“Brilliant dive club”

Dive Club Maldives
Ranked #1 of 21 Tours in Male
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Dive Club Maldives Pvt. Ltd. Is a registered local company in the Maldives. The company's main focus is on diver training, recreational Scuba Diving and Water Sports related activities for an affordable price in the Maldives. The company holds Dive Center Operating License issued by the Ministry of Tourism and a PADI International Resort & Retailers Association (IRRA) membership. This membership entitles the company to a PADI 5 Star Dive Resort status. The company operates out of a fully functional diving facility based in Hulhumale' and Male' with sister companies in Ukulhas island and Laamu Atoll with an operational capacity to support up to 30 Divers.
Doha, Qatar
“Brilliant dive club”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I went to Maldives in my own to do 12 Dive package including accommodation and i was worried that i will be lonely there and might get bored , well All Dive masters and crew were very friendly and funny and they let you really enjoy the dives and met a lot of nice people on board.

Thanks Hatthu for all your quick responds to my email and contacts.
Thanks to All Dive masters Mohammed, Shefaz, Martin, Hossain and all i really don't remembers all the names now and for all crew for making my dives in Maldives great.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

• Czech first
New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A well-run operation and fun crew”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This is not a little dodgy dive shop (although the pictures of the actual shop will lead you to believe this). The Dive Club Maldives is a well-oiled operation with an amazing crew of divers and staff. I was certified an open water and advanced open water diver through the Dive Club Maldives. The divemasters and instructor made me feel safe without being overbearing. I expected to be treated like a school child and be "instructed" in a classroom environment and manner. I took the theory lessons in the states. The Dive Club Maldives made the open water referral very easy to follow with based off what I had learned at home. The instructor reviews all the skills before you have to perform them. Everyone is friendly, professional and more importantly, FUN. Diving is a serious recreational activity, but the Dive Club Maldives boys really know how to make it light-hearted and memorable experience.

Group sizes range based on the day. I experienced a boat of four people to fifteen people. Not everyone may be diving on your boat. You may have to wait for the snorkellers. Generally it's a pleasant wait as there's so much to see and preparing for the dive takes some time. I had a dive package for twelve dives and visited about two sites more than once. They could have picked some more interesting sites, but I believe these decisions were based on the level of experience on board. I cannot speak for the marine life, as the Maldives was the first place I entered the open water. However, the night dive and wreck dive was a real treat. I was very satisfied with my experience in part due to the entertaining divemasters who know how to crack cheesy jokes and have a great time.

Special shout out to Martin, Shifas, and my instructor Mohamed.

Notes:
* Water is provided on board the boat
* They have their own de-fog that looks watered-down dishwasher soap - it works!
* Speak to the divemasters about the number of dives so they plan accordingly to your dive package
* The rental equipment is not old, but it has been gently used and taken care of properly
* They will pick you up from your hotel and take you to the dive shop to load the truck with gear and then take you to the dock where you will wait for the boat
* Contact Hatthu to create an all-inclusive dive package with hotel, airport transport and breakfast
* Expect to pay in cash to the actual dive shop (if you have a hotel package through the Dive Club Maldives) - setting up a credit card payment might be inconvient for everyone as the shop needs to bring in a machine from Male city. Make sure to contact Hatthu about how you will be paying well in advance

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Let's all blow bubbles!”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We signed up for the 10-dive package with Dive Club Maldives. It was really convenient as accommodation, food and transfers were included in the package, so we had 1 less time to worry about. The response from Hatthu (the person coordinating our trip) was fast and efficient. Upon arrival, we were picked up on time and transferred to our hotel at Huhulmale, which was nice and comfy.

For the 3 day dive trip, the dive masters (Husan and Martyn) and boat crew were all friendly and fun-loving people. They would describe what to expect for each of the dive sites we are going to and we feel really safe diving with them. Overall, it was really a good trip spent with all of them!

I would highly recommend Dive Club Maldives to divers who wants to explore Maldives on a affordable budget. You can definitely rely on them to provide you a great experience! :)

Berlin, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Professional team, reliable equipment!”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Our group of four friends went diving with the Dive Club Maldives for 3 times. All dives have been wonderful and not only because of the great diving sites...The team was very supportive and instructed us well before entering the water. We all are pretty unexperienced divers but we felt safe in company of the dive masters!

Besides, they also offering great snorkelling and island hopping trips. We enjoyed these adventures a lot! You can rely on this dive company without any doubts!!!

Visited January 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Join the Dive Club family”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I was a complete novice to diving when I chanced upon the Dive Club Maldives last July, as I saw a group of happy people disembark from a dive boat in Male. By the next weekend I joined the happy group and was fortunate to discover the underwater realm under the guidance of real professionals with a passion and desire to share this joy with others- experienced divers and newbies like me. I came back again and again, got my PADI certification under their guidance and cannot wait to go back diving- with the same wonderful crew, of course!
Thanks to Hattu and team for bringing diving into my life and that of so many happy customers and friends!
Monica