“Amazing stay”

Ranked #170 of 328 Kuala Lumpur B&B and Inns
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Amazing stay”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I am not sure where the previous posts complaining stayed, but I am pretty confident that it was not at Number 8. The management is new, a very concientious and polite man. The place has been recently renovated, the large airy room my partner and I stayed in was freshly decorated, new mattresses, with mattress covers on. There's good wifi connection, a nice outside space, sofas and wide screen TV in the reception area. The staff are lovely, and even shared their cakes with us. It has a really nice feel to the place, friendly, relaxed, and pretty homely. I wouldn't hestitate to recommend someone to stay here.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gnikydnew

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Lahti, Finland
Reviewed 20 July 2012

We had made reservations trough their website as we arrived late after traveling 12 hours from Sumatra. Upon our arrival we discovered that our reservation hadn't been registered and naively trusting our guidebook, that said good things about this place (in our defense we were just exhausted), we paid for a room for 3 nights. The unfriendly and spaced out guy at the reception took advantage of our exhaustion and pulled and old-fashioned by drooping one of the bills we gave him on the floor and than saying that we needed to give him more money, for the money I just counted wasn't enough. I didn't notice the missing money until we got in the room wich was filthy: used condoms under the bed, dirty sheets, the works. When I noticed the missing money and the state of the room I went downstairs and, obviously, a scene ensued. Eventually we decided to leave and got all our money back.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RuusaTuomas

Travellers are raving about these Kuala Lumpur hotels

Mentakab, Pahang, Malaysia
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Staffs are friendly. Rooms under renovation so dun expect too much. The whole guesthouse was only with 1 toilet that day,

The main problem is the beg bugs! My whole body is with swollen red spots and they are darn itchy,,,

2 Thank jwho28
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Only 1 shower room in whole guest house.
Despite of that, 4 of us also bited by bed bugs!! whole body feel itchy and red spots on body!!
NO NEXT TIME!!!

Room Tip: noisy at night
2 Thank khoo28
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 25 April 2012

The hostel is really nice, the location is great, in Bukit Bintang, just 2 blocks form there you have lots of good bars, restaurants, good nightlife.. and also 5 blocks from there you have the monorail that will take you everywhere. The staff is nice, one guy knew a lot of the city, another lady almost didn't know almost how to speak in english. They are refurbishing everything, so when they finish it will look much better. The price also is really good including breakfast.

1 Thank Lucia S
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 6 March 2012

This is my second time to stay at Number Eight and if I can afford it in the future it will not be the last time. My first visit was in January 2011 when we occupied 3 rooms and this time I stayed for 3 nights in February with 6 students. We occupied 4 rooms which were all clean and comfortable. I had checked the trip advisor before I made the booking and noticed the poor ratings Number Eight had received recently. It surprised me since I had really liked the place last year and I decided to give it a try anyway. It was a very good decision. There were no bedbugs and the rooms were clean. The walls could do with a new coat of paint but then rates might have to be increased. The towels and linen were fresh – with a small tear here and a light permanent stain there – but according to me that does not reduce the cleanliness. The staff was very helpful and friendly as it had been on my previous visit. I can highly recommend Number Eight to anyone who enjoys a comfortable place which is affordable in a very convenient location.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Ester G
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Its was a wonderful place to stay in Kuala lumpur with a friendly staff's ( Lois)
Me and my Girlfriend had a good sleep in a good room good price and nice simple breakfast with fruits Definitely we will come back to this place every time we come to Malaysia.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple