Lowest prices for your stay
US$49
Booking.comUS$53
PricelineUS$55
Trip.comUS$48
1,334 results
All reviews bukit bintang rooftop pool boutique hotel swimming club walking distance petronas towers monorail station welcome drink public transport netflix grab
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 September 2016

The hotel itself is beautiful. The attention to detail is great and everything is executed to a high standard. I love the view from the rooms towards the Petronas towers - really great at night or first thing to see in the morning. The swimming pool is fantastic and it's a great place to grab a cocktail or two in the evening. The bar/ restaurant does great food. However, front desk staff are not great. They are not helpful and whilst trying to recover an item we forgot at the hotel they were almost useless. When the attention to detail in every other respect is so great, it is disappointing that they are failing here.

Room tip: We had room 505 and it had an a amazing view of the Petronas towers.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
marcom_kljournal, General Manager at The Kuala Lumpur Journal, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2016

Dear adaziv,

Greetings from the Kuala Lumpur Journal!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this warm review. We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay here. Thank you for the comment regarding our Front Office team members and we shall look into it to better and improve our customer service level. We hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Kuala Lumpur.

Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

The hotel is good but good luck with the service, first staff's english is very poor, second don't leave anything behind, it took me 2 weeks of uncountless calls and emails, finally I put so much pressure that they "found it" and a friend had to collect otherwise a massive charge for courrier, the manager is a ghost.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
marcom_kljournal, General Manager at The Kuala Lumpur Journal, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2016

Dear Carlos A,

Greetings from the Kuala Lumpur Journal!

We thank you for the time you took to write this review. We highly appreciate comments like this because it helps us tremendously in improving our level of customer service. We apologize for the issue that you've faced during and after your stay with us and have already escalated these problems to the relevant departments in hopes that issues like this will not happen again. We hope to welcome you back to the Kuala Lumpur Journal.

Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

This is not your standard hotel. The Journal has a distinct style and character that you can tell has been carefully thought out.
Me and my friend stayed for two nights. We both enjoyed the atmosphere, room decor and the staff were always helpful (ha even when I thought their cleaner had thrown my card away accidentally but in reality I had misplaced it, idiot!)
Breakfast had a lot of choice. It decent enough but not overwhelming (my poached eggs were a disappointment). You also have to pay additionally for flavoured tea, nothing extortionate but just seemed odd when everything else was included.
The roof top pool is great. You feel like it breaks you away from the busyness of KL however the you still don't escape the noise of the city. We had the Satay Chicken as a snack by the pool and was incredible, just as good as the near by street food places.
The Journal is located in a prime spot for most everything in KL; whether you want to walk it, taxi it or use public transport.
I would return and stay in the Journal if I was to return to KL.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
marcom_kljournal, General Manager at The Kuala Lumpur Journal, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2016

Dear Aaron P,

Greetings from the Kuala Lumpur Journal!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this warm review! We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay here and it will be a pleasure to host you again the next time you are in Kuala Lumpur.

Reviewed 29 August 2016

We were in this hotel for 3 days and the great asset is the location. The room are basic but comfortable and new. It was clean but surely need some maintenance. Transport is easily available. The BB LRT is nearby. The location is excellent and very central since very close to transit, mall and KLCC. Few minutes walk to the Pavilion mall or Berjaya Time Square. WIFI speed is OK.
The front desk checked in process was alright, the bad part about it was that there was some argument going on with another check in guest which give me very bad first impression since this was my first visit to this hotel. My family waiting at the lobby to check in while I park my car at hotel car park and when I reach lobby my wife saying that something very bad going on at the checking counter. I stayed here for 3 days and I could see there was always some problem at check in counter. Overall I will say the staff is nice but missing in professional experience need more experience in handling guests. The car park is limited and is not free. RM10 per day. Overall good value for money except for the parking fees.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Siva G

Dear Siva G ,

Greetings from the Kuala Lumpur Journal!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this warm review. We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay here with us, despite the few issues that went on, which we sincerely apologize for. We are still constantly improving, and reviews like yours let us know that we still need work. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back the next time you are in the city.

Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

Spent 3 nights with my partner at the Journal and absolutely loved it!
Highlights of our stay:
- swimming pool on the top floor with great views
- spacious room with nice furniture and good air-conditioning
- good breakfast with friendly service
- close to Bukit Bintang monorail and many shops

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
marcom_kljournal, General Manager at The Kuala Lumpur Journal, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2016

Dear Kri B,

Greetings from the Kuala Lumpur Journal!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this warm review. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay here! We thank you again and hope to host you and your partner the next time you are in Kuala Lumpur.