“Bed bugs!!!!!”

Number Eight Guesthouse
Ranked #176 of 349 Kuala Lumpur B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Only 1 shower room in whole guest house.
Despite of that, 4 of us also bited by bed bugs!! whole body feel itchy and red spots on body!!
NO NEXT TIME!!!

Room Tip: noisy at night
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank khoo28

Reviewed 25 April 2012

The hostel is really nice, the location is great, in Bukit Bintang, just 2 blocks form there you have lots of good bars, restaurants, good nightlife.. and also 5 blocks from there you have the monorail that will take you everywhere. The staff is nice, one guy knew a lot of the city, another lady almost didn't know almost how to speak in english. They are refurbishing everything, so when they finish it will look much better. The price also is really good including breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lucia S
Reviewed 6 March 2012

This is my second time to stay at Number Eight and if I can afford it in the future it will not be the last time. My first visit was in January 2011 when we occupied 3 rooms and this time I stayed for 3 nights in February with 6 students. We occupied 4 rooms which were all clean and comfortable. I had checked the trip advisor before I made the booking and noticed the poor ratings Number Eight had received recently. It surprised me since I had really liked the place last year and I decided to give it a try anyway. It was a very good decision. There were no bedbugs and the rooms were clean. The walls could do with a new coat of paint but then rates might have to be increased. The towels and linen were fresh – with a small tear here and a light permanent stain there – but according to me that does not reduce the cleanliness. The staff was very helpful and friendly as it had been on my previous visit. I can highly recommend Number Eight to anyone who enjoys a comfortable place which is affordable in a very convenient location.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Ester G
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Its was a wonderful place to stay in Kuala lumpur with a friendly staff's ( Lois)
Me and my Girlfriend had a good sleep in a good room good price and nice simple breakfast with fruits Definitely we will come back to this place every time we come to Malaysia.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Mike2109
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Over the years I have visited this place 3 times and liked it. In december 2011 I wanted to stay there again for a couple of nights, but I quit after 1 night.
The whole building is smelly ; I guess something is wrong with the plumbing of the toilets. In the bowl of the toilet in my room was a bunch of toiletpaper, which I could not flush away. I complained , and hesitatingly a boy solved the problem. After about one hour the temperature in the room was still far too high although the AC was running. The AC blew warm air ; I found out that I had no remote control of the AC ( only way to controlling it ). Upon my complaint the AC was put on high; only after some wrangling I was allowed to keep the remote. According to me the AC was still blowing warm air, but they commented that it would need some time. 3 Hours later I returned to the room: inside and outside temp were stiil equal. Upon my complaint they offered me another room, which I declined. It is obvious that the AC is not working, but they still denied that. Next morning after the ( still good ! ) breakfast I left for another place.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 December 2011

14 bites!! Saw a couple of dead bed bugs into sheets. Was very disappointed as it has an excellent website and looks good from the outside. Just needs a deep clean, some new mattresses and some TLC.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank Jessfitz79
Reviewed 4 November 2011

We got the Tropical Guesthouse (which is just next door) highly recommended. However we found No 8 online and where blinded by its stylish website and professional pictures. We checked in and once in the room my critical eye saw dust, stains and a dirty sink. Usually I stay quiet but I asked the manager if the room really got cleaned. He apologized and got someone to clean it. After 5min I got back in and the now smell in the room hit me hard. They must have used an old mop or something, it smelled like vomit. That was the first time on our trip I decided to check out immediately. The manager didn't even seem surprised, said nothing when we gave him the key back.
It's just a pity that a overall great place like that end up like it has... not looked after and with a "who-cares" motivation.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple