“Value for money”

Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Male
Hong Kong
“Value for money”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

When I started my vacation I was looking for a good relax family holidays. That's why I searched for a resort with an all inclusive package. I was not disappointed and I believe it is one of my best choice I've made so far.
Pros:
1. All-inclusive meal packages including water, all soft drinks, cocktails, wines (excluding certain liqueurs). We checked-in very late in the first night so we missed our meals but they prepared snacks for us in our rooms. After we've checked-out they give us free lunch in the Thai restaurant and free use of the bars (non-alchohlic drinks) until we left with the speedboat transfer at 8:00pm. Although the other guests and some of their staff may got the wrong information with the meal arrangement, it take no time for the management to clarify everything and they apologized for the confusion. Make sure to contact the senior management beforehand.
2. Clean rooms (Water-villas).
3. New facilities (only opened in Mar 13)
4. Good Thai foods
5. No screaming small children and GOs around. (That's why I don't choose Club Med Kani)
6. Very friendly staff, especially the Thai lady head waitress.
Cons:
1. Limited facilities to use because of small island.
2. Teething problems around: (plants are dying and construction works around)
3. Don't expect to receive a decadent pamper here. Not for LOVE BIRDS! (Romantic couples take heed)

Room Tip: Even no. water villas has the sunset view but you can also have it in the Viu bar. I stayed in 328...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank manheiw

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (435)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 9 July 2013

When we were transfer from the airport to the resort via speedboat, they provide mineral water which is good. When we reach the resort, we were welcome by their Resort Customer Relations team which they arrange a chinese speaking staff to intro and bring us to our room. I notice they have thai, english & etc speaking staff too which is great for foreigners. We stay at Deluxe Beach Villa room 124, the room was superb but the disappointment is the ipod-docking system show in their site is still not available and our window view is block by some trees and sandbag in front. When is raining , we were boring as the satellite tv is out of reception. The food is superb in their Ocean restaurants, and may i recommend their pastry breads is delicious. I advise if you sit near outside, please make sure your food is being watch by somebody, else the crows will fly in n pick some of your food and fly away. For breakfast time if you lucky you may see some dolphins jump out of the sea under the sunrise light.

Their Viu Bar is great for resting or just enjoying the view of the ocean and you can fish feeding there too.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Rion L
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

We were on our honeymoon for 11 days. Centara made sure each day was special. The rooms are out of the world, we split our stay between oceanfront beach bungalow n sunset spa water villa. View from the both the rooms were spectacular. Very comfy beds n amazingly clean rooms. The restraunts are good too.. Our favourite was the Oceans front.. Pool bar/ waves bar n giraviru bar both were amazing.. Viu bar surely takes you in a different world, m falling short of words to explain the beauty of this place. The staff is highly courteous. Always smiling. Always there if you need anything. Had a splendid time beyond my expectations.. N ya go for all inclusive plan... Great snorkeling..Great resort great everything!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank Esha S
Knighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2013

This is the second time we have holidayed with Centara Hotels, the first was in Krabi, Thailand , both hotels are excellent, above all else they stand out because of their fantastic staff and superb service, it was a particularly lovely surprise , on the second night of our holiday at Centara Rasfushi to find Aree, a very special friend who we met in Krabi has transferred to Centara Rasfushi, she makes the art of customer service with a smile seamless and superb. A big thank you to Centara - your staff really do set you apart from other hotels.

Room Tip: We stayed in a sunset water villa - very nice. The only suggestion I would make to ladies visiting...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Penn01
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We arrived at Ras Fushi 22 Jun 13. We knew the weather couldn’t be guaranteed (rainy season) but we still wanted a restful holiday. From the airport to the island was by Speedboat which only takes about 20 mins (sea plane option is not required). We were met by the Virgin Rep and handed over to the Resort Reception team at the airport. From there we were taken to the speedboat. In all this took about 20 mins from leaving the plane . The boat ride can be quite bumpy depending on the weather. When you arrive at the island you are met by friendly staff and taken to the reception area, offered refreshments and towels to cool down. You are given an excellent comprehensive welcome brief which was very useful. Fifteen mins later we were taken to our rooms and the bags followed shortly afterwards. We stayed in room 104 (Beach Villa). The room was comfortable and clean and had all the comforts inc Minibar. You are provided two sun loungers on the patio and even the beach towels so you don’t need your own and there is a comprehensive arrival info pack in the room. We were about 10 metres from the beach with even more sun beds.. Each morning fresh rolled yellow towels are placed on the beach beds so don’t think they have been reserved (beds are not allowed to be reserved and to be honest there is no requirement as there were plenty). We booked the All Inclusive package so drinks and food were always available but there were limitations on the package. The mini bar in the room was not included and was quite pricey. At the restaurants (La Brezza and Suan Bua) you can take meals and have an all-inclusive set menu for each day (evenings and dinner) or you can opt to choose alternative meal options and receive a $40 per person discount however this does apply to all menu options only the limited Al la Carte options. I looked forward to having the Sea Platter priced at $75 but the $40 discount does not apply on this option. As for the All-inclusive drinks packages again there are restrictions (local drinks only – Branded drinks are full price). However you need to know that there is a very limited choice of All-inclusive drinks at the Waves Pool Bar (much different than the Vui and Geravaaru Bars). The management stated they wanted to offer a different choice so check before ordering drinks (look for the tick) or you could end up paying for drinks. Staff at the pool bar are excellent especially Shafeeq – who goes the extra mile to help you. This leads me to the staff in general. They are all excellent, friendly, very welcoming and accommodating and this is one of the many highlights of our holiday (Jada, Jai, Bambino, Marie, Abdulla to name a few – I wish I could name them all but I need to write this review!). The restaurants can be busy depending on the number of guests especially Oceans (seating is on availablity first come first served) but the staff are very efficient and clear up very quickly. Oceans is a self-service buffet style restaurant with a wide choice of food which was difficult not to find something you would like (inc vegetarian options). La Brezza & Suan Bua require bookings in advance due to limited seating (you can be lucky and turn up ad hoc but it’s not recommended). If you have never snorkelled before I recommended you do it here as I did. It’s like there are two beauty spots for the price of one. The amount of wildlife under the sea is awesome and best of all snorkelling equipment (goggles, snorkel and flippers) is free to all guests for the duration of the stay so no need to buy just in case you don’t like it plus there are trips available (chargeable) for off island sites for snorkelers and divers alike (I managed to swim with the Reef Sharks, Rays, Eels and many stunning tropical fish all around the resort beaches – Take your waterproof cameras!!!!!). You won’t need money for little extras as everything can be paid by credit card at the end of the holiday when checking out (except any tips you wish to give the staff). The island is new and currently still developing and improvements will be made I’m sure. We went for relaxation and experienced it to the max. I have some lasting memories so worth every penny.

