“Beautiful thai food!”

Price range: US$12 - US$36
Cuisines: Burmese, Thai
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Renowned for its rustic-luxe dining experience since 1999, Tamarind Hill offers an indulgent, epicurean getaway in the heart of Kuala Lumpur.Tamarind Hill has made a name for itself as one of the finest Thai and Burmese restaurants in the city, and has garnered numerous awards throughout its years. Drawing inspiration from nature and the local culture, Tamarind Hill is defined by its tranquil and welcoming ambience, and creates an illusion of being away from the city.Through its illustrious years, the restaurant has always strived to uphold its culinary philosophy of delivering a unique experience, realised through offering warm but unintrusive service, and authentic dishes prepared from scratch.
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We absolutely love Thai food, and have been visiting Thailand a lot over the last few years. We were really craving some good Thai food and I read the reviews on here about Tamarind and thought we had to give it a go.

Atmosphere is very chilled, and quite a romantic setting. The seating outside looked beautiful but we were just so hot we decided to sit inside with air con!

Service was friendly and attentive. Food came pretty quickly. However, we did have to wait quite a long time for our drinks. Eventually my fiances wine came but I still had to wait ages for my cocktail. I'm not sure if there was only one person who knew how to make them which is why it took so long, but all my cocktails except for the last one took a long time to come. I have to say though, when they did come they were beautiful, fabulous cocktails!

The food was great, really good thai food and full of flavour. I had the chicken curry and it was perfect. My fiancé had a beef dish and again he really enjoyed it. Both tasted like traditional thai dishes.

We had a slight hiccup with the payment, but should be resolved shortly. My fiancé thinks it was due to the inexperience of the person processing the payment as when the senior member of staff took over it was fine.

I would highly recommend this restaurant and would definitely come back!

1  Thank Joebella

Reviewed 27 May 2014

4 visits and counting. Each time the food is exceptional, service efficient, friendly and professional. One of the best fine dining options in South East Asia, without doubt.

1  Thank Paul D
Reviewed 27 May 2014

From the moment we arrived, we were well looked after. The service was spot on, but the food was too die for !! As each course came out we were all salivating just over the aroma, let alone the taste. If you are ever in KL, we highly recommend trying this food experience.

2  Thank SuzanneLee
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Title says it all. I was a little worried having read a handful of negative reviews. However, as it was bang right next to our hotel, we decided to give it a go. We were greeted by a tastefully lit flight of stone steps, which we spent a good 10 min taking photos of! The staff greeted us, and when the rustic wooden framed doors swung open, I was immediately drawn by the light incense smell in the air, almost like stepping into another dimension! The ambience was great, and one could've chosen to sit outside by the still man made oasis of water. To avoid being mosquito food, we sat inside. The staff were attentive but not over bearing. They recommended a special gin and tonic made with elderflower syrup, which was excellent on its own, and cuts through the spicy food like a cool cucumber (which it had a few slices of ;). The food completely exceeded my expectations. We had grilled lobster, grilled lamp chops, and green chicken curry, which were very very good. The steamed garoupa was so tender! The star of the show, however, was the dessert. You must must must try the mango and glutinous rice pudding! Delightfully presented, every bite was as delectable as the last. My mom said she had never tasted mango this sweet before, especially bearing in mind she lives in Singapore! The bill is on the high side, with three people, ordering two drinks, five mains and a starter, and three desserts - coming to just under RM500. That includes government tax and service. However, I was more than happy with my meal, and it was indeed the best meal my family had in the whole KL trip. Thank you tamarind hill!

2  Thank Michelle M
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I brought my girlfriend here on a date.Staff was so alert & efficient.price was average.Food was awesome, I think the best ever dinner I have ever had in Kuala Lumpur.My girlfriend was impressed when I brought her to this place it was a feel of being in heaven.Keep up the good job guys, thumbs up.

1  Thank Soni D