“Excellent room, great service, and why I'll never stay here again.”
Review of Seri Pacific Hotel

Seri Pacific Hotel
Ranked #53 of 342 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Ipoh, Malaysia
“Excellent room, great service, and why I'll never stay here again.”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Everything is commendable about my superior room. I like the modern touches, soft lighting, dual bathroom, work desk and hidden minibar. There are many channels in the flat-screen, sound isolation is very good, and to top it all off the bed was super comfortable and restful.

That's not all. The Japanese restaurant Kofuku serves a delicious weekend buffet, and the lobby restaurant Zende has a live band during evenings. When my order arrived late the captain gave me a complimentary drink and 25% off the food. The staff went out of the way to make me feel welcome.

Which is why it's so unfortunate I'll not return here again. The deal-breaker was the very limited parking spots. Only one cramped floor for all hotel guests, and there is clearly a cordoned-off bigger area for PWTC visitors in the same floor. The concierge explained that they used to have shared parking with PWTC (Pan Pacific days I guess?) until they split management, which was why the bulk of hotel guests had to find parking elsewhere. I ended up parking at an open-air public car park about 5 minutes' walk away from the hotel, and was conned into paying RM23 for 3 days' parking. Indirectly caused by the hotel, that left a sour taste for sure.

So in short, if you're not driving, do stay here. Everything is awesome once you enter the building.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Ezekiel_77

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Had stayed for two nights in Seri Pacific Hotel Kuala Lumpur and overall it was a very pleasant experience. Located just next door to Putra World Trade Center (PWTC), so if you have any function or event at PWTC, this hotel is the choice to stay.

We had choose the room that has access to the Club Lounge. The room was recently renovated, with many nice touches. Well kept, clean and comfy. The Club Lounge is located at top floor, comfy and private. Shall recommend this place for business traveller.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
bangalore
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I had been to the hotel during chrismas.I would like to say that Hotel is pretty good, we had buffet breakfast as complimentary which has a wide spread.It would have been more enjoyable if i could see some of indian dishes in the br.fast rather than completely continental. Rooms are good.

There will be live orchestra every evening till late night( till 10 pm) in the bar lounge which makes the whole evnironment so lively.

the main adv of this hotel is the accessiblity to public transport, just a ramp away from the local train.We had explored the KL by our own. Train service is very good in KL.

I would say the overall experience was pretty good for us.

Room Tip: Ask for Petronas view rooms in the high rise. Very nice view in the night from your bedroom makes...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank may16197
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

For some reason the whole world seemed to be staying at this hotel the days I was there. Super spacious rooms.I liked the concept of washroom being separate from the bathing area. Superb variety of buffet at breakfast but they tend to remove it off before the time mentioned.
Metro is very close and all you need to do is just hop on to the bridge.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Alysha A
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014

The hotel was booked on my behalf for a business trip. The rooms were clean and spacious enough for a business traveler. I particularly enjoyed the breakfast buffet in the morning, and the Club Lounge cocktails in the evening. The hotel is located close to the KL Metro system, so transportation around the city is simple. Down the street from the hotel are a number of local shops, if you don't wish to pay the hotel prices for soft drinks.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Petronas Twin Towers for a stunning view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed here for 7 days with my wife and two children.
The stay was pretty good all up and we especially enjoyed the breakfast which was diverse. The kitchen staff/workers are a pleasure to deal with.

My only disappointments was considering I booked online beforehand through the hotels website and I thought I knew the total payment beforehand as per the printout confirmation under the total payment section, I was surprised with the significant extra service/tax charges I was advised upon checking in (checking the small print, it does say that their may be service or tax charges applicable but does not say how much)....

I asked when booking 60 days in advance for a twin tower view preference and I was told upon check in that this can not be done but they would be happy to move us to another room the next day that has this view.

The checking staff tried to make up for the above by providing a complimentary extra bed for my kids and that made me feel a little better.