Room Tip: *If you want rooms close to all the amenities choose the Beach Villas (not Deluxe) - easy to get dri...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank JCookson12
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

Just back from Male! This is my first time to Male and Cantrar, I feel impressive at my first glances. My husband and I lived water villa from 1 jul to 5 jul.

Frankly speaking, this hotel is new and all the facility is until under developed and that's why there are limited activity - small activity room and so call youth zone. But snorkeling make you busy in the Leland.

One thing make us not very happy in this trip. We depart the hotel at 9:00 pm and the check out time is 12:00. The check out staff said our all inclusive package came to end after check out. That's mean we have no food to eat before departure except paid for approximately us 80 dollar per head. Luckily, we asked the Hong Kong tourists in the beach, they said we can ask restaurant staff directly . Finally, we dinning for our dinner without extra charge.

P.s. many mainlanders choose this island as their destination. For those people who want to enjoy peaceful moment. We are not recommend they choose this place.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kathy C
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 4 July 2013

My Husband and I spent 4 nights, starting from 28 June at Centara Ras. Being first timers at Maldives, the Resort had given us a very good welcome to and impression of this little slice of heaven on earth.

Being the organised freak I am, I had in fact corresponded with the Resort staff long before my trip. I just wanted to ensure that my requests and excursion bookings are in tip-top order by the time we are there. I must say that the Guest Relations team had been so patient and so accommodating to all my needs. And of course, everything was so well prepared that there were no hiccups at all during our 5 days there.

Before my trip, I had read so much about the "rubbish island" being nearby. Honestly, I was rather apprehensive of my choice of this Resort. Thank goodness, my apprehension was unfounded. If I had not read of those worrying stuff, I would definitely not know anything about it. The view from the entire resort is superb and the waters are also so very very clean and clear.

I really like how friendly and attentive the staff are. We left for dinner one night leaving our drinking bottle and glass next to the bedside table. Some one came in while we were out to top up the water. Instead of moving everything from the bedside table back to the mini bar, they placed a new bottle of water on the bedside table and even cleaned the glasses for us. On the second night, while we were out for dinner, someone again came in to top up the water. Upon seeing the bed in a mess, he/she took the initiative to tidy it up for us, even though it was not expected of them to do so beyond the morning housekeeping rounds.

The service at the restaurant is also commendable. As most of the staff were very conversant in English, there was hardly any problems getting our orders across.

Punctuality and clock-work operations seems to be another virtue of the Resort. The day tours started on the dot and we also returned very close to the projected returned time. Checking out was a bliss and when they said the speedboat would leave at 12 noon it really left at 12noon and not a second later. All luggage also arrived from our rooms to the jetty nicely at 11.45am, with just sufficient time to load them on the boat and for us to put on our life jackets before boarding.

However, there's 2 things which I hope the Resort can take note of:

1. While I fully understand that it's good to engage with the restaurant guests by asking them for feedback during the meal itself, the staff sometimes ask a bit too frequently, to the point of being rather irritating. Being overly attentive is not always a virtue. For instance, we had the Thai buffet on our last evening. My Husband was taking a break before he helped himself with more food. One of the staff came over worriedly, asking if everything was ok, though I know his real meaning was "are u not eating 'coz the food is not good?". That was already the second time during the meal someone was asking us "if everything is ok". It is also good for them to understand the cultural differences of their guests. While Caucasians may be more open and forthcoming to engage in casual conversations, we Asians tend to be more comfortable with our private company.

2. We stayed at one of the premium sunset units. Perhaps it could be the higher level of moisture in the air, the room floor is constantly damp and slightly greasy, even after the morning round of housekeeping. It's somewhat bearable to us, but it could be better if the housekeeping team could explore some suitable detergent to tackle this?

On the whole, we are still very pleased with the stay at Centara Ras. It had left us such great memories of this unrivaled beautiful paradise. Awesome memories that we will savour for the rest of our time till we return there again one day. Slowly and surely we would!

Room Tip: If you are staying in one of the over water villas, ask for an east facing room if you want to catch...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MadameStitch
Also consider these accommodations in or near Male
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
Cinnamon Dhonveli Maldives
Cinnamon Dhonveli Maldives
#1 of 1 in Farukolhufushi Island
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,301 reviews

Been to Centara Ras Fushi Resort & Spa Maldives? Share your experiences!