“Nice hotel”

Ranked #37 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Palm Beach, FL.
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed 18 October 2010

Stayed here for one night for a layover. The location is very good. Right down the street from the Petronas Towers and a huge shopping mall. The staff were very friendly and efficient. The room was quiet,clean and a nice size. Overall a good experience would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank rafelmt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 18 October 2010

My wife and I stayed in the Impiana for 4 nights. The location is within walking distance of the major shopping malls, albeit further than other hotels. The distance was not a problem, and we used the Petronas Towers as our nearby landmark.

As with all of Malaysia, we found the staff courteous and friendly, however we found the housekeeping in our room inconsistent and disconcerting:
1. There was an obvious leak under the bathroom sink which we reported on day 1. It was never fixed.
2. There was no complimentary water left for us on day 2
3. We were asked to pay for a green tea at breakfast
4. On one day, the room was not made up until after 3.30pm.
5. A dirty plate and cutlery was not cleared from the room on another
6. On one day, the second coffee cup was not replaced; there was no new face washer; nor a second hand towel
7. The glass in the sliding door to the bathroom looks like it has just come from a construction site, and appears never to have been cleaned.

Hopefully, this may be constructive feedback to the hotel where it is more likely that the housekeeping staff are not adequately trained, rather than that they could not care.

Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Vancouver
Reviewed 14 October 2010

I enjoyed my 3 night stay at Impiana KLCC. It was walking distance from shopping and food. The bedrooms and bathrooms were huge and luxurious. The hotel provided lots of toiletries. They also provided free internet. Wifi is available in the lobby, but you can ask for wire to connect to internet in the rooms. Staff was friendly and helpful. There was lots of construction around the hotel, but it didn't bother me during my stay there, still slept like a baby. Also lots of commotion going on around the hotel due to the construction of nearby buildings. Not a big deal in my eyes.

Definitely would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Melisa C
coimbatore
Reviewed 13 October 2010

This wonderful hotel is very close to the Petronas tower and Suria Klcc. The breakfast spread is good. The quality of the hotel is excellent.The bedding was big enough for three of us.Transportation was available at the doorstep .would recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 9 October 2010

I stayed 4 nights with my husband in sept 2010. We checked in around 1am to be told the room I had booked (deluxe king/petrona towers view) was not available until the following day and to check with them after 2pm to change over. Fair enough. Anyway they give us a room on the 10th floor which is a smelly, smoking floor and two single beds pushed together. Open the curtin and our lovely view is of a building and debris. Take deep breaths I thought. Change into my pjs, open the covers and what comes out to greet me? a damn cockroach! Following afternoon I check to see if my room is ready, It's not. I demand to be placed in the room I had booked 1 mth prior. I explained to them at the time of booking it stated the room I booked WAS available and so it should be! FINALLY and manager changes my room! On a positive note, rooms are spacious but has a cold feeling about them. There was always an odd smell when you walked through the door not to sure if that has something to do with the a/c or humidity. Lovely lobby, and thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast buffet which was part of the room package. staff were friendly and courteous. I never used the pool but did use the gym which was good. No complaints there. There is construction of the Grand Hyatt across from the hotel but funnily enough you dont seem to hear the noise. You hear more noise from the drill inside the actual hotel! personally wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
MundoGrando, General Manager at Impiana KLCC Hotel, responded to this review, 14 October 2010
Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for spending some of your precious time to write and share your recent experience at our Hotel.

I have taken note on your comments on the bed type, bathroom cleanliness and amenities provided in the room as well as the insufficient breakfast setup at Tonka Bean. I have reviewed and discussed with my team and will definitely improve appropriately.
I personally apologize for the inconveniences you encountered and I appreciate your valuable feedback through this survey, so we as hotel operator can continuously improve our service delivery to exceed our guests’ expectations.

We do hope to welcome you back to Impiana KLCC Hotel in the not too distant future.

Regards,
Sean SL Choo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2010

Good hotel in a good location within the centre of Kuala Lumpur. Good size rooms with good toiletries & drinks making facilities. Within walking distance of many attractions and the monorail. Across from the Petronia Towers. Didn't use the restaurant as it was full every night due to Ramadam but looked very clean and the fact it was full with locals can only be a good endorsement.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank judita121
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 6 October 2010

Worst Hotel I have ever stayed in and I have stayed in a few. Smallest queen size beds..my feet hung over the edge and I am only 160cm. When I queried the size (I thought it was a double) was told that is normal size for Asia...everywhere I have been provide a king bed..go figure that one. Bathroom was filthy...mould in the grout and around the bath, toilet not clean, random housekeeping, somedays we would get a face cloth and toiletries replenished and other days not! Newspaper some days and again not. Forget the pilllow menu..eye pillow never available and I reserved it everyday. Breakfast was cold no matter what time you went for it and if you arrived an hour before it finished they didn't replace any of the food..not good enough. Tiles around pool were mouldy. I could go on and on. I am not a whinger but I would not recommend this hotel. I even wrote to the management and told them of my concerns...as yet I am still waiting for a reply. That says it all...they just don't care. On a positive note I did stay at the Impiana in Phuket and found it to be very good.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gillie G
Dear Sir or Madam,

I have taken note on your comments on the unavailability of room upon check in as well as cleanliness of the room. I agree that our Front Office team should have planned the arrivals for the day better to ensure all our guests are allocated rooms based on their requirements. In terms of the cleanliness of the room, I have spoken to our Executive Housekeeper and she is currently looking into the matter to ascertain the root cause. Rooms that are dirty is definitely not acceptable. I wish to share with you that we are currently closing our rooms floor by floor to carry out thorough room maintenance and spring cleaning.

I personally apologize for the disturbing noises you experienced due to the construction outside the hotel and I personally appreciate your valuable feedback through this survey, so we as hotel operator can continuously improve our service delivery to exceed our guests’ expectations.

Regards,