“Accessible”

Hotel Novotel Kuala Lumpur City Centre
Ranked #73 of 348 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 9 August 2014

The hotel rooms are OK, not really great. Service is OK too. But the location of the hotel is what you will really appreciate. It is close to everything, I mean walking distance to shopping malls, food, Petronas Towers and train stations. There's nothing you can really ask for :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
NovotelKLCC, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Kuala Lumpur City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2014

Dear Zhei,
We enjoyed learning about your wonderful experience during your stay at Novotel KL. We are delighted to read how much you enjoyed our location. Look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I stayed for 3 nights from 1st - 4th August. My first encounter was when I called the hotel to let them know that I will be checking in late and the staff on the phone took quite some time to understand and acknowledge this. At that point I wondered why that was even so difficult.
When I arrived to check in that night, the lady at the front desk was rude, did not greet/smile and did not go into providing any further information about the hotel. She just gave me my room card so that I could be on my way. I am an Accor Club Platinum member and not that I need any special treatment, but she gave not just no service, but bad service.
The room that I got was terrible. Firstly the toilet did not flush, there was a constant sound that rattled from the airconditioning unit which blew hot and cold the entire night. I called the front desk to tell them about the toilet and requested to change the room only to be told that they can get a maintenance person to take a look but this was a midnight! It sounded like the same lady that checked me in and I told her that I would just stay in there for the night as I was tired from the full day of travelling but will need a room change the following morning.
The next morning I spoke to another lady at the front desk who was more understanding and changed the room for me which was a huge improvement because by this point was I ready to check out. I asked to inspect the room beforehand and was escorted by one of the staff there. He asked if I was ready to move my belongings and I told him that I still needed 10 minutes to pack and so he politely asked if I could move them myself. I said fine but was surprised that he did not oblige.
I ordered room service once, placed an order for a 'Beef Ginger', and 20minutes later got a call to clarify my order! They asked if I had ordered a Ginger Beer and when I tried to tell them it was Beef Ginger they said they had no such thing on the menu. I then had to guide them to the page that I read it on until they realized.
I don't know what is wrong with the staff here but they seem oblivious to the needs of the guests and I am not somebody who needs much attention at all. The only good thing I can say about this hotel is its location. Apart from that this, I must say that this would be one of the worst hotels that I have ever stayed in and it should not even bear the Novotel brand as it is so misleading.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
NovotelKLCC, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Kuala Lumpur City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear DD2513,
thank you for submitting your review and bringing it to our immediate attention. We are sorry to hear that you rated us "underwhelming" and that our service staff was not up to standard. As a Platinum Card member your needs definitely deserved our utmost attention and priority, a welcoming smile is the least you could have gotten. This issue has been forwarded to the Housekeeping, Front Office and F&B Managers for their immediate action and follow up to ensure these mistakes are avoided in future. Training and strict supervision will be given to the frontline staff to better serve.
We hope you will pay us another visit soon to change your perception of our hotel.
Best regards.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed at Novotel with my family at the Executive Premier Room. Room is of the same size as superior except you get to enjoy the lounge cocktails & exclusive breakfast at the 28th floor. Everything is okay except the poor warer flow on the wash basin. The maintenance guy came but don't see any improvement after job is done. The cocktail lounge is serviced by a very friendly & hardworking Mr Al Amin. Location wise is superb. Easy access to everywhere around Bt Bintang.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Roger L,
Thank you very much for your stay and taking time to review Novotel in KL city. Your compliments will be passed to our colleagues who will be thrilled to hear about them. Looking forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We, 2 adult and 2 kids, stay here for 3 nights. It perfect location gives a perfect stay in Kuala Lumpur, if you want to go shopping and see the close by attactions. One of the best malls in KL just across the street and Petrona Towers and KL tower are in walking distance.
Hotel have a great pool, where you can relax after a day of sight seeing and shopping. Breakfast is very nice and the rooms are clean and spacefull.
Staff are very helpfull and the rates are OK for a 4 star hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed at the Junior suit with 2 adult and 2 kids, 11 & 15 years old. Here we had 2 extra bed...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear stadsholt,

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I generally love staying in Novotel hotels as a preferred choice, however, among all the Novotel hotels around the world, this is the worst. I paid extra for an executive room, upon arrival, i didnt receive any greeting from them. They looked busy with their computers, when I told the receptionist that i'm checking in, he just replied sorry his attending another customer (Without looking at me). His tone was also rude. sigh.. the customer that he mention is not even at the counter!

After checking in to my room, I find my room very very un-executive, the fridge was making some loud sound, the carpet was dirty with black stain and the toilet seat was yellow! ohhh dear... even worst, my wife felt some itch after lying down on the bed.

I went down to the receptionist and demand a change of room, Yup they did change it immediately, I thank you for that. We got a much better room, cleaner and looks much newer.

The only part I was happy with is the breakfast. Although there were packed with many people mainly because of the public holiday, all staffs were efficient and kind. The selection of food was great and taste good too. Tumbs up for the restaurant manager and his team.

Overall experience was terrible.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Rezuan,
thank you for sharing your comments with us on Tripadvisor. We are truly sorry your overall experience was "terrible" and disappointing, starting with the first room you checked in. Your first impression of us could have been better but was marred by the attitude of the Front Office staff. This is totally unacceptable and the Front Office Manager will ensure further training and supervision is given to improve the standard of customer service. We appreciate the comments on a "great food" at Square restaurant. I like to believe that the quality of the team of chefs in the hotel will always make your meal enjoyment that little bit better than the local area.
We hope to be able to serve you again at Novotel KL.