“Home away Home”

Ascott Sentral Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #25 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We had a wonderful weekend at Ascott apartment hotel. Such a beautifully sparkling clean hotel. Our one was one bedroom with ensuite bathroom. The bed room, the sitting lounge, Dining space, Kitchen are very spacious and decorated in modern way. The view from the rooms were also very good. The toiletries,Towels, bed sheets, furniture- everything so clean. We spent a great deal of time spending in hotel room.
The restaurant was located on the next tower and thought the food items were limited we had sumptuous amount of good food. We loved the bit of walking to go to the other building. The staff were very smart and nice. Anything we wanted were given to us immediately. We loved it so much that in future that will be our main address in Malaysia.
The best part is, it is located in the walking distance of KL Central station. From airport we came directly at Central and walked to the hotel in 5 to 10 minutes time.

Room Tip: Top floors are better
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kaniz K
HaLuong7, Manager at Ascott Sentral Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Kachipata,

Thanks for your lovely comments. We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful time with us and that you will be back again.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

It was a last minute 3D2N trip to KL. 3 hours prior to departure to KL (from Singapore), I decided to book Ascott Sentral KL as my choice of stay in KL. I’ve tried other Ascott’s properties around the region and i’m impressed by their apartments and service.

I went online to book, tried 3 times and the website hanged and was temporarily unavailable. So i decided to do an international call and made my reservation through phone instead. I was served patiently and politely by Hadri who handled my reservation. It was fast and swift. And surprisingly, they tried as best as they could to get my personal requests done. And upon confirmation, he emailed me the final confirmation.

Ascott Sentral KL was easily spotted from KL Sentral. Signs were place to help guest locate the Apartment. Checking in was easy and soon we went up to our room, a 1-Bedroom Premier, #1505.

The room was impeccably clean and spacious. The living room was furnished with a 3 seater sofa and a lounge chair with a 46” Smart samsung TV. The kitchenette was fully equipped with a nespresso machine, toaster and kettle. To compliment the kitchen, there was a 4 seater dining table.

The Bedroom was spacious with comfortable linens and pillows. The attached toilet was big and was beautifully conceptualised.

Both the living room and bedroom had a nice panoramic view of the nearby street.

And to top it all, the service staff were sincere, polite and attentive to our every needs.

Downside, as the hotel was new, some of the higher floors were not completed yet. (we were excited about the penthouse). F&B side was not completed, so we had to go the the adjacent Shell tower to have our breakfast in ‘Meals’.

Overall, the services provided were in par with all other Ascott properties we’ve been. I’m still impressed and Ascott will still be my first choice in accommodation at every city i visit.

THANK YOU Ascott Sentral Kuala Lumpur!

Room Tip: ask for a higher floor facing the street rather then the nearby condos!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank JohanEzran
HaLuong7, Manager at Ascott Sentral Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear JohanEzran,

Thank you for sharing feedback of your recent stay with us on this forum.

The team at Ascott Sentral Kuala Lumpur is delighted to learn that we have exceeded your expectations in most areas and grateful for your kind compliments for Hadri's professionalism and customer-oriented attitude.

It was our absolute pleasure hosting you and we can't wait to welcome you back.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

stayed at ascott sentral a few days ago as it was new,so minor problem such as parking system is nothing for me as long as the service,the people and the room was good..stayed at 1 bedroom premier which located at 14th floor.the room was spacious with very large led smart tv(46 inch) in the living and 42 inch in the bedroom.nice seating configuration with a very decent armchair.the bed was very comfortable,the toilet was spacious with l'occitane product and it smell so nice.the kitchen was fully equip with kitchen utensil.the hotel located about 10 minutes from kl sentral terminal.can be reach through a nu sentral mall.easy to go to everywhere since kl sentral is a main transportation hub which connect klcc,bukit bintang even klia and klia2 and many other places by erl, lrt and monorail.the breakfast was just ok and the pool was awesome as i can remember during my stay,nobody was swimming at the pool except me :)..finally i would recommenced this serviced residences to everyone because of it location,and it was really value for money as the room was spacious still the price is affordable.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor room facing tun sambanthan street as the other view facing directly to another...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mohamad A
luong_thithuha, Manager at Ascott Sentral Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Asmanggo,

Many thanks for choosing Ascott Sentral Kuala Lumpur and for recommending us! We are elated to know that you like our large apartment size, furnishing and facilities. It's also great to know that our close proximity to Sentral Station also complemented your stay.

We have taken note on your comment for breakfast and will work on an improvement plan. We hope to extend to you an even more enjoyable stay experience in your next visit and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stay in KL often and thought I'd try a new hotel.

Stayed for two nights and ended up in three different rooms.

The bathroom in room 1 had a strong sewage smell coming from the bathroom drains.....making having a bath impossible as you couldn't be in the room very long. I left them to sort it on the first day and had to move rooms on day 2 as they couldn't sort it. Room 2 had no hot water and so at midnight we were on to room 3.

