“Meets Expectations”

Ranked #73 of 340 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Batangas City, Philippines
“Meets Expectations”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2011

The Novotel KL's biggest plus point is its location between the shopping and food hub that is the Bukit Bintang area and KLCC (more shopping) and the Petronas Twin Towers. The Pavillion shopping mall is just across the road via pedestrian overpass. Apart from the convenient location, there is really nothing extraordinary about the Novotel. Service was passable; check-in was prompt and I was given a room a couple of hours earlier than the appointed check-in time of 2 PM. Breakfast as with most KL hotels is not really good value. The spread is not extensive enough and given the wealth of options available nearby is perhaps best skipped. Though if you are fond of croissants, then the Novotel does live up to its French origins. The room as with the hotel overall is clean and presentable; fairly functional but nothing more. I would recommend this hotel if pretty much all you expect is a clean bed and room to sleep in at night and a convenient location to use as base for exploring the city during the day.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2011

Hotel was located in a good location. Very near to Pavillion Mall. We were given a corner tiny room nearest to the lift at 12th floor. Room was all right, however, during the night we learnt that the bed was very hard that we woke up with a sore hip. Hotel was just all right. Nothing really stood out. Booked the room with breakfast, but upon entering the coffee house, was told that the breakfast only applies for 1 person. Shouldn't it be standard for 2?

1 Thank Bananatropical
Koh Samui
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2011

Being a Platinum A-Club member of Accor Hotels, I got "ZERO" benefits from that strange overpriced hotel. Moreover the staff at Reception and at a bad organized Executive Floor lied to me looking right into my eyes that NO Junior Suite room was available to upgrade me, according to my privileges. I tried to check availability of a Junior Suite room online (www.accorhotels.com) on the same dates that I supposed to stay in Novotel and I was offered to book Junior Suite no problem. The staff told me that there was a problem in booking system. I needed an extra bed for a 3rd person: they forced me to buy another room instead (it was Executive Twin that was not available for online booking). Only one person I can recommend there is Ann Unji supervisor from Executive lounge. She was very helpful and nice to me.
Room was old, middle sized. I would say suitable for 3* hotel but not for Novotel Executive floor. Food was not bad, including many kinds of cheese and so on.

1 Thank gennady30

Travellers are raving about these Kuala Lumpur hotels

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2011

Very nice stay in this hotel especially the Family room. Enough for 2 kids and 2 adults. Had breakfast at the executive lounge with privacy especially with young kids.They can be rowdy especially boys. Will surely come back again.

One more plus points - very convenient location in the city

Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Nelson-Tasman Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2011

A-Club Member, showed evidence of same at check in, which should have accorded me a much more courteous service upon check in.

Arrived early evening hot and tired, the Male staff member who completed my check in was most unhelpful, he seemed unable, or unwilling to answer my questions and what he did answer I didn't easily understand because of his accent.

The room, 512, as allocated did not seem to fit the booking description, Which I queried there and then, however this was not changed, WI FI was included, and provided in my package.

512 turned out OK, room was very clean (although a little tired) bed very comfortable with clean linen , minimal traffic noise in spite of overlooking busy road, minimal noise form hall outside, and no nose from hotel services (ie.plumbing).
I returned to reception next morning, talked to a Female staff member whom was most cautious .
Staff courtesy, Door, Concierge, Bar, Restaurant, back of Office (used security box) and Housekeeping was excellent during the rest of my stay.

The breakfast quality did somewhat vary the 5 days of my stay.

The proximity of Pavilion Shopping Center is a bonus, turn left after exiting hotel entrance taking stairs to covered walkway which leads variety Specialty Shops, Picture Theater's, Clubs, Supermarket, great Food Hall, plus Many more Restaurants about center.

Back in Australia I did have to request by e-mail Novotel provide details to A-Club to enable allocation of loyalty points to my account.
My e-mail was replied to promptly, I received e-mail updates from several heads of department, on the progress of my claim, all could have been avoided if my check in was handed efficiently.

I would probably would stay Novotel KL CC again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank MikeQldAustralia
Tawau Division, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2011

Location is great. Easy access to shopping mall and great food.

However, room size and facilities is not value for the $$$.

Services so-so, as promised for a room with KLCC view, yes it is, just a small angle from the side window where me and my wife can view the KLCC. Feeling being cheated!! I rate the service is bad for this.

Vacation with wife on Feb 2009

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank zhangzhao
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2011

I want to have a better room so I did pay for it. We stayed an excutive floor but it was not reached my expectation. The room is just OK, but the washroom is not that clean and kind of old. And I can hear the water running upstairs clearly in the middle of the night. So, this is kind of annoying. One thing is perfect is the location.