“Really, really enjoyable!”

Cuisines: International, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This restaurant is a very welcome change from all the restaurants I visit. First of all the food is organic and having been to some organic restaurants, I was quite ready for bland and simple fare with nothing exciting. Second the chef, Ashley is quite young and looks like someone out of college. How wrong I was regarding the quality of the fare!
We had quite a heavy breakfast and wanted something lighter for lunch and found the restaurant busy but with some seats still. Starting with some organic white wine, we ordered light starters which were the sea bream cerviche and mango and avocado quinoa sushi . I was really astounded by the taste of the food. The presentation was really wonderful and showed a creative chef putting all her skills to present organic food in a lovely style, making it a feast for the eyes as well as mouth! Then came the taste, the combination of ingredients, sauces and oils made the dishes really tasty and I must say that it certainly was one of the best lunches I had. Plus the food was organic to boot!
I was so happy with the food that I ordered a dessert, the apple tart which again was wonderful. Kudos to Ashley for her skills and abilities, both my wife and I will be back for more. I would like to request that they enhance their wine list, organic wines from various countries are easily available and they should make an effort to build up their cellar.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Organic Coffee Beans - freshly roasted every fortnight. A new experience in Tasty and Healthy dining. Hottest location in KL and open 7days a week. The weekend breakfast is to die for. Book ahead for dinner at 01-REALFOOD.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

This restaurant is a quiet and calm respite in the middle of hot, trafficky Bangsar. Very comfortable and fantastic for a relaxed lunch with friends, you can have a normal conversation without yelling like in so many restaurants which have terrible acoustics. I imagine the comfortable chairs and soft pillows are part of the reason why. Very nice decor with some real effort put into it.

The drinks and food menus are very enticing and inventive sounding, but some items were small portions in my group--a main at lunch was sized more like a starter, and perhaps not much food for the price. Lots of nice teas on the menu, but curiously enough, not one iced tea. Drinks menu could have a little more variety between all the fruit juices and teas.

Service was spotty, the server seemed to be a bit confused when we asked some questions, perhaps his English skills were part of the reason why, don't know. Drinks did not all come together, but food almost did.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

The menu looks varied, tasty, innovative and creative. Sometimes the food doesn't deliver what the menu says, but Ashley's definitely does.

Firstly, the restaurant is not in a shopping mall. Tick.

Secondly, they are mindful about the quality and sources of the food that is served. You don't have to be organic, vegetarian or vegan to appreciate this. They source high quality, sustainable food and serve it fresh to you. It's as simple as that.

We had 4 dishes, all were beautiful. They have a great selection of raw, vegan, vegetarian and meat options to suit everyone. The setting is relaxed and really comfortable. I am very much looking forward to going back and hopefully having this become a regular haunt.

Thanks Ashely's. I can't believe I didn't discover you earlier!!!

Reviewed 10 May 2014

An off-shoot of the very successful Living Food café in Menara Tan and Tan next to KLCC (http://www.livingfoodmy.com/) Ashley's is a welcome addition to the dining scene in Bangsar. Named after the owner's daughter, Ashley, it is a restaurant/ café that offers a healthy, yet delicious alternative to the other local eateries and watering holes.

Ashley, the chef, has a wonderful imagination and her creations are a delight to eat. My wife and I first went to Ashley's just after it opened about three weeks ago and while it was good, it wasn't in the excellent category, as the service was average and a number of things weren't available, as you would expect from a brand new business in its first week of operation.

However, we went again last night and things had changed markedly. The service was top notch, the ambiance was excellent, the place was full ( we were lucky to get a seat) and the wine and food were to die for. I had the grilled brie starter followed by the quinoa, quinoa, paella and my wife had the prawn ceviche followed by the seafood pasta. I finished off with the apple crumble. We had excellent organic wines and beers and Phoebe, the barista and sister of Ashley, was very knowledgeable and wise in her recommendations. All in all the experience was excellent.

There is a very good review here: http://eatdrinkkl.blogspot.com/2014/04/ashleys-by-living-food-telawi-bangsar.html

I would concur entirely with the writer's sentiments.

My wife and I went back, quite coincidentally for coffee this morning. The staff were bright and breezy and the coffee was truly excellent: a flat white and a cappucino to die for.

For a healthy, organic alternative I am completely sold on Ashley's. I would recommend it to all and sundry. Sorry, but your arteries will not get clogged here.

2  Thank Mark F