“I like this ”

Symphony Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 146 Restaurants in Male
Price range: US$4 - US$8
Dining options: Reservations
Description: “Symphony” group of Restaurant is the oldest restaurant chain in the Maldives and we are proud to be the pioneers in the service industry in the Capitol Male’.Our service in Symphony Restaurant is compared to non as we are very keen in providing excellent customer care and hospitality.We currently have 4 Restaurants. Symphony Restaurant is our Beacon and the first flagship restaurant.
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

I ate once there it is very nice small restaurant with amazing taste with average price I ate fish kebab with rice was soo tasty I recommend this restaurant but the only negative point is that it is not easy to find the place at least for me

1  Thank mohammedhus

Reviewed 1 June 2014

One of the oldest restaurants in Male'.

Food taste is great although the place a little too crowded for an a couple's dinner. Great place for a family dinner.

Service is wonderful.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Prices are high here compare to other similar restaurents. Quality and taste are good and staffs are very friendly. This is a good place if you are looking for a long conversation with your partner or business partners since service is slow.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Food is a mix of various Maldivian specialities, south Asian and a few western dishes as well. Two of my friends said the deserts were amazing. Example of price, 1.5 litre of water (remember Malé island is "dry"), Tom yum soup, mixed vegetable rice and mixed vegetable curry..accompanied by a salad to share of chillies, limes, tomatoes etc which I thought was a lovely touch, as you could add to the spice if you wanted to! Grand Total including service charge: US$12

Waiters were all excellent, very friendly and polite, but also quite chatty as well. And they were happy to amend dishes if you wanted it less spicy or more, as I did! Everyone of us had a great, reasonably priced meal. We all work for an airline, as crew, so will be telling our colleagues about this place!! I will definitely be back on my next trip!

2  Thank Bluebell1074
Reviewed 22 November 2013

As other reviewers, I like to return to Symphony's flagship restaurant for many years. It's a hidden gem and insiders make it a busy place at any time. I've visited it for lunch on Wednesday, 20/11/13 and had marvellously/delicious lambchops with herbal, buttery potatoes. Fingerlicking good. But please sharpen the steak knives!
So I looked forward to the next day's lunch and ordered fried chicken with salad and french fries twice, one as a take away for my husband. The restaurant was full, so I prepared to wait. I was surprised to get my plate already after 10 minutes. The chicken though was visibly burnt and very dry - don't know how many times re-heated in the microwave! The french fries were cool and unappetising too.
After complaining, I only had to pay for the take-away chicken, which looked much better outside and was only a tad red still close to the bone. I wonder if the same cook prepared the food on both days as the quality was so far apart. So what shall I say? The praised consistency from other reviewers is definitely not there any longer, but I still hope that measures are taken to rectify such servings. A maitre d' might be needed to check the quality of the food before it's presented to the guests. Service is professional and good as always.
For the time being, I'll avoid this restaurant and see what others in Male can offer.