When I complained on leaving I was told that the hotel was newly opened and so had teething troubles. May suggestion that they should have sorted these out before opening just produced a shrug.

The location is further from Sentral than I had thought and is not as convenient for the train as the Hilton, the Meridian and the Aloft.

Would I go again? Certainly not until they got themselves sorted out. My advice would be not to book this hotel for the next few months and hope this puts pressure on the management to get the rooms working properly.

Room Tip: Ask if the room has a bad sewage smell and if there will be functioning hot water.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sjh2311

Dear sjh2311,

Thank you for your honest feedback. We will contact you shortly to provide detailed explanation for the inconvenience you experienced.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

OK - first a couple of negatives. Parking system really needs sorted. When I stayed there, the parking guard required me to have a parking pass before I could park my car in order to check in and get the parking pass. Clearly this was a problem. Apparently it wasn't supposed to be that way, and it's been going back and forth a bit, but hopefully they'll sort a better system for good. Second, the shower drain, which is one of those modern discreet tile things, just doesn't drain well for whatever reason. I had to lift the tile to ease the flow otherwise the shower cubicle floods.

Aside from those though, the room was really an apartment. It was very nicely furnished, modern, had a kitchenette with crockery etc. Not cramped at all, very comfortable. I could see myself living there for a while. Being that it is really more like an transient apartment accommodation, I can see why the service is low-key - you're kind of resident, rather than guest. There's no attached restaurant but it should be no big deal because there are places around in the wider Sentral area. But you have to walk a bit.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear Daengkirana,

Thank you for taking time to write this review. We are glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. We highly appreciate your compliments on our apartment design and furnishing. Our property is indeed conveniently located in Sentral area with easy access to a wide variety of local cuisines and Nu Sentral, a newly opened shopping mall.

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced while parking. We are working very closely with the building complex to implement a hassle-free parking experience for our residents. Our team has also looked into the shower drain and rectified the issue.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Had a good impression with the FO. Met people like Karen, GSM and Kamal (GSO) who were both helpful in giving an orientation of the room and the surrounds of the property.

They share the same building , but different wing, as the Shell group of Companies here.

A gift is the opening of Nu Sentral which now provides a safe crossing to Jalan Tun S. where this property is located. Recently opened, the boasts of only rooms on the lower floors. Most facilities are located on the 5th floor. Apparently they officially open later this year.

As mentioned before they are about 10 minutes walk from the main transport hub of KL Sentral.

Was given a room upgrade which afforded a better room layout and not much of a view.

However, the space is generous and the bath amenities are by L'Occitane.

Being a serviced residence, they have the minimum requirements in the kitchenette area, cable tv and comfortable living and sleeping areas.

Do give it a try if you wish to live in a serviced residence instead of the usual hotel stuff. They are presently the only SR in the area. St Regis is scheduled to open one combined with hotel rooms in 2015. W hotel opens in 2016 in KLCC area for those STWD members.

Room Tip: centre rooms should provide more than adequate space.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear Mei H,

Thank you for choosing Ascott Sentral Kuala Lumpur. We appreciate your review and are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed our service and facilities. We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Came to the hotel at around midnight. Checked in without a hassle.
Got into the room, husband told me "I think I just saw a cockroach". I thought he was seeing things. Second night I found the COCKROACH.
Second night, I looked at the brochure that they had about the room layout and according to the layout provided alone, it appeared I was given a cheaper room, Complaint at the reception who couldn't decide what to do and said he will get back at me in the morning. In the morning (third day) they said the one we were occupying is in fact the premier room, and blamed their brochure for being wrong. I saw this exact layout on the website as well by the way.
Then, I got into my room and lay down on the bed, when I got up from the bed, I stepped right into a protruding piece of COPPER WIRE on the carpet. It pierced my skin. Yes, there was blood. I took a picture and kept the wire. I was so mad because I got a young son that runs around and rolls on the carpet. It stabbed my toe. It could have been my son’s eye!
Complaint In the morning, compensated by a taxi ride, goodie bag, fruits and a change of room. So I come back to my old room to take a shower. Got into the shower, turn on the shower and housekeeping forgot my bath mat.
Entered the new room NO CUTLERY! They forgot (AGAIN!) Had to call the reception.
At night we wanted to order some food. The reception told us that the restaurant is closed, to which they help in looking for other restaurant that’s able to deliver food. Got onto the resto’s website. Tried calling nobody answered. Nobody told us that they blocked our phone so that we can’t call outside.
The next day, internet was down for a few hours. We had more issues with getting food, breakfast doesn’t cater for vegetarian, same menu every day, plates/cutleries incomplete again. Housekeeping forgot to replace the Bathrobes and another cockroach was found. (We stayed for 5 nights).
The apartment was nice, the staff tried their best but all the mistakes that management made are just too much. They should not have opened if they are not ready.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Roachie71

Dear Roachie71,

Thank you for your honest feedback. We will contact you shortly to address the problems you experienced during your stay.