I needed to call a taxi driver on a mobile during my stay so I asked a gentleman at reception who advised no problems, but he would need to charge 7MYR to use the phone.
As this was my third trip to Malaysia, I know when I am being overcharged, so I used a payphone directly outside the hotel and made the call for 0.5MYR.
I had to ask reception to provide us with towels on one of the days during our stay as the cleaning crew had removed all the towels and did not replace them....

The room itself was pretty good and we loved the shower. A big disappointment was very bad reception of the channels. What a shame as they had the movie channels but could not watch anything. I asked my brother who was also staying on the 17th level if he had the same issue, and he did.

The taxis from the hotel are way overpriced so after asking them how much to the airport, I decided to get a luxury blue cab from outside and saved significantly. Once the hotel taxis realised I was not going to use their service, I had one person approach me advising he would be now willing to take us for much cheaper... I advised this was too late.

My recommendation is that this is a good hotel and I would probably stay here again but if you are not cautious and know when you being taken advantage off, you can easily be taken for a ride.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Seri Pacific Hotel terletak di lokasi yang sangat strategis, karena dekat sekali dengan moda transportasi massal LRT yang di Singapura dikenal dengan nama MRT, dan akan ada di Jakarta dengan nama yang sama. Saya menghadiri Global Marketing Meeting World Vision selama 5 Hari di awal April 2014. Sejak pertama kali mendarat di KLIA suasana kota Metropolitan sudah terasa, kemudian setelah naik kereta ke Imigrasi Diraja Malaysia, kami lanjutkan perjalanan menggunakan taxi dimana harga cukup mahal sekitar 180 ringgit atau IDR. 630.000,- namun dgn pertimbangan kami berombongan 7 org, maka seorang sekitar IDR.90.000,- masih dalam katagori masuk akal. Setiba kami di hotel nuansa bintang 5 sudah menyambut kami, consierge menyambut kami dan segera membantu membawakan barang kami, dan sampai dengan masuk ke kamar. Interior yang cantik dengan konsep minimalis membuat kami sangat betah, fasilitas wifi deang bandwith yang lebar sehingga memperlancar ketika kami harus memeriksa e-mail kantor. Meeting berjalan sangat lancar. sarapan pagi buffet kontinental dengan menu dari segala penjuru Asia, China, Jepang, Indonesia, seperti shusi, sashimi, baby octopus, gado-gado, rujak, mie rebus, bubur ayam dll, juga ada menu dari eropa seperti salad, steak, ham, ommelete dll. ketika malam menjelang dan acara bebas, kami memutuskan jalan-jalan ke KLCC dan melihat pertronas dari luar sekedar mengambil foto. kelua dari hotel hanya perlu berjalan 5 menit sudah sampai di stasiun LRT dan hanya sekitar 3 ringgit atau IDR. 10.500,- kami sudah tiba di KLCC, sangat murah dan tidak perlu berjalan jauh. keesokan hari saat acara bebas kami menuju Bukit Bintang dimana banyak kuliner chinese food dan juga pusat perbelanjaan, juga msih menggunakan LRT hany sekitar 1,3 ringgit atau IDR. 4.500,-. Barang-barang kurang lebih sama dengan di Indonesia, jadi tidak saya rekomendasikan untuk belanja heboh di Kuala Lumpur.
Setiba di Hotel, kami bisa menikmati mandi air panas, serta berendam di bath tub, sangat nikmat dan menyegarkan. Hanya saja channel tv sangat sedikit dan kurang bagus gambarnya, namun karena hampir seharian saya meeting dan sorenya pergi, maka hal ini tidak terlalu berdampak kepada saya. demikian ulasan saya mengenai hotel Seri Pacific di Kuala Lumpur dan juga aksesibilitasnya, mudah-mudahan bermanfaat, terima kasih.

Room Tip: Walaupun saya mendiami kamar bagi perokok (karena kamar lain fully booked) namun saya tidak mendapat...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business