good enough. Tiles around pool were mouldy. I could go on and on. I am not a whinger but I would not recommend this hotel. I even wrote to the management and told them of my concerns...as yet I am still waiting for a reply. That says it all...they just don't care. On a positive note I did stay at the Impiana in Phuket and found it to be very good.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gillie G
MundoGrando, General Manager at Impiana KLCC Hotel, responded to this review, 14 October 2010
Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for spending some of your precious time to write and share your recent experience at our Hotel.

I have taken note on your comments on the unavailability of room upon check in as well as cleanliness of the room. I agree that our Front Office team should have planned the arrivals for the day better to ensure all our guests are allocated rooms based on their requirements. In terms of the cleanliness of the room, I have spoken to our Executive Housekeeper and she is currently looking into the matter to ascertain the root cause. Rooms that are dirty is definitely not acceptable. I wish to share with you that we are currently closing our rooms floor by floor to carry out thorough room maintenance and spring cleaning.

I personally apologize for the disturbing noises you experienced due to the construction outside the hotel and I personally appreciate your valuable feedback through this survey, so we as hotel operator can continuously improve our service delivery to exceed our guests’ expectations.

We do hope to welcome you back to Impiana KLCC Hotel in the not too distant future.

Regards,
Sean SL Choo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed 5 October 2010

I heard this hotel from my sister who studied in Malaysia...I never heard it before...but my sister convinces me that this is a good and clean hotel as she once had an temporary office event there. and hoolaa...i booked online this hotel for 2 night consisting of 1 superior room (for me and my husband) and 1 deluxe room (for my granny, mom and sister, plus the extra bed).

What can i say about this hotel? ... from the location...it is superb...nearby anywhere..especially to the Petronas tower as we can walk through the mandarin oriental hotel. it is also near the bukit bintang area,...so u dont have to worry for getting there without using any transportation, u can reach it by 10 minutes walk :D.

The room...i really like the interior..and the bed...it is so comfy.. u'll get the large room for only booking the superior room...but if you want to have more relative in your room, u should book the deluxe one, as the extra bed is not allowed in superior room. as for the cleanliness, impiana klcc has standard value i think...it is clean indeed...

for the service, one thing that i kind of disappointed is that i have to wait for having the deluxe room been prepared. i check in early at 10.00 and i drop off my suitcases and went to putrajaya...i think it took 4-5 hours and when i came back to the hotel, the deluxe room was still being prepared and i have to put all the suitcases in my superior room. Then, i have to wait (luckily not that long) for another room being prepared so that my granny and my mom can move there.

But overall...i can say that Impiana KLCC is a great hotel...i consider to come back to this hotel again if i have a chance to go to Kuala Lumpur.

Regards,

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Albany, Australia
Reviewed 4 October 2010

Stayed at the Impiana for 4 nights. The staff were helpful and friendly and the room was excellent. It is a 2 minute walk to the twin towers so getting a ticket to go on the sky bridge was easy. My partner went at 7.30am to que for the tickets. It meant we got to choose what time we went on the bridge. You could go at 8.30am when they start giving out the tickets if you didn't mind what time you visited the bridge.

The hotel was a 5 minute walk to the Pavillion.

Our room was next door to the construction work so there was noise from 8am to around 6pm. Hotel staff said 8pm but they seemed to stop earlier. It didn't matter because we were out all day.

Our room was big and clean and welcoming after a day of site seeing. The pool was nice and open until 9pm.

Excellent value for money.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Belle82
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 2 October 2010

The ambience was very good security was great. Very decent hotel to stay with family.
Caught up on much needed sleep no disturbance what so ever. No loud music

Great place to stay with kids very close to petronas tower. The Junior suit was very well done. DVD player was provided in the room good music system.

I the heart of the city

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank uvama
Ipoh
Reviewed 2 October 2010

I stayed here 2 years ago, twice that year, and i had really good experience with the service and room quality, clean and trendy

However it was a real let down this time.
The toilet was so dirty, with moss (black) growing at the corners of the bath tub and shower and soap dish...eww...

The quality of the toilet amenities has change (to worse) as well....

I made an early check out and shifted to another hotel.

However the staff are still very polite and helpful.

Breakfast was so-so only

In short, the management should really look into the cleanliness of the hotel rooms.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Varnteing
Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed 30 September 2010

I could not fault this hotel, everything excellent.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank terimakasih50
Pune
Reviewed 27 September 2010

Everything about the stay at Impiana was simply - excellent!!.
Although the resular check-in time is 1400 hrs we were allowed to check-in as early as 0800 hrs when requested at no extra charge.simply good.The rooms are very good my room had direct view to the Twin Towers!! Service is fast and the hotel staff is really helpful.needed a fund trabsfer urgently and they provided so on sunday (a closed day for business at their business center). The Hotel is just 4-5 mins walk to Twin Towers and Suria KLCC Shopping Mall.It is at the hreat of the city and with such good price tag.Highly recommended.Have decided will always stay at Impiana whenever I am here in the future.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple