“Great Service!”

Hotel Novotel Kuala Lumpur City Centre
Ranked #74 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Since the reviews here were not all that great, my girlfriend and I stayed only one night for our annual shopping trip just to try out the hotel. We should have stayed longer!

We felt welcomed the moment we step out from our taxi. Everyone greeted us; from the bellboy who helped us with our bags to the receptionist named Suzana who automatically waved us to the counter upon seeing us in the queue . Since we arrived way before check in time at roughly around 9:30am, we were offered a welcome drink while we waited for our rooms to be readied. The ambiance of the hotel gives out a very relaxed feel.

Room is a bit dated but clean and still acceptable. However, you cannot fault its location! Basically, it is next to Pavilion. You can also get to KLCC through the shaded skywalk.

I will be back!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Girlie13
NovotelKLCC, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Kuala Lumpur City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Girlie13,
thank you so much for your excellent review during your recent stay with us! I have shared your perfect score with all the Head of Departments in our daily meeting and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

I would not disagree that the hotel has a good location and has decent rooms and facilities for a 4-star hotel (read my previous reviews on this hotel). What made this stay frustrating was the service or I should say lack of service of several staff.
1. As a regular guest, check-in still took about 15-20 minutes though no one else was in the queue. The lady who checked us in was friendly though.
2. I could not access wi-fi in my room and despite many phone calls, the problem could not be rectified.
3. The duty manager promised to drop by my room to assist with the wi-fi problem but he did not turn up.
4. My friends were trapped outside their room due to a faulty keycard. They had to get another keycard from the reception though the housekeeper promised to get someone to assist.
5. Zahari, who was at the gym and pool, was not the most friendly and approachable staff around throughout the 4 days we used the gym.
6. I did not receive any priority or privileges as a Le Club Accor silver card holder.
It's also interesting to note the number of unhappy guests the reception staff and manager has to handle daily. I really pity them. The hotel management might want to look into their staff training and SOPs. I hope the situation will improve when I return in a few months' time.

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear AndySee79,
thank you for sharing your review with us every now and then, it is important that our service offered is consistent. We are sorry to hear the concerns you have raised regarding service in the hotel particularly the gym attendant and duty manager. The Front Office and Housekeeping Manager will ensure that proper training and motivation are provided so that such disappointment can be avoided.
Staff attitude is crucial in making a guest feel welcomed and we at Novotel KL truly value this.
We look forward to seeing you again in the coming months.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
NovotelKLCC, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Kuala Lumpur City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Reviewed 10 August 2014

for all the people who moan about the Novotel...hello, it's not a Sofitel, or a Crown Plaza. As a 4 star hotel it is great.

The location could not be faulted. Brilliant, right next to Pavillion and the skywalk to Petronus Towers. Rooms fine, the bed comfortable, soundproof, good amenities in the bathroom
I stay on the club floor which is very little extra and the breakfast, and evening drinks and finger food is well worth it. The staff are friendly and the price is good.

What more do you want?

Room Tip: High club floor
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
NovotelKLCC, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Kuala Lumpur City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2014

Dear donalddaniels,
Thank you very much for your stay and taking time to review Novotel in KL city. We were thrilled reading your review and kind words about our team and how we were able to add some special touches to your stay.

Once again, thank you for your visit and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Novotel KL!

Reviewed 9 August 2014

The hotel rooms are OK, not really great. Service is OK too. But the location of the hotel is what you will really appreciate. It is close to everything, I mean walking distance to shopping malls, food, Petronas Towers and train stations. There's nothing you can really ask for :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Zhei,
We enjoyed learning about your wonderful experience during your stay at Novotel KL. We are delighted to read how much you enjoyed our location. Look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I stayed for 3 nights from 1st - 4th August. My first encounter was when I called the hotel to let them know that I will be checking in late and the staff on the phone took quite some time to understand and acknowledge this. At that point I wondered why that was even so difficult.
When I arrived to check in that night, the lady at the front desk was rude, did not greet/smile and did not go into providing any further information about the hotel. She just gave me my room card so that I could be on my way. I am an Accor Club Platinum member and not that I need any special treatment, but she gave not just no service, but bad service.
The room that I got was terrible. Firstly the toilet did not flush, there was a constant sound that rattled from the airconditioning unit which blew hot and cold the entire night. I called the front desk to tell them about the toilet and requested to change the room only to be told that they can get a maintenance person to take a look but this was a midnight! It sounded like the same lady that checked me in and I told her that I would just stay in there for the night as I was tired from the full day of travelling but will need a room change the following morning.
The next morning I spoke to another lady at the front desk who was more understanding and changed the room for me which was a huge improvement because by this point was I ready to check out. I asked to inspect the room beforehand and was escorted by one of the staff there. He asked if I was ready to move my belongings and I told him that I still needed 10 minutes to pack and so he politely asked if I could move them myself. I said fine but was surprised that he did not oblige.
I ordered room service once, placed an order for a 'Beef Ginger', and 20minutes later got a call to clarify my order! They asked if I had ordered a Ginger Beer and when I tried to tell them it was Beef Ginger they said they had no such thing on the menu. I then had to guide them to the page that I read it on until they realized.
I don't know what is wrong with the staff here but they seem oblivious to the needs of the guests and I am not somebody who needs much attention at all. The only good thing I can say about this hotel is its location. Apart from that this, I must say that this would be one of the worst hotels that I have ever stayed in and it should not even bear the Novotel brand as it is so misleading.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
NovotelKLCC, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Kuala Lumpur City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear DD2513,
thank you for submitting your review and bringing it to our immediate attention. We are sorry to hear that you rated us "underwhelming" and that our service staff was not up to standard. As a Platinum Card member your needs definitely deserved our utmost attention and priority, a welcoming smile is the least you could have gotten. This issue has been forwarded to the Housekeeping, Front Office and F&B Managers for their immediate action and follow up to ensure these mistakes are avoided in future. Training and strict supervision will be given to the frontline staff to better serve.
We hope you will pay us another visit soon to change your perception of our hotel.
Best regards.