“Tune Hotel the best choice for room :)”

Tune Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #76 of 342 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Terengganu, Terengganu, Malaysia
“Tune Hotel the best choice for room :)”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Always my favorite choice when in come to choosing a hotel. My favorite when I am single and now, when I travel with my wife, Tune Hotel always our favorite choice. Price always the main factor, but the cleanliness, the location, the service.

I found something new at KL Tune Hotel, Blue Cab with Tune logo. Ease of mind when you need a cab is my 1st impression. But the truth, that cab charge was unacceptable. My advise, just call Public Cab service at 0362592020. Metered taxi with extra MYR2.00 for on-call service compare to the blue cab with tune logo. My experience, asked that blue cab driver for my destination and given MYR45.00 price tag. Called Public Cab & go to same location for only MYR17.00 (MYR15.00 metered fare + MYR2.00 on-call charge).

Tune Hotel gave me great experience but the blue cab spoil....

Room Tip: ask for windowed room. better mobile coverage.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Eddy412

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Very clean room! The hotel is easy to find. It is quite close to a mono rail terminal and you can also take a free shuttle bus to the Twin Tower & other tourist hot spots. There is also a nice shopping center across the street with nice restaurants and a fine super market. A nice budget hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank mktong2002
DeSilvaTunehotels, Manager at Tune Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review.

Tune Hotel boasts comfortable rooms, excellent service, great location and affordable rates. We are delighted you have come to agree with us.

See you again in future.

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed there for over a month in July 2008 when it was first built as I was working close by. It was new, fresh and consistent. Used to be a hospital according to the locals.

Went back in Dec 2009 and it was still doing okay and it seemed they were renovating the cafe.

Went back Nov 2013 and it had dropped in quality quite a lot. It looked like it hadn't been maintained since 2008 at all and the service had gotten worse, or the staff who were likely very inexperienced and underpaid didn't care at all.

I really rate Air Asia highly with quality flights for the price although you aren't paying for service so don't expect it and this is the same for this hotel. I can handle poor service when its so low cost but to see this place let itself go from a lack of maintenance is dissapointing and means I'll be looking to other places to stay on my next trip to this wonderful city.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank 974sirenac
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your feedback.

From your review, we note that it was based on your stay back in November 2013.

Tune Hotels is committed in ensuring service excellence and we are continuously improving our standards.

Please come back and stay with us again to experience the very best of our hospitality.

Travellers are raving about these Kuala Lumpur hotels

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I travelled solo to KL in July and stayed at Tunes for 3 nights. I didn't expect a low cost (~RM 50 per night) could offer such a good quality! The room is clean with super comfy mattress. The staff is very helpful for helping book the cab, answering direction and handling any other enquiries with smiling faces. The environment is nice and safe. Also, it only took a few walk from LRT station to the hotel (just crossing the bridge). Everything is perfect except the transportation from airport. The shuttle bus from airport required you to change to a van in-between the journey. I will definitely choose Tune again in the future and highly recommend it to all the solo travelers :)

• Stayed July 2014
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Ive check in on 25 june 2014 ...five days stay...

Above check in i was told by a male counter staff that my booking of room only pay one day
air con,tv,wifi,towel and change of bed sheet ....so i have to top up another four more days ...if i really want to...after thinking a while i top up cash of one hundred and sixty dollars to have five days use of all air con,tv,wifi,towel and bed sheet..so counter staff pass me a bag of two pcs towel then go up to my room.
When i enter my room was happy thet the room was clean n neat ..But then later that when thing started to go wrong.

1,The sink is choke and water running didnt not go away and started to over float...
2,The colour of water is yellow
3,The shower room tap have chip off ,spoil too as it will drop when i turn to hot or cold and can easly get cut on hand.
4,The air con after running for more then half hour didnt not cool the room at all...
5,The towel that was issuse to me have black stuff on it...
6,The bed sheet n blanket was dirty too...
7,The room smell of someone smoked in it before..
8,Spotted that the smoke alarm is cover with toilet paper sticked with black tape..
9,As there no complimentry water so when down to lobby trying to get water from the cooler despanser and is out of order too!!!As from 25 june to 30 june ....at the end i have to get my own drinking water for my room....

So i started to take picture,so that i can have some thing to show,if above check out and was ask why is spoil or dirty and i have to pay!!!

On the next day when i come back after my outting i noticed that my towel and bed sheet was not change and my room was not even make up...i did put the make up my room tag on my room door!!!

i went to the counter and asked the counter staff and the lady staff told me that i have to bring my the room towel to the counter to do my own exchange!!!
i ve stay in many hotel in all over counrty cheap or high end hotel even motel or hostel..never even i hear that as a hotel guest we have to bring the towel to exchange at the receiption at all!!!so i told the staff that i will ensure that i will write this issuse to Tune management....

Day after days i put the make up my room tag at my room door and after returning from my outting nothing have been done...at the end i have use the same towel ...

As for the rest mention above ...i have to unchoke the sink myself and the air con fliter too...so that i can stay in peacefully

On the day of my check out ...i bring the issuse of room not make and towel not change ,the counter lady staff told me that why no change is that i only pay one day use only!!!.i was shock to hear that as on the first day when i check in ive add on four more days and pay cash one hundred and sixty as package is forty dollar per day..and FIRST day already pay online when i did my booking ..so total five days (25 june 2014 to 30 june 2014) was pay for!!!yet lady counter told me only one day,,,then i was so up sad and told her all the stuff that was not working and not done during my stay in the hotel..then started to show h
er the picture i took ,,,then she started to wrote down all my comment..

Room Tip: Ive check in on 25 june 2014 ...five days stay... Above check in i was told by a male counter sta...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank richardng2014
Dear Guest,

We apologize for not meeting the service expectations during your recent stay.

Since you have also e-mailed us directly, the hotel manager will address your concerns with you personally.

We are committed to providing excellent services and your feedback helps identify areas of improvement.

Thank you for highlighting these to us and we hope to provide better service the next time you visit us.

Regards,
Sharon De Silva-Customer Care Manager.
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Location is good and value for money. All essentials are in place. If you just return to hotel for night stay this is best, but if you really want to relax and enjoy the stay probably this is not a place.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Fahim F
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 30 June 2014

the hotel was just perfect for us who just stay 1 night for transit in KL. we choose to stay at the downtown so we can spent some times browsing the city center. it's just 8 minutes walk away from the train station. what really helps was the laundry coin.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Ignatius Untung S
DeSilvaTunehotels, Manager at Tune Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 1 July 2014

Thanks for the review.

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward in welcoming you back soon.

Warm Regards,