“Very Average”
Review of Impiana KLCC Hotel

Impiana KLCC Hotel
Ranked #41 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 9 October 2010

I stayed 4 nights with my husband in sept 2010. We checked in around 1am to be told the room I had booked (deluxe king/petrona towers view) was not available until the following day and to check with them after 2pm to change over. Fair enough. Anyway they give us a room on the 10th floor which is a smelly, smoking floor and two single beds pushed together. Open the curtin and our lovely view is of a building and debris. Take deep breaths I thought. Change into my pjs, open the covers and what comes out to greet me? a damn cockroach! Following afternoon I check to see if my room is ready, It's not. I demand to be placed in the room I had booked 1 mth prior. I explained to them at the time of booking it stated the room I booked WAS available and so it should be! FINALLY and manager changes my room! On a positive note, rooms are spacious but has a cold feeling about them. There was always an odd smell when you walked through the door not to sure if that has something to do with the a/c or humidity. Lovely lobby, and thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast buffet which was part of the room package. staff were friendly and courteous. I never used the pool but did use the gym which was good. No complaints there. There is construction of the Grand Hyatt across from the hotel but funnily enough you dont seem to hear the noise. You hear more noise from the drill inside the actual hotel! personally wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
MundoGrando, General Manager at Impiana KLCC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2010

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for spending some of your precious time to write and share your recent experience at our Hotel.

I have taken note on your comments on the bed type, bathroom cleanliness and amenities provided in the room as well as the insufficient breakfast setup at Tonka Bean. I have reviewed and discussed with my team and will definitely improve appropriately.
I personally apologize for the inconveniences you encountered and I appreciate your valuable feedback through this survey, so we as hotel operator can continuously improve our service delivery to exceed our guests’ expectations.

We do hope to welcome you back to Impiana KLCC Hotel in the not too distant future.

Sean SL Choo

Write a ReviewReviews (3,461)

Reviewed 7 October 2010

Good hotel in a good location within the centre of Kuala Lumpur. Good size rooms with good toiletries & drinks making facilities. Within walking distance of many attractions and the monorail. Across from the Petronia Towers. Didn't use the restaurant as it was full every night due to Ramadam but looked very clean and the fact it was full with locals can only be a good endorsement.

2  Thank judita121
Reviewed 6 October 2010

Worst Hotel I have ever stayed in and I have stayed in a few. Smallest queen size beds..my feet hung over the edge and I am only 160cm. When I queried the size (I thought it was a double) was told that is normal size for Asia...everywhere I have been provide a king bed..go figure that one. Bathroom was filthy...mould in the grout and around the bath, toilet not clean, random housekeeping, somedays we would get a face cloth and toiletries replenished and other days not! Newspaper some days and again not. Forget the pilllow menu..eye pillow never available and I reserved it everyday. Breakfast was cold no matter what time you went for it and if you arrived an hour before it finished they didn't replace any of the food..not good enough. Tiles around pool were mouldy. I could go on and on. I am not a whinger but I would not recommend this hotel. I even wrote to the management and told them of my concerns...as yet I am still waiting for a reply. That says it all...they just don't care. On a positive note I did stay at the Impiana in Phuket and found it to be very good.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gillie G

Dear Sir or Madam,

I have taken note on your comments on the unavailability of room upon check in as well as cleanliness of the room. I agree that our Front Office team should have planned the arrivals for the day better to ensure all our guests are allocated rooms based on their requirements. In terms of the cleanliness of the room, I have spoken to our Executive Housekeeper and she is currently looking into the matter to ascertain the root cause. Rooms that are dirty is definitely not acceptable. I wish to share with you that we are currently closing our rooms floor by floor to carry out thorough room maintenance and spring cleaning.

I personally apologize for the disturbing noises you experienced due to the construction outside the hotel and I personally appreciate your valuable feedback through this survey, so we as hotel operator can continuously improve our service delivery to exceed our guests’ expectations.

Sean SL Choo

Reviewed 5 October 2010

I heard this hotel from my sister who studied in Malaysia...I never heard it before...but my sister convinces me that this is a good and clean hotel as she once had an temporary office event there. and hoolaa...i booked online this hotel for 2 night consisting of 1 superior room (for me and my husband) and 1 deluxe room (for my granny, mom and sister, plus the extra bed).

What can i say about this hotel? ... from the location...it is superb...nearby anywhere..especially to the Petronas tower as we can walk through the mandarin oriental hotel. it is also near the bukit bintang area,...so u dont have to worry for getting there without using any transportation, u can reach it by 10 minutes walk :D.

The room...i really like the interior..and the bed...it is so comfy.. u'll get the large room for only booking the superior room...but if you want to have more relative in your room, u should book the deluxe one, as the extra bed is not allowed in superior room. as for the cleanliness, impiana klcc has standard value i think...it is clean indeed...

for the service, one thing that i kind of disappointed is that i have to wait for having the deluxe room been prepared. i check in early at 10.00 and i drop off my suitcases and went to putrajaya...i think it took 4-5 hours and when i came back to the hotel, the deluxe room was still being prepared and i have to put all the suitcases in my superior room. Then, i have to wait (luckily not that long) for another room being prepared so that my granny and my mom can move there.

But overall...i can say that Impiana KLCC is a great hotel...i consider to come back to this hotel again if i have a chance to go to Kuala Lumpur.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2010

Stayed at the Impiana for 4 nights. The staff were helpful and friendly and the room was excellent. It is a 2 minute walk to the twin towers so getting a ticket to go on the sky bridge was easy. My partner went at 7.30am to que for the tickets. It meant we got to choose what time we went on the bridge. You could go at 8.30am when they start giving out the tickets if you didn't mind what time you visited the bridge.

The hotel was a 5 minute walk to the Pavillion.

Our room was next door to the construction work so there was noise from 8am to around 6pm. Hotel staff said 8pm but they seemed to stop earlier. It didn't matter because we were out all day.

Our room was big and clean and welcoming after a day of site seeing. The pool was nice and open until 9pm.

Excellent value for money.

1  Thank Belle82
Reviewed 2 October 2010

The ambience was very good security was great. Very decent hotel to stay with family.
Caught up on much needed sleep no disturbance what so ever. No loud music

Great place to stay with kids very close to petronas tower. The Junior suit was very well done. DVD player was provided in the room good music system.

I the heart of the city

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank uvama
Reviewed 2 October 2010

I stayed here 2 years ago, twice that year, and i had really good experience with the service and room quality, clean and trendy

However it was a real let down this time.
The toilet was so dirty, with moss (black) growing at the corners of the bath tub and shower and soap dish...eww...

The quality of the toilet amenities has change (to worse) as well....

I made an early check out and shifted to another hotel.

However the staff are still very polite and helpful.

Breakfast was so-so only

In short, the management should really look into the cleanliness of the hotel rooms.